Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've added heat shields following Massive's procedures but still get a massive amount of heat coming from the center console. Is there anyone else having the same issue?

IMG_0456.jpg

I rode around in FL for the past month but after 10 minutes the heat gets so high it's an issue. I have to open the door while running around 20 mph to suck the heat out. I have a windshield and rear window as well. But the heat keeps pouring in.

I'm thinking of getting some corrugated plastic board and find a way to mount it in front of the air intake and push the heat out the front wheel wells.

Any thoughts?

·
Engineer
1,775 Posts
We had same problems with our Rhinos, a consequence of sitting on top of a hot engine. We added fans that sucked air from inside the cab and blew it over the engine. Aluminum heat shields where possible. Also look up a Rhino dust guard, these helped with heat also.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I live in Arizona, Phoenix area. I dont run with a windshield. You've pretty much enclosed the cab and wonder why it's getting hot.... You've reduced the airflow thru the cab. Take off the windshield, gets some goggles and enjoy.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Jstrenn, i wish i could. it would be illegal for me to do so on the roads i ride in Michigan. So solving this issues would be nice.

·
Lead Super Moderator
2,574 Posts
Did you insulate the coolant lines running under the tunnel, especially the driver's side?

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
I think someone makes some operable vents you can put in the windshield.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I insulated everything but in the summer, I take the windshield and doors off. Get aluminum duct tape and fill in any gaps.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Reactions: MassiveOverkill

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think someone makes some operable vents you can put in the windshield.
I have the SuperATV Split Windshield so I do open it. But it doesn't help my feet and ankles! So hot! In fact I also live in AZ and drove it about 4 miles (I try to run it for 30 mins at least once a week). I think it gets the hottest when the radiator fan runs, but it could just be me...

·
Lead Super Moderator
2,574 Posts
Being in Florida, where I unfortunately lived for 30 years, other than redirecting radiator exhaust to the wheel wells, it's not going to get much better than that.

Believe it or not, on our last ride 2 weeks ago I had to hold my doors open driving through Custer State Park as it was sweltering with the same mods going slow speeds as tourists gawked at the bison.

You could add an inline fan to circulate air through the tunnel as well.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's a good idea, I'll have to look for a radiator fan as it is water proof and see what I can come up with...

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
2,462 Posts
Insulating won't help heat thats blowing out holes in the center console. I get a ton of heat coming out the space of the brake lever & gear shift opening. Small but when the rad fan kick on its blowing fiercely. I tried taping over the shifter slot but when I pull the break on it dislodges my effort. Whats left still blocks some air. I have the Yamaha half windshield and its great and more than sufficient. Air flow is a must have and I'd never close off the doors. Put them back to stock (top half open).

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
2,462 Posts
Slotted vents in the side panels might help like Fish Gills but dust and other crud will get in when submerged

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
Summertime most owners remove their doors, I see it a lot.
I just added window vents, window fans and overhead fan to direct air flow where & when needed.
I'm good atm, but thought about adding smaller air registers to the doors also.

Reactions: therebel19

·
Registered
101 Posts
I know Yamaha has the heater kit but does anyone make an air conditioner kit like Polaris and Can Am have?

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
2,462 Posts
Summertime most owners remove their doors, I see it a lot.
I just added window vents, window fans and overhead fan to direct air flow where & when needed.
I'm good atm, but thought about adding smaller air registers to the doors also.
Well a grill blocked Muffin fan 6" or more will move a lot of air, either way. Low power and low profile. Used a lot in computer equipment for cooling so its 12VDC FYI. Other likely position given additional thought.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts