Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
81 - 100 of 133 Posts

Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000
Wow, that trail your riding on looks primo man! Nice n smooth :cool:
Looks a lot like most of the main trails in the Paiute system where I do a lot of my riding. Well maintained. Great for the rallying. 馃槑

Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000 LE
Discussion Starter · #83 · (Edited)
Here are some better pictures of my RMAX4 1000 Rear tire carrier I modified.

DISCLAIMER: First trip planned next week. I will report how it functioned in reality.

Here is what I bought , and how I welded angle on to correct the angle issue I had.
(Basically rim was too deep) This is for +34mm offset wheels , pretty much same as stock.

Please don't beat me up over my welds.. I am a Custom Cabinet guy , not a welder. So I only pull the old Miller once in awhile ,lol.

Font Computer monitor accessory Rectangle Automotive exterior Machine
Rectangle Schematic Slope Font Parallel
Wood Cross Symbol Metal Symmetry
Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Bumper Gas
Automotive tire Bumper Wood Automotive exterior Gas
Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Bumper
Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Car

Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000 LE
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
Update to build.

700+ miles on it so far. Moderate riding style , rock climbs , whooped trails , tight woods, average mud holes and shallow water crossings. No damage or breakdowns thus far.

- installed the rear OEM cargo box , since the tire carrier blocked tailgate anyways. I really like it , but see how water can get inside if any is on the top. Luckily with the rear glass window , it really only happens when I wash it.

Ordered up a OEM heater while they were still available. Not looking forward to installing it.
Ordered the amplified radio antenna everyone else mentions in other threads.

Also picked up a slightly used front axle from E-bay for 150$. It looks perfect.
Ordered a rear Axle , and front steering tie rod. These are just to have on hand in case of a failure. I certainly didn't want to know how Madcat feels waiting with a broke machine. I have been waiting on them to come in to dealership for awhile now so I can see how pissed guys would be/are if they wait till machine breaks to order spare parts. I HIGHLY suggest everyone consider doing the same if they want to avoid a headache. I work alot , and when I get to travel on vacation with my family on rare occasions , the last thing I want is to be 8+ hrs from home with a broken machine and a ruined vacation. Can't just run to a nearby dealer and grab parts these days. PLAN AHEAD !

Loving the UTV life ! Still will NEVER sell my Grizzly's or TTR though :cool:

Registered
I was more excited to share my rear tire carrier I had to modify.
Had to extend the mounting area , spin the wheel about 33掳 so it reads right. Also used 4 studs , which I sourced along with the special splined lugs that match the
12 / 1.25 lugs on machine from Advanced Auto.
Welded some angle on where I needed to extend it. Came out decent , and yes I can open rear window still.
View attachment 95015 View attachment 95016 View attachment 95014
This is a nice mod! Did you weld the studs to the plate? You mention welding on some angle, was it already angled but you modified it? Did you have to extend the draw bar so it would clear the bumper? I have found several through tractor supply. Is this the one?

Thanks for the help with this!

Registered
Here are some better pictures of my RMAX4 1000 Rear tire carrier I modified.

DISCLAIMER: First trip planned next week. I will report how it functioned in reality.

Here is what I bought , and how I welded angle on to correct the angle issue I had.
(Basically rim was too deep) This is for +34mm offset wheels , pretty much same as stock.

Please don't beat me up over my welds.. I am a Custom Cabinet guy , not a welder. So I only pull the old Miller once in awhile ,lol.

View attachment 95077 View attachment 95078 View attachment 95079 View attachment 95080 View attachment 95084 View attachment 95085 View attachment 95086
I won鈥檛 complain about your welds if you modify mine for me. Order the 4047-4 from eBay just now! Thanks! I鈥檒l have to pay the trailer shop to weld the modifications for me. My welds are ugly and they won鈥檛 hold! I鈥檓 a woodworker too besides being an aviator. Being too picky can be a curse, lol. I really appreciate you posting up the details!

Registered
Is also like to ask if the spare fits against the mount without rubbing it the wheel getting scratched up? I鈥檓 also wondering if I could incorporate a mount for the scissor jack when I modify it.

Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000 LE
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
Is also like to ask if the spare fits against the mount without rubbing it the wheel getting scratched up? I鈥檓 also wondering if I could incorporate a mount for the scissor jack when I modify it.
It doesn't touch anywhere a hub wouldn't. So no scratches.
As far as a scissor jack goes , maybe you could find a spot down low to put it :unsure:

Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000 LE
Discussion Starter · #90 · (Edited)
List of accessories (updated 11/23/21)

Optional-

-YAMAHA OEM Front brush guard
-YAMAHA OEM Glass Windshield w/wiper and wash
-YAMAHA OEM Rear Glass Windshield
-YAMAHA OEM Rock Sliders
-YAMAHA OEM Alum Front Bash Plate
-YAMAHA OEM Front and Rear Alum A-Arm Guards
-YAMAHA OEM Rear Bumper W/ optional light kit
-YAMAHA OEM Rear Cargo box
-YAMAHA OEM SSV Overhead speakers
-YAMAHA OEM SSV Subwoofer
-YAMAHA OEM Heater Kit
-YAMAHA OEM UTV Synthetic Rope Upgrade Kit by WARN庐
-YAMAHA OEM kmc XD 7x14 +35MM Bead Lock rims w/spare
-YAMAHA OEM 10x30r14 MotoHammer tires w/spare
- Midland MXT115 , 15 Watt CB Radio
-Unique Offroad Products Door Pockets / Block off plates
-Tusk Side mirrors
-Custom Rear Spare tire carrier
-WARN庐 Wired winch Remote (Glove
Box)
- Twin 40 Watt Cree 3120 Lumen IP69K Black Oak LED spot light pods on EMP ROP brackets
-Twin 40 Watt Cree 3120 Lumen IP69K Black Oak LED flood light pods on YAMAHA OEM bumper brackets

Std- (Factory Installed vrs Base)

- 3 Drive modes
-Interior lighting
-Integrated Adventure Pro GPS navigation/system monitor
-SSV Stereo w/Door speakers
-Fox IQS Suspension
-Rear view mirror
-Rear power port
-Premium front bumper
-Premium Seats
-Chrome inlays
-Automotive-Style painted Bodywork
-Speed management system
-Protective suntop

Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000 LE
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
So , after waiting several weeks for the OEM heater kit I ordered from the dealer.
I was told that although YAMAHA showed them IN STOCK when I ordered , they now show a March eta..

lol.. wtf...

Been waiting 3 months for Steering tie rod , and about two months for rear axle. Both for spares.
YIKES

Fortunately I was able to track a heater kit down at a large dealership a couple hrs away. Probably last one in Wisconsin.
I certainly don't want to wait till winter is over to have heat !
Jewellery Shipping box Fashion accessory Rectangle Font

Registered
So , after waiting several weeks for the OEM heater kit I ordered from the dealer.
I was told that although YAMAHA showed them IN STOCK when I ordered , they now show a March eta..

lol.. wtf...

Been waiting 3 months for Steering tie rod , and about two months for rear axle. Both for spares.
YIKES

Fortunately I was able to track a heater kit down at a large dealership a couple hrs away. Probably last one in Wisconsin.
I certainly don't want to wait till winter is over to have heat ! View attachment 98719
I鈥檝e been waiting for my spare wheel/tire, the cargo box, abs the brackets for the Explorer mirrors for over a month too, actually two months since ordered.

Registered
2021 Red-neck Edition RMAX2 XT-R

lol.. wtf...

YIKES

I certainly don't want to wait till winter is over to have heat ! View attachment 98719
Thanks for the pic of the installation instructions. Been needing the part numbers for the dash mounted vents. Hoping to use them as a ram air vent to reduce cabin temps.

Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000 LE
Discussion Starter · #95 ·
Well , I started the project..

Installation of OEM Heater Kit , and then adding two Black Oak LED Spot lights to the ROP with EMP brackets , and two BLACK OAK LED flood lights to front bumper with YAMAHA OEM bracket. should be over 12,000 Lumens of ridiculous light. 馃榿

I suggest to anyone buying new , try to get dealer to throw in Installation of heater kit (even if you gotta pay for kit). It is quite the project !
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Vehicle Automotive design
Automotive tire Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive exterior
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle Tire Automotive design
Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Car Automotive exterior

Registered
2021 Red-neck Edition RMAX2 XT-R
Well , I started the project..

Installation of OEM Heater Kit , and then adding two Black Oak LED Spot lights to the ROP with EMP brackets , and two BLACK OAK LED flood lights to front bumper with YAMAHA OEM bracket. should be over 12,000 Lumens of ridiculous light. 馃榿

I suggest to anyone buying new , try to get dealer to throw in Installation of heater kit (even if you gotta pay for kit). It is quite the project !
View attachment 98761 View attachment 98762 View attachment 98763 View attachment 98764
Ya, that's gotta be the most challenging install. Great winter project as long as you have a heated garage. Good luck putting it back together.

Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000 LE
Discussion Starter · #97 ·
Ya, that's gotta be the most challenging install. Great winter project as long as you have a heated garage. Good luck putting it back together.
Heats on ,check鉁
Morning Beverage, check 鈽 鉁
Evening Beverages , check馃嵒 鉁

Part I am not looking forward to is bleeding/refilling the coolant.

Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000 LE
Discussion Starter · #99 ·
You'll do fine. Keep us posted. I'm really interested in you opinion on the Black Oaks. The most expensive I've ever had were Rigids that were already on my Rhino when I bought it.
I have thier 12" single row light bar on my 16 Grizzly. Been on it for 6 years , no issues.

When we were in Tennessee, all night long guys would come into camp with their light bars on and basically shine our whole group (rudely imo)

So I know this sounds like a Dick move , but I aimed my Grizzly at the trail and drank next to it. Whenever someone came into camp with light bar on (Mostly UTV'S with HUGE roof mounted bars) I would flip my BLACK OAK LED on and blind them. Lol.
EVERYONE Got the message and immediately turned theirs off. Which then I did also.

I also would occasionally flip it on as guys left camp , just to compare my little 12" BLACK OAK , to these HUGE 40" DOUBLE ROW lights... Probably from Harbor freight or Amazon.

I did not see ONE light bar that came close to the little BLACK OAK. You truly get what you pay for when it comes to light bars.

Now I know guys will disagree with Me. That's fine. They obviously don't buy a expensive one , so clearly they would know better than I would 馃.. lol

Having said all that.. I don't give a crap what guys run , and would never fault someone for saving some coin. Pretty much any light bar built these days will help tremendously.

Registered
I don't think it was a dick move. Those guys needed a reminder. All mine are Amazon and leaves a lot to be desired but work for me now as I don't night ride as much as I used to. My favorites are some little pods that I have in the bumper that either do white or yellow. The yellow down low is very nice in rain and fog.

81 - 100 of 133 Posts