Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see that the 2021-X Series comes with a brake master cylinder mud guard. I ordered the parts from the 2021 and they should be here by the end of the week. The microfiche: 2021 [Pedal Wire] part [# 12] [Mud Guard Comp] B4J-F162-00-00. I have also ordered the attachment hardware. Hopefully this bolts up to the 2019 X2 and I'll get some added protection and no more wet feet.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I see that the 2021-X Series comes with a brake master cylinder mud guard. I ordered the parts from the 2021 and they should be here by the end of the week. The microfiche: 2021 [Pedal Wire] part [# 12] [Mud Guard Comp] B4J-F162-00-00. I have also ordered the attachment hardware. Hopefully this bolts up to the 2019 X2 and I'll get some added protection and no more wet feet.
Keep us updated!

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
2,604 Posts
I am not sure how that protects your feet. I know my brake cylinder is exposed as well. But water comes in the floor holes if deep enough.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Water comes in from around the master cylinder. I keep my floor plugs in. Go through a puddle at speed and water will fly in by the brake pedal.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Thank you Yamaha for not having the foresight to properly name the units. And this thread epitomizes the anxiety I had with the new Rmax and the new format revisions to this forum! but it's not really A forum is it? it is 3 or 4 all rolled into one and the users have to proactively manage it ...... I am getting lost here...sorry guys!

Reactions: Tripplec

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jimclemjr what was that rant about and why is it under my posting? For those of you wondering if the guard fits the 19 x2, no not really. I think I will be able to mod it but they must have made change in 2021.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
only in a y j. I will see what i can do. One thing that is not helping fitment is my inferno cab heater hose taps are in the way. They are directly in front of the new guard pushing on it. I highly doubt yamaha made significant changes to the x series besides the roll bar change. Ill give it another shot with the wheel off. I'm still waiting on the mounting hardware which will be in this week.

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
Thanks for testing and sharing, I’ll follow this thread. I’m interested too.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I got a chance to try to insert the guard on the 2019 x2. The guard almost fits but not perfect. It fits around the brake cylinder fine but does not sit good against the plastic fender. Obviously they changed something slightly I think someone could make it fit but I really don't feel like messing with it. My heater tubing is in the way anyways. If I do anything I will get the aluminum foot well protection which covers the brake cylinder. I did stitch up the rubber gasket with wire ties on the back side of the cylinder to reduce water infiltration. Sorry fellas thats my take anyways. It is only a 15 dollar part so your not out much if you want to try it yourself.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Actually I just saw a video from big pine sports on YouTube titled things I didn't know about the wolverine 850 XTR. If you look close there is no guard over the brake cylinder. Maybe only Rmax.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts