Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
61 - 80 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
2020 X2 XTR
111 Posts
So I was tired of running to shop to use my big enclosed work trailer , and I also leave my Toy Hauler parked there...

I needed a hop around trailer. Time to upgrade from the old rusty 5x10 utility I have.

7x12 3500# axle. $3100.00 OTD with the fancier wheels. All tube , no angle. I thought it was a fair deal for new. View attachment 93776 View attachment 93775 View attachment 93777
we just went with the steal wheels on ours. Get some Etrac and wheel bonnets now and you’re all set.

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000
2,268 Posts
Sliders on. Again poor directions, but pretty simple.
Any tips on installing the rock sliders that I should know about before I dive into it? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000 LE
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Any tips on installing the rock sliders that I should know about before I dive into it? Thanks in advance!
It was a few weeks since I did mine, but I remember it being one of the easiest accessories I installed thus far. Should be easy peasy.
I like them for my kids , as they create a step for them to get in back seats. They definitely work well to keep your rear fender from catching a tree , ask my wife how I know that.. lol

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000
2,268 Posts
It was a few weeks since I did mine, but I remember it being one of the easiest accessories I installed thus far. Should be easy peasy.
I like them for my kids , as they create a step for them to get in back seats. They definitely work well to keep your rear fender from catching a tree , ask my wife how I know that.. lol
The instructions just seem very vague. The pictures look to be of an RMAX that is barely assembled. LOL. Obviously that not the case with the ones we own. Do the floorboards actually have to come out?

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000 LE
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
The instructions just seem very vague. The pictures look to be of an RMAX that is barely assembled. LOL. Obviously that not the case with the ones we own. Do the floorboards actually have to come out?
I do not remember having to remove floorboards. Just undoing one of the fenders I think... Ya the directions are terrible. They make it look way worse than it is, if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000 LE
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 · (Edited)
Got a pic? You know we love Wolverine mayhem here.
Well thanks to the Rock Sliders/Tree kickers , there is only a minor scuff in the paint and maybe a slight dent in plastic (hard to tell).

So they definitely did what they were intended for. You can see the scratch going from front to back on the slider itself. Especially were it jogs out and pushes the machine over. No damage , just scuffs. Better known as "Character" or "Battle Scars" lol...

I should add , it was my wife's first time out. I wasn't with , and my sister led with her Rzr 900 Trail (50" wide) right into thick woods.. I'd say she did good with only one hit !

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000 LE
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
Spent all day Saturday in Marrinette County, Wisconsin.
My oldest son and I put on about 150 miles in 11 hours on the trails. Stopped often to enjoy nature , and made our way to my sons favorite up north Restaurant for lunch.

Gotta say.. I am loving the UTV life. First time doing a day like this in a SXS vrs a quad. Even with a power steering Grizz monster , the fatigue difference is remarkably less in the UTV. I felt so good when we got back to truck , I drove straight home instead of sleeping in a tent. My day was from 3am to 10pm , with 500 miles in truck , and 150 in UTV. What a fun day with my oldest son !
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle
Wheel Tire Plant Vehicle Car
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Sky
Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Plant community
Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle
Cloud Sky Wheel Tire Vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
2021 Red-neck Edition RMAX2 XT-R
778 Posts
Spent all day Saturday in Marrinette County, Wisconsin.
My oldest son and I put on about 150 miles in 11 hours on the trails. Stopped often to enjoy nature , and made our way to my sons favorite up north Restaurant for lunch.

Gotta say.. I am loving the UTV life. First time doing a day like this in a SXS vrs a quad. Even with a power steering Grizz monster , the fatigue difference is remarkably less in the UTV. I felt so good when we got back to truck , I drove straight home instead of sleeping in a tent. My day was from 3am to 10pm , with 500 miles in truck , and 150 in UTV. What a fun day with my oldest son !
View attachment 94874 View attachment 94875 View attachment 94877 View attachment 94878 View attachment 94879 View attachment 94880
Those bright shiny bash plate, rockers and A-arm guards look nice on the LE. But they would stand out like a sore thumb on the XT-R. The XT-R is all about stealth. aka Mean Green Machine. Oh, and happy Mothers Day (belated)

·
Administrator
2021 RMAX4 LE
3,741 Posts
ATV to UTV converts will notice that they are able to enjoy the scenery in a UTV much better than an ATV, because of the reduced fatigue you mentioned, but also because you have to pay way more attention to driving in an ATV than a UTV.

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000 LE
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
I forgot to post up pics of the YAMAHA factory skids I put on.. Not a big deal , and many pics of them on other machines already.. But to keep my build updated , here is a pic.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000 LE
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
I was more excited to share my rear tire carrier I had to modify.
Had to extend the mounting area , spin the wheel about 33° so it reads right. Also used 4 studs , which I sourced along with the special splined lugs that match the
12 / 1.25 lugs on machine from Advanced Auto.
Welded some angle on where I needed to extend it. Came out decent , and yes I can open rear window still.
Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Car
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000
2,268 Posts
Those bright shiny bash plate, rockers and A-arm guards look nice on the LE. But they would stand out like a sore thumb on the XT-R. The XT-R is all about stealth. aka Mean Green Machine. Oh, and happy Mothers Day (belated)
IDK. I kinda like the XT-R with the silver but you gotta get rid of the gold wheels. I hope Rod12056 doesn't mind me showing off his ride but I think the rock sliders would look sweet on it with the silver and black wheels. He already has the front skid and it looks great.

·
Registered
2021 RMAX 2 XT-R
367 Posts
I forgot to post up pics of the YAMAHA factory skids I put on.. Not a big deal , and many pics of them on other machines already.. But to keep my build updated , here is a pic. View attachment 95009
Wow, that trail your riding on looks primo man! Nice n smooth :cool:

Reactions: wolvymanx4

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000 LE
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 · (Edited)
Wow, that trail your riding on looks primo man! Nice n smooth :cool:
Ya , Wisconsin has some super hwys to cruise through the woods thanks to all the clubs. It can be very enjoyable at times to cruise and look out into the woods with such ease.
There are areas you encounter with rough terrain and mud also. Nothing too technical for the most part. It is fun to ride from town to town , and cover hundreds of miles.
Cloud Sky Plant Plant community Ecoregion

My oldest son.

·
Registered
2020 X2 XTR
111 Posts
Ya , Wisconsin has some super hwys to cruise through the woods thanks to all the clubs. It can be very enjoyable at times to cruise and look out into the woods with such ease.
There are areas you encounter with rough terrain and mud also. Nothing too technical for the most part. It is fun to ride from town to town , and cover hundreds of miles. View attachment 95031
My oldest son.
We live over by the Parrish Highlands and Harrison Hills trails. Your right on the clubs doing a great job with the trails. Sometimes a little to good If you know what I mean.

61 - 80 of 133 Posts