What are the meaningful differences?

Sent from my SM-F707U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 X2 RSPEC 850
72 Posts
What are the meaningful differences?
XT-R has the winch, paint/graphics, rear fender flares and painted wheels. Mechanically identical machines, including tires. Though I could have had either, I opted for the base because I didn't care for the OD green (some love it) and didn't need a winch. If I did, I could add one for way less than the $1,500 price difference. Rear flares from the XT-T bolt right on the R-SPEC for $30.

Reactions: Thunder God

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! That is all I could find too and a winch is easy.

Reactions: Thunder God

·
Registered
294 Posts
Thanks! That is all I could find too and a winch is easy.

Are you thinking about selling your Viking? You just put new tires on her.

·
Premium Member
Awaiting on a 2021 Wolverine x2 R SPEC
25 Posts
So that's a bummer. No bigger tires?
And I agree, I like the grey better than the green.
Looks like the XT-R is not in my future.
BadM0nkey i guess we'll be doing a winch install!!!

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Are you thinking about selling your Viking? You just put new tires on her.
No not selling. Old Brunhilda is perfect for me and will go anywhere in Low. Helping a friend decide and unlike the RMAX didn't see any real advantage to the XTR for the 850.

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
XT-R has the winch, paint/graphics, rear fender flares and painted wheels. Mechanically identical machines, including tires. Though I could have had either, I opted for the base because I didn't care for the OD green (some love it) and didn't need a winch. If I did, I could add one for way less than the $1,500 price difference. Rear flares from the XT-T bolt right on the R-SPEC for $30.
View attachment 95236
Well, I'm hoping I get one of those as well! Filled out the financing form and I hope to hear tomorrow or Wednesday what my options are!!!
Thanks BadM0nkey for getting me hooked on the SxSs!!!!
Now I have to:
Look for gear(helmet, etc..)
Bigger Trailer
Tow Vehicle
Place to store it
Aftermarket cool add ons

·
Registered
554 Posts
I got the xt-r because I’m sick of spending many hours installing winches on them on quads, sxs’s, and jeeps.

Reactions: Hahny

·
Registered
294 Posts
Well, I'm hoping I get one of those as well! Filled out the financing form and I hope to hear tomorrow or Wednesday what my options are!!!
Thanks BadM0nkey for getting me hooked on the SxSs!!!!
Now I have to:
Look for gear(helmet, etc..)
Bigger Trailer
Tow Vehicle
Place to store it
Aftermarket cool add ons
LoL welcome to another money pit hobby 😂

Reactions: TN_Max

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
LoL welcome to another money pit hobby 😂
Well, it all depends on how you look at it!!!
Hopefully never like this!!!

And I get plenty of great years out of it.
I'll be using it more for Ute than Rec so fingers crossed!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That's what you say now so your wife lets you buy it but there is only so much firewood you can stack. You are going to be tearing up the yard and the local trails all the time. Especially once we go to AOAA.

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
That's what you say now so your wife lets you buy it but there is only so much firewood you can stack. You are going to be tearing up the yard and the local trails all the time. Especially once we go to AOAA.
And your point is??? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
2021 X2
4 Posts
View attachment 95236
Where did you get the rear fender flares, been looking and only found for 2020 and older rides.

·
Registered
2021 X2 RSPEC 850
72 Posts
Where did you get the rear fender flares, been looking and only found for 2020 and older rides.
That's what the fitment says, but they fit perfectly. Probably just not updated to 2021.
Partzilla B8K-F1559-00-0 & B8K-F1560-00-0
$11.78 each
Take the box wheelwell plastic off, look for the circles on the inside that show you where to drill. I used stainless steel panhead machine screws. Took about 20 minutes to install both.

·
Registered
2021 X2
4 Posts
That's what the fitment says, but they fit perfectly. Probably just not updated to 2021.
Partzilla B8K-F1559-00-0 & B8K-F1560-00-0
$11.78 each
Take the box wheelwell plastic off, look for the circles on the inside that show you where to drill. I used stainless steel panhead machine screws. Took about 20 minutes to install both.

Thanks!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts