Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2006 wolverine 450 doesn't want to stay in park. The parking light doesn't come on when placed in park, so it appears it's not engaging the electrical circuit. Anytime I try to place it in park even on a slight grade, the quad just wants to drift away. When it does drift away, I can hear clicking from what sounds like either underneath the middle or back of the quad. Very very rarely does the quad ever shift into park and actually stay there. I think this model might have Park inside the transmission. I'm not familiar at all with how the parking break system works on this model. Any suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
2,050 Posts
My 2006 wolverine 450 doesn't want to stay in park. The parking light doesn't come on when placed in park, so it appears it's not engaging the electrical circuit. Anytime I try to place it in park even on a slight grade, the quad just wants to drift away. When it does drift away, I can hear clicking from what sounds like either underneath the middle or back of the quad. Very very rarely does the quad ever shift into park and actually stay there. I think this model might have Park inside the transmission. I'm not familiar at all with how the parking break system works on this model. Any suggestions?
This sounds like linkage is out of adjustment to me, but you should know you have stumbled on to a forum unrelated to your model of Wolverine. This forum is for the 2016+ Yamaha Wolverine Side by Sides. For more specific help on this topic you may try other Yamaha ATV forums.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts