Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for some input on cabin rentals in West Virginia.

Our first trip will just be myself and my fiancee in July. Plans are to take 3-5 days to relax and ride. Hopefully find a decent area to do some deer hunting in later in the fall.
Then in the fall we want to bring our kids down and do some deer hunting and hopefully stay in the same cabin.

Any reccomendations?

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
Not sure what kind of accommodations you're looking for, but nice places are hard to find. There are a ton of great places to stay and ride, but if you're looking for something "romantic" with a hot tub, don't count on it.
Ashland resort has the nicest cabins I have seen in southern west Virginia. And you have access to 3 trail systems.
Everywhere else I have been to are great places for groups of guys who are there strictly to ride. Dry place to sleep and a warm shower, not much otherwise.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Twin Hollow campground. real nice cabins or if you camp with tent or motorhome. The driveway is a real steep monster but they will trailer you stuff up with the tractor if you don't want to pull your crap up by yourself. Although I tow my stuff up it with no problems.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Twin Hollow is the nicest I have seen. We stay in Ashland now since there are more trail head access but twin hallow has the best view, cabins are great. Wayne takes really good care of the place. You only have access to rock house but that may be ok if you are just wanting to go someplace with the wife. You are also closer to town so you can ride in and use the pressure washer there in Gilbert.

Twin Hollow

We usually stay in a house in Ashland now but the view is not as good.

Good luck. If its you and the wife, id go to Twin Hollow.

·
Registered
103 Posts
http://m.wildwillysatvrezort.com/si...bile?url=http://www.wildwillysatvrezort.com/F

Stay with Willy once and you'll be hooked. Can't say enough good things about him and his wife Bonnie. About 2 miles from Ashland. Clean,modern cabins, garage on site if you have any trouble. Knows the trails for advice if wanted.We go down twice a year but went a third time over Thanksgiving and rode with Willy and Bonnie to Bramwell, WV for dinner.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Thanks for the advice so far, I appreciate it.

Any idea about hunting in those areas?
I think there is some hunting around twin hollow. Call and ask for Wayne. Wayne's son hit a baby deer with his truck and nursed it back to health. Earl was his name. He was like a pet dog. He would come up to you at the cabin and ask for pets. They had to put a collar on it so people wouldn't shoot it. Only reason I bring it up is since they had to put a collar on Earl so people would hunt him leads me to believe there is hunting in that area.

LOOK OUT FOR EARL!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.