Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Wolverine is my 12th side by side and its the best turn key UTV available now. The stock tires are acceptable but if you go stupid fast in the rocks you will get flats and damaged tires. The Wolverine does everything well except keeping up with the $17,000 to $25,000 Sport Models at speeds above 45 mph. At speeds under 45 it runs with the sport models. The suspension is amazing for a non sport model and Yamaha did a great job with the power steering. Most UTV's need improvements if your going to keep it for more then 3,000 miles. With over 63,000 miles in side by sides since December 2004 and doing all my own repair and maintenance I can tell you Polaris is by far the worst. Arctic Cat and Can-Am also have major problems. The new 2016 models from Yamaha, Honda, and Kawasaki should set new standards in design and quality. The Wolverine is fairly easy to work on. The bed comes off in about 15 minutes. The side by sides are just So Much Fun, you can go from rock crawling to rally car driver.

Attachments

·
Registered
347 Posts
Glad to hear, after riding every size available of RZR's and being around them since 2008, I can honestly say they are overpriced for the quality. Recently riding a 1000XP and it was impressive, just not $20,000 impressive, and only good for high speeds or racing, not for the tight quarters and long distance riding that we do here.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes I also remove the side panels plus the left rear wheel for belt drive maintenance or inspection. It still only takes about 15 minutes.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Not a surprise at all that the Wolverine is well built. How does it compare to your RZR 900 suspension wise? I know travel is not the end all be all that these stat chasers are so obsessed with that's why I'm asking for your first hand opinion.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts