Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Hopefully it doesn't come with the 24x7 in-cab heater (ie. engine heat) and 1000 cc engine issues. A little more room in the cabin would be nice too. Their crappy Canadian website is down, probably overloaded, so no able to get more intel on this thing. Might be a contender for the r-max.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I can get on it from the link I posted above. 100hp 1000cc. I guess they did away with the 800. Starting at 16,399 for the base model 2 seater, 18,999 for the xt, 22,199 for the xtp. But to get the smart lock you have to get the xtp, which also has fox 2.5 qs3 shocks. You can add smart lock to the others for 1,500 and change.

Engine is in the rear so it is probably not as hot in the cab.

Rear diff has turf mode.

·
Administrator
2021 RMAX4 LE
3,092 Posts
Feel free to fill in the blank specs if you know them

·
Premium Member
1,922 Posts
Front looks like the Maverick trail with a larger radiator area.
Doors and back are more like the Maverick Sport.
Then the put the dump bed on top of motor up high or it could look that way with lower seating position.

Knowing Can-ham, they will have a lot of accessories I'm sure.

·
Premium Member
1,922 Posts
???
BEST-IN-CLASS BED LOAD CAPACITY
And class leading 2000 lbs (907.2 kg) towing capacity

Rear trailing arms....
Dive-control geometry, Premium rubber bushing
Greater handling in all riding conditions. Dive-control geometry, Double A-Arm front suspension with sway bar & Arched Tortional Trailing Arm (TTA) with sway bar on the back give stability and helps elevate your ride over rough terrain. All XT trims are fitted with arched arms front and back, for optimal underbody clearance.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I saw the best in class stuff too and was like that is the same as the Rmax.

And it still has their same transmission setup...

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha RMAX 2 XT-R 1000
1,152 Posts
"Smart-lok" front diff, no thanks. The rest of the specs look similar to the Rmax, a little less all around.
But damn it's ugly, lol

·
Premium Member
1,922 Posts
Driving modes include Turf, 2WD and 4WD with Visco-Lok† QE auto-locking front differential. Commander XT-P is upgraded with Smart-Lok
So the cheaper models still get the 3 wheel visco.....lol

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Driving modes include Turf, 2WD and 4WD with Visco-Lok† QE auto-locking front differential. Commander XT-P is upgraded with Smart-Lok
So the cheaper models still get the 3 wheel visco.....lol
I saw on the accessories page that you could upgrade to the smart-lok for $1530. They should all come with it. There are a few aftermarket lockers already available on the market for the visco diffs.

·
Premium Member
1,922 Posts
I'd still have to pass as I've got buddies that had can-ams' and I've heard the horror stories.
Lots of videos out there, but here's the latest.
Smart Lok issue

Reactions: ldjbuff

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
I'm sure glad the Rmax doesn't look like that... Fugly!
I do like the extra 4” of wheel base. I’d take another 6” myself. That’s storage behind the seats, or leg room for the big guys or bed space, and the huge advantage is climbing!
KRX is 12” longer with a tighter turning radius than Rmax. It can be done. A little longer is better IMO

Reactions: Jraoffroad

·
Registered
193 Posts
Has anyone really felt the front was light in the Rmax due to a slightly shorter wheelbase than some of the competition?

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Has anyone really felt the front was light in the Rmax due to a slightly shorter wheelbase than some of the competition?
Pretty sure this guy would have liked the extra wheelbase.

·
Registered
182 Posts
i think its a worthy upgrade from the old model, make it more competitive with the RMAX and General.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Not yet but I haven't got to some of our trails yet. There is one that the X4 stood up on its back wheels so I'll have to see if the RMAX does the same. I is a little waterfall with a horrible breakover that you can get caught on so you need to get the front in the air so it doesn't snag you.

·
Registered
2021 RMax 2 Gray in Nova Scotia
873 Posts
I chased an atv on an atv trail for 1/2 hr, that in all honesty my RMax probably shouldn't have been on. I crossed 3 bridges where the insides of the tires were just biting the outer edges of the bridges. It was hairpin after hairpin in dense trees. A bigger machine would have been a disaster. Couple guys at work said, "I can't believe you went in there".

Another thing about the RMax, is the confidence it inspires. I'm a new rider/driver, unsure of my ability, but total confidence in the machine. I saw some utube reviews where others have said the same. Pretty awesome, really.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts