Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Live in the Tennessee area and just purchased above UTV. I am looking for info on the best windshield for this unit. I have read that the velcro fasteners don'ts hold so good. Looking for a bolt on windshield depending on your opinions. Thanks all!

·
Super Moderator
3,796 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I'd recommend you create a thread in the X2/X4 General discussion section with your windshield questions, guys on here have all kinds of different models and can give you the pros and cons of each. Please fill in you location and signature block with your Wolverines info, it'll help everyone out.

·
Premium Member
1,133 Posts
"Best" depends upon your specific requirements / needs.
There are half, full, folding & mesh in general, not to mention different materials.
The area that you live, your riding conditions and any future cab plans should be thought out/planned.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I chose the Yamaha full windshield and then added Seizmik vents and wipers from dbdcustoms.com This one is made very well with folding clamps that are very secure but it can be removed in 2 minutes. Installation takes 3-5 minutes as I have to work it under the roof.

I love it when it’s not hot. It’s too hot in the warmer months so I started removing it. I plan to try either a half shield or the mesh from roguepowersports.com once it warms up June - August.

Have fun with your decision!

Attachments

·
Registered
548 Posts
IMG_2150-2.JPG
I also have the OEM full windshield. It seals up to the hood and roof nicely and is easy to remove. I also added a wiper.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I recommend a super atv flip up. I have a gen 1 wolvy but if I upgrade the next one will probably be the same. You can run with it completely shut or it has two notches to open it just a couple of inches or you can run with it fully open if you want a lot more airflow. The only downside is it could use a stiffener in the middle as once in awhile the windshield will vibrate in the center where the upper meets the fixed lower section. wolvie w blade.jpg

·
Registered
60 Posts
Paul65 how do you like those Seizmik vents? Do they leak at all, give you enough airflow, etc?

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Paul65 how do you like those Seizmik vents? Do they leak at all, give you enough airflow, etc?
I do like them, glad I did it. When open, and depending on vehicle speed of course, there is a good bit of airflow directly in line with the vent. They don't spread the air throughout the cab. So if you want air on you, install them accordingly. The vents have a nearly 180-degree flap. At 90-degrees they are 100% open. You can go up with the flap and they turn into a way to vent fog off the inside of the windshield. They are a good design. I have ridden in hard pouring rain, so hard it was difficult to see, and they didn't allow much water in. I'd almost say they didn't leak, just a few drops come in is all. In anything less than a full downpour they don't allow anything in.

They are tricky to install. I used 12-14" wide masking tape from a body shop to cover the entire windshield. I mocked them up many times before deciding where to drill & cut. It's a lot of drilling as there are a lot of corners and you drill every corner. Then cut with a jigsaw. I'd allow about an hour per vent after you drill the first hole. It's not difficult, just tedious. You will want to do this with the windshield off the vehicle. You will want the windshield on to mock it up. Lot of taking on & off before you drill & cut.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I do like them, glad I did it. When open, and depending on vehicle speed of course, there is a good bit of airflow directly in line with the vent. They don't spread the air throughout the cab. So if you want air on you, install them accordingly. The vents have a nearly 180-degree flap. At 90-degrees they are 100% open. You can go up with the flap and they turn into a way to vent fog off the inside of the windshield. They are a good design. I have ridden in hard pouring rain, so hard it was difficult to see, and they didn't allow much water in. I'd almost say they didn't leak, just a few drops come in is all. In anything less than a full downpour they don't allow anything in.

They are tricky to install. I used 12-14" wide masking tape from a body shop to cover the entire windshield. I mocked them up many times before deciding where to drill & cut. It's a lot of drilling as there are a lot of corners and you drill every corner. Then cut with a jigsaw. I'd allow about an hour per vent after you drill the first hole. It's not difficult, just tedious. You will want to do this with the windshield off the vehicle. You will want the windshield on to mock it up. Lot of taking on & off before you drill & cut.
Great, thank you for the info. They do look nice, not sure if I want go this route or not. In the summer I swap out my full windshield for a Rouge Powerscreen.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I haven't heard the criticisms of velcro windshield attachment systems. I have a SuperATV half windshield, which uses velcro attachments. Solid as a rock. I actually prefer these to bolt-ons simply because there are no hard spots to cause possible stress failures over time.

Reactions: Paul65

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
2,437 Posts
Oh my, I have the half windshield dealer installed. Must be Yamaha with clamp mounts on the bars. Best solution IMO. I have clear vision over the windshield and it blocks 80 of the wind I'd say while he helmet handles the spill over if I need my visor down. A lot of time I have my visor totally up. Even in the winter!!! I don't drive that fast. No worries about trying to see through rain and mud, dirt on the windshield. If you want to be closed in. Maybe a Jeep is what you should have got. I am out all year round and at least 3-4 times in the last two weeks even when it hit -6C one day the sun was shinning lovely and I was gone. Ice on the trail and under the snow so side sliding was going on but I took care. No trees were hit. LOL

Reactions: Paul65
1 - 12 of 12 Posts