Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
WON'T WORK without doing some modifications.

Welp, I just picked up the 2020 rear arms from my dealer. Doing a few things with my kids now but hope to take some measurements tonight. Even if they do fit, I can't install because I dont have the longer axle shafts yet. Scheduled to come in late November.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
From what I can tell, the arms, axle shafts, and shocks have different part numbers. The 2020 specs give you 1 inch extra wheels base which I'm hoping brings the rear back 1 inch. Also get more rear wheel travel. I'm hoping the part number for the shock is due to a spring change. I have JBS springs already.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My dealer likes me and does there best to price match online prices. So they are about $42 for 2 of them and $52 for the other 2. Each, so about $200 for the set.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Very nice. Can't wait to here how this mod goes and if the results are what you are hoping for. Definitely something that I would consider doing if it all ends up being bolt on and go.

Reactions: Duckmans

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
From what I can tell, the arms go back about 1 inch and are about 1 inch longer.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Do you think your brake lines have enough extra slack to work with the longer arms?

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do you think your brake lines have enough extra slack to work with the longer arms?
I have portals which came with longer rear brake lines. Check the parts break downs for part number changes. From what I remember, the factory ones almost reached with portals. Looks like mine won't be a problem.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Very nice.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I thought more people would want to know more. I took some pics but hard to see if they fit in a pics. Measurements with a tape measure shows the bottom left will fit. I have a square I can use and take some better pics with. Maybe a YouTube video would be good to see all of it?

Pic is outside to outside of the arm mounts. Phone was going dead so flash wasn't working.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Good stuff, keep the posts coming. I'm so down for this mod. Of course it'll cost us canucks probably twice as much.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I was telling the wife about these arms today, waiting to see how and if it fits.

·
Lead Super Moderator
2,562 Posts
Can you confirm that the 2020 Upper/Lower A-arms share the exact same mounting dimensions to the frame? Can you lay the 2020 upper A arm on top of your existing A-Arm and show us that it fits into the uprights?

Reactions: wolvymanx4

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Can you confirm that the 2020 Upper/Lower A-arms share the exact same mounting dimensions to the frame? Can you lay the 2020 upper A arm on top of your existing A-Arm and show us that it fits into the uprights?
It wouldn't fit with the shock in the way.

·
Lead Super Moderator
2,562 Posts
Thanks for being the Guinea Pig. I suggest everyone else hold off until you get yours successfully installed. I really hope it bolts right in but it would really suck if it were off just enough to prevent it from fitting. I'd rather have it be way off.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for being the Guinea Pig. I suggest everyone else hold off until you get yours successfully installed. I really hope it bolts right in but it would really suck if it were off just enough to prevent it from fitting. I'd rather have it be way off.
Yeah, all good here. Was tired of waiting for someone else to do it. Your video and pics gave me enough info to go for it. Just need those axle shafts now.

1 - 20 of 128 Posts