Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000 LE

Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000
Congrats! Very nice. Let the wrenching begin!

Reactions: POHLHAMMER

Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000 LE
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Installed the factory Glass Windshield.
Directions stink , but it's not too bad of a project.
Rock sliders next..

Attachments

Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000 LE
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
First Mile on it..

And off the lake we were.. lol.
6掳f outside , and no helmet made for cold skin. We made a rip around the lake in low and that was good. First impressions are its going to be fun ! literally the first time I even drove a SXS.
Gonna bundle up better , and give it another run later.

Attachments

Premium Member
I like those sliders.
Wish the X2/X4's had that frame kicker in the back.

Reactions: POHLHAMMER

Premium Member
Yep, I got'm.
Just wish they made a kicker out of them.
Go easy with the pressure washer. If they are like mine, they are painted flat grey and have lots of metallic in the clear coat.
They can take a beating for sure, but if you get to close with the pressure washer the clear coat will start to flake off where it may have impacted.

Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000 LE
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ordered YAMAHA glass rear window (Have by end April).
Also purchased the overhead speakers to add to factory Stereo. Hopefully I'll get them installed soon.
Anyone else running all 4 speakers ? Can't remember there being a balance option on the head unit..馃

Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000 LE
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Rear speakers in. Definitely brings the stereo to next level. Pretty sweet YAMAHA has the plug right under seat for easy installation.

Attachments

Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000 LE
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Gotta LOL @ first time you drove (bought) a SXS, it's a ~$26K monster. :) (y)
Started riding dirt bikes at age 5. Had/Have street bikes , dirt bikes, 3 wheelers , and 5 Grizzlys.. Not to mention many others.

I always called SXS's Granny machines (my mom drives a X4 , and a Rzr before that).. lol

Here I am , 3 sons and over that hill.. So many years riding quads and bikes , I am looking forward to relaxing in passenger seat letting my wife drive us all down the trail.. I will enjoy a beverage (or 2)..
CHEERS 馃嵒!

Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000 LE
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Another rip on the lake , 23掳f , like a heat wave !
Loads of fun. My oldest son sitting in drivers seat begging to drive it.

Attachments

Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000 LE
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ordered block of plates , and door pockets from my neighbors over in Janesville Wisconsin. Looks like a easy spend 99$

Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000 LE
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Picking up the Sub for stereo tonight , and ordered a 5 pack of YAMAHA accessory leads. I know you guys figured out how to make them cheaper , but 9$ a pc ain't too bad and I'd rather take the easy route.

Anyone who has installed sub tell me if you have to run wires to hood area ? or are they plug and play like the extra speaker pods ?Thanks !

Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000 LE
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Well definitely the hardest item I installed yet.. But man does it bring the biggest grin ! I can't believe this is a oem SXS stereo , lol. Sounds incredible, and worth EVERY penny !

I used liquid tape where wires went in.. Didn't look waterproof enough to me. Finish putting it back together tomorrow.

Attachments

Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000
Well definitely the hardest item I installed yet.. But man does it bring the biggest grin ! I can't believe this is a oem SXS stereo , lol. Sounds incredible, and worth EVERY penny !

I used liquid tape where wires went in.. Didn't look waterproof enough to me. Finish putting it back together tomorrow.
Is that going to have to be removed to service or mod the clutch?

Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000 LE
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Is that going to have to be removed to service or mod the clutch?
It looks highly likely 馃槙... But damn it sounds so good , let's just hope 10 years comes to fruition. Never changed a belt on any of the 5 Grizzly's I've run. 馃

Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000 LE
1 - 20 of 83 Posts