Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We already know or can speculate on what’s coming in a few days. Looks like a 999cc twin cylinder engine, 108 hp with auto transmission. What do you hope or expect to see when we finally see the new Rmax? Will you take a chance on a first year build?

My wish list is a two seater with easy entry, good storage, large fuel tank, 28” - 30” tires, long travel adjustable suspension, comfortable bucket seats, 90” wheelbase, no more than 64” width, and minimum 13” ground clearance. Hopefully it won’t be governed and will be priced competitively.

·
Registered
841 Posts
2021 RMAX 1000

Reactions: Wolverinegramps

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just spotted that teaser on another thread. I can hardly wait!

·
Registered
530 Posts
Reactions: Wolverinegramps

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would have to agree. Of course that is dependent on the price.

Reactions: wolvymanx4

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I’m thinking this will be priced very close to a YXZ.

·
Registered
338 Posts
If it's spec'ed similar to the Polaris General XP with a slightly longer wheelbase and a more comfortable cockpit, I'll be happy.

·
Registered
326 Posts
A good trade in value for the 2019 X2 and not a 22K or higher Rmax price lol

·
Registered
530 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,175 Posts
See the CV axles, told ya that tire photo was photochopped....lol

Reactions: therebel19

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If it's spec'ed similar to the Polaris General XP with a slightly longer wheelbase and a more comfortable cockpit, I'll be happy.
I drove a Polaris General. I thought it was fairly comfortable but much louder than my Wolverine.

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
2,842 Posts
Having a Gen 1, the noise all be it important is not the defining factor in most of our decisions. Many aspects would supersede it. I believe the competition will not go unnoticed as to what they're offering. Comparisons will be made regardless of ones allegiance, its normal.

Eg Curved front & rear arms for one.

Edit: With larger displacement more noise will result unless more effort is made to minimize it. Whether its a concern to Yamaha is unclear.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I'll probably end up with one provided it's 64" width but not until next spring at the earliest. The Maine riding season winds down in November and I see no point in getting one just to put into immediate storage.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I would purchase it now but our season ends in November also. I have a few outings planned for this year. It would be nice to have it now. I’m sure I’ll get lots of miles before trails close. I agree if it’s wider than 64” I will have to pass.

Reactions: kukini
1 - 20 of 63 Posts