Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Administrator
2021 RMAX4 LE
3,741 Posts
4500 miles on mine and 3300 isn't anything to be worried about so long as she was maintained properly. My BIL just bought a base 2021 RMAX4 with the same mileage and it was beat on as a rental and everything looks good so far.

·
Registered
2021 RMAX 4 Base
36 Posts
Do you know the purchase price? $15,500 just seems cheap for a 4 seater.
That price seems low. I’d hate to know that was all mine was worth.
I’d definitely want to see some service records. Even if he did it himself should have record of oil purchases or something.

in my opinion buying a used machine like these is inherently risky even more so than a used car just because of the nature of their intended use. If you’re able and willing to do your own repairs then I might take the chance but if you’d have to use a shop I’d probably hold and buy new.

there are two other factors. If you’re going to finance buying new saves you on the rate vs going to a bank for an atv loan and probably most importantly if you buy this thing and it does break will you be able to get any parts to fix it regardless of your repair skill level

it’s a gamble and probably one I’d steer clear of but you may be in a different situation than I am

·
Administrator
2021 RMAX4 LE
3,741 Posts
Do you know the purchase price? $15,500 just seems cheap for a 4 seater.
$16500. Buy a $45 endoscope and bring it with you to inspect the front/rear diffs and put the 90 degree mirror attachment on to check the cylinders when you go check it out (make sure the engine is cold before pulling the plugs).

·
Registered
2021 RMAX 4 Base
36 Posts
It has the adventure pro on it as well. And he says it has all the service records on it. And can print them for me if I would like so hopefully it was taken care of.
Sounds like you’re better positioned than most. I’d give it a good little test ride and then make my decision based on that. I agree it’s starting to sound more enticing

·
Registered
201 Posts
Actual service records/receipts, go a long way for me when buying anything used.

Reactions: knoxkeith2

·
Administrator
2021 RMAX4 LE
3,741 Posts
Yeah definitely going to look it over good and give it a test ride. Just wasn’t sure what these machines were life expectancy was.
Over 11K miles on my X4 when I sold it. Virtually no wear, but I use all synthetics along with Engine/Gear Butter by Hunterworks.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
I wouldn't worry to much it. Most of the HMT trails are like road riding and the rental places seem pretty strict about keeping there stuff out of the outlaw trails.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts