Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased the 2019 X2 Wolverine. I have approx 96 miles on it and I am experiencing intermittent motor kill. The motor quits when stopped. I am assuming electrical or computer as it happens when I shift, turn on lights etc. any similar problems with this model?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I havent heard of anything like that. Certainly sounds electrical in nature. Check battery cables, any connections from computer to engine, and connections from key to, errr, where ever the key goes to.

I often worry about the safety "nannies" (sensors) when this type of thing happens, but only thing ive heard of wolverine doing is cutting engine output (presumeably fuel). When it is running, does it run normally (full output) when driving it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
H have trouble with mine when I’ve been going pretty good and Let off the fuel up hill down hill or in the Level it will just die when you let off the fuel doesn’t do it all the time but it acts Like something running out of fuel

·
Registered
326 Posts
I have noticed sometimes I will not be getting good contact with the seat belt safety feature. What happens if you are going more than 9mph(my cut-out speed for the seatbelt) and you remove the seat belt? Will that duplicate the symptoms?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Recently had problems with belt slipping and took it to the dealer and they said a seal on the clutch shaft was leaking and getting on the belt so they changed both front and back seals on clutch shafts and put a new belt on and took it for the first big ride and almost made it back and running about 43 miles per hour and the belt blowed up and came to a stop right in the middle of the highway had my little girl with me so I pushed it out of the road to the side before anything came along shew this really bothers me that all this happened and don’t why does anyone have any answers

·
Registered
4 Posts
I forgot to tell you all when I started having belt problems I had 2000 miles on my machine too it shouldn’t had any problems and it this new. Seams like I’ve got a Lemon I never treated it bad never went mud bogging or really been hard on just plan old family rides

·
Registered
4 Posts
2019 X2 Spec-R Belt problems

I got 2000 miles on it and Recently had problems with belt slipping and took it to the dealer and they said a seal on the clutch shaft was leaking and getting on the belt so they changed both front and back seals on clutch shafts and put a new belt on and took it for the first big ride and almost made it back and running about 43 miles per hour and the belt blowed up and came to a stop right in the middle of the highway had my little girl with me so I pushed it out of the road to the side before anything came along shew this really bothers me that all this happened and don’t why does anyone have any answers

·
Lead Super Moderator
2,562 Posts
I got 2000 miles on it and Recently had problems with belt slipping and took it to the dealer and they said a seal on the clutch shaft was leaking and getting on the belt so they changed both front and back seals on clutch shafts and put a new belt on and took it for the first big ride and almost made it back and running about 43 miles per hour and the belt blowed up and came to a stop right in the middle of the highway had my little girl with me so I pushed it out of the road to the side before anything came along shew this really bothers me that all this happened and don’t why does anyone have any answers
Oil leaks from either the wet clutch housing or shaft seal is pretty much the only way I can think of the Yamaha CVT leaving you stranded other than swamping it. It's not likely to happen but I would say 2K miles is a good time to check your wet clutch housing bolts (mine were barely tight at 3K miles), your shaft oil seal, and ESPECIALLY service your secondary clutch. I have a spare wet clutch shaft oil seal that I'm going to carry with me as it's something that could be changed in the field and get you back running again.

·
Registered
804 Posts
I recently purchased the 2019 X2 Wolverine. I have approx 96 miles on it and I am experiencing intermittent motor kill. The motor quits when stopped. I am assuming electrical or computer as it happens when I shift, turn on lights etc. any similar problems with this model?
while the engine is running (idling). Try grabbing and wiggling the wires and harnesses throughout the machine. you may have a bad connection somewhere causing it to die.

Reactions: jimclemjr

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Check grounding of ECU. It may be it's mounting bolts.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts