Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wanna some mud to be splashed on the screen

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to the community. Since I didn't find any deep teardown of the engine and have mine totally blown - decided to start a thread on building the engine from very beginning. Please let me know if this is a topic that interesting for owners and technicians.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Ouch! What happened to cause that?

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
instead of before and after, I guess that is after and before. Details please. Cause? What you doing, are there aftermarket parts available or going stock?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ouch! What happened to cause that?
Well, one connection rod disintegrated. Causing the rod to exit crankcase, throw away the starter motor and creating some new orifices. Engine was running without drain cap on intake duct and had some water in oil.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
instead of before and after, I guess that is after and before. Details please. Cause? What you doing, are there aftermarket parts available or going stock?
Long story short - I bought wrecked vehicle, after understanding what should be replaced - ordered OEM parts from various suppliers. The build will include brand new block, balancer shaft, conrods, pistons etc. Unfortunately engine is so new that there are no B brand aftermarket parts, and no engines as standalone used item for purchase. Winter is loong, and I have a man's LEGO to play with:)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also making videos for YouTube with as many details as possible. English is not my native language so videos will be for visualisation purposes only.

·
Administrator
2021 RMAX4 LE
3,002 Posts
I saw your YoutTube videos and was going to post them, but no one would understand what you're saying. The Closed Caption option sometimes works though.

·
Premium Member
1,181 Posts
What an interesting thread! Please continue I am following and I am sure many more will be interested. The machine is so new there is not others doing this yet. Blaze the trail!

·
Premium Member
1,181 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,446 Posts
RMAX motor is pretty much the same 850 motor as the X models, just lightened up some internals as I understand it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
RMAX motor is pretty much the same 850 motor as the X models, just lightened up some internals as I understand it.
The engine is pretty simple inside. No high tech or something like that. Built as 20-30 years ago, maybe different material, some reconfigured geometry. Most complicated parts are fuel injectors and ECU.

·
Premium Member
1,446 Posts
The engine is pretty simple inside. No high tech or something like that. Built as 20-30 years ago, maybe different material, some reconfigured geometry. Most complicated parts are fuel injectors and ECU.
Right right, I just remember seeing a reveal type video of the new RMAX and they said it was the same 850 motor as the X machines, but Yamaha lightened several internal components to get the added horsepower.
I know the CVT shafts are larger, but it also leaves one to wonder if they could be replaced along with the housing to accommodate the RMAX sheaves or even do a engine swap.
I'm sure someone will look into this later down the road I'm sure....lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts