Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I went to Mena Arkansas last Friday and rode on the Wolfpen Gap trails. We had a good time getting there at daylight and riding till noon and seen very few other riders. We covered 43 miles and I was a little surprised that we only used 2 gallons of gas. I ran at varied speeds and used low range a couple of times.

We are very happy with our purchase so far and plan on going back to Mena next Wednesday. We hav a trip to Red River New Mexico planned for the week of Labor Day and I am wanting to put a few miles on it before then.

I have added a Super ATV flip windshield and mirrors so far but have a winch and fog lights on the way. Looking forward to more rides.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Great looking machine! Please let me know how you like the your flip up windshield.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
blast,
So for it's has been great. We started off in the morning with it down but as it warmed up in the day we went from partially open to full open. I was afraid it may be dusty with the windshield down but we were by ourselves and dust was not bad. More time will tell.

Also very easy install. I watched the youtube video and did it by myself taking my time in about 45 minutes.

Reactions: blast and atkbike

·
Registered
326 Posts
Thanks, I have on the bubble whether or not to try them, wondering if they rattle a lot.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had no rattles but I set it up where it is tight against the foam contact strip when in the locked down position. Also quite is the other positions also. Although my wife tells me I can't hear anything, but I asked her and she said she didn't hear any rattles.

Reactions: blast

·
Registered
754 Posts
I would add a rear wind screen/shield. Other wise if your on dusty trails with your windshield down it will all be in your cab.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would add a rear wind screen/shield. Other wise if your on dusty trails with your windshield down it will all be in your cab.
Thanks for the recommendation, I had wondered about that. The day we rode there had been a light rain the day before so we had no problem then.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts