Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have about 11 hours and about 100 miles or so on the machine. Three times now when I have put it into diff lock from a standstill and hit the gas, it seems to studder like it is either running out of fuel, or very similar to the reverse lockout on ATVs, but then it seems to clean up after a bit. I am wondering if there is something happening when putting it in diff lock, some sensor out of adjustment causing the ignition to act up.

Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
It is programmed to not allow full throttle if Dif lock is turned on but not fully engaged. Make sure you wait for the Dif lock light to come on before accelerating. Sometimes I have to rock the machine fore and aft a bit to get it locked in.

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Turning the steering wheel back and forth works for some too. Like Roady said, make sure the Diff lock light is on and not still flashing. Once it's lit up solid you should have full power.

·
Registered
157 Posts
And the when disengaging you can come to a complete stop and even hit reverse for a split second and back up a short distance. Then its back to full power.

·
Registered
388 Posts
It does that when 4 wheel low is not all the way engaged OR when 4 wheel low is not fully disengaged. Give it a minute you may have to tap the throttle quickly or turn the steering wheel while tapping the throttle. The "stuttering" is protection for parts that have to do with 4 wheel low so that they are not damaged.

·
Super Moderator
3,796 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts