Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

PA, OH, WV Members: Meet & Greet?

11K views 93 replies 19 participants last post by  Mad Dog_037 
#1 ·
Seems a decent amount of us are in this area. You guys want to set up a meet and greet and ride someday? I’m in western PA and travel to WV quite frequently to ride.

#2 ·
This sounds like a great Idea. I ride in southern WV. Have you been to Matewan?

#5 ·
I’m hopefully heading down in WV in March, then again for Mother’s Day, and I want to get two more rides in before 2021.

There’s only two times that won’t work for me in Aug. 13-17 and Sept. over Labor Day.

Reactions: atkbike
#19 ·
My group usually every year goes to HMT the weekend before or the weekend after trail fest in October.

Have trailer and wife.......will travel!

#6 ·
Seems a decent amount of us are in this area. You guys want to set up a meet and greet and ride someday? I’m in western PA and travel to WV quite frequently to ride.
This sounds like a great Idea. I ride in southern WV. Have you been to Matewan?
I’ve ridden all of the southern Hatfield trails, but don’t think we ever stopped at Matewan.

#8 ·
Honestly, Marienville was pretty boring. We rode the whole system in no time. Unless of course...you know all the trails up there and are not referring to the lame state trails.

#9 ·
True, I usually hit the ridgeline all the way from the rocket John trailhead. Don’t know the other trails that I’m sure the locals use, but in my opinion it’s better that mines and meadows just for the simple fact that you can ride at night. Plus the camping/party aspect.

Reactions: Mad Dog_037
#11 ·
Really?! I go to Parker to ride all the time. West Monterey, railroad bed down to the Parker bridge, the waterfall. Before and after the loggers put the road and bridge in.

#14 ·
Well, I got a trip booked down to WV March 19-22. Probably going to be a muddy ride, but better than dust!

As of right now it’s just me and two other buddies. If anyone else wants to book that weekend we can meet up. We’re staying at Crumpler Mountain Resort in Crumpler.

Hoping to mainly ride Outlaws all weekend. Might jaunt down to Bramwell to hit up the corner store for some of that awesome food they cook.

#26 ·
Flesh E, Crumpler Mtn Resort is just a few miles from my place. I will prob be riding that weekend. We do mostly outlaw trails. Ck out Bob T’s gps maps.

#18 ·
Sounds good to me, I'm just south of the Burgh, I ride HMT, & Mountain Ridge.
Haven't had the chance to hit any other trails except for around the Yough Lake area.

#20 ·
Mad dog, if you're ever interested in seeing some other local trails I'm only about 40 mins from you or so. We have a huge ash dump and 40-50 mi of trails down this way. Ride every weekend rain or shine.

#21 ·
Jhr where about you located ?

#23 ·
Jhr, I have a place at the Yough lake, I know exactly where you're at.

#24 ·
Yeah I guess you would if you go up the lake haha gotta come right past me pretty much. It's really nice up there. Used to be years ago you could ride from here almost to yough lake. You could get all the way up to chalk Hill and near ohiopyle. Most of those trails are long closed though. We have a few nice loops where you can spend a whole day around here, and if you get bored with that there's plenty of younger guys to watch do crazy stuff on the ash dump. If you're ever coming through this way shoot me a PM. Got a decent group of guys that ride every weekend all year long

#25 ·
I'm going to take you up on that, may bring a friend (he has a general ) with me as well.
Last year I circumnavigated the lake a few times, we ride a good bit up and around that area of the lake and it seems with each year we get more and more adventurous without trespassing.

#27 ·
I’ve stayed at Crumpler Mountain and enjoyed it. The last time I did Rider’s Paradise which is down low at the trail entrance. I’m interested in meeting and riding with you guys in March, hope it works out for me.

#28 · (Edited)
Reference this thread: Tablet for GPS Nav

Flesh Eater what did you do for the Bob T maps on a tablet? I need to do one.

#30 ·
Paul, I sent you a pm about meeting at Ashland store. Where will you be staying? We could meet at Crump Mtn Resort as an option.

#33 ·
I don’t mind

I got the PM, Doc T.

Crumpler Mountain only has big cabins for 6-8 people. I have not reserved it yet, but thinking of staying at the Ashland Resort. I haven't stayed there before.
http://www.atvresort.com/Hatfield-McCoy-Trail-Rentals/14/1-Room-Cabin

I should be able to meet you at the Ashland Store on Friday morning. I will be able to ride on Friday & Saturday, March 20-21.

CPAGE75, hope to see you there.
Crumpler cabins are small, but the owners Shana and Chris are awesome.

Reactions: Doc T
#32 · (Edited)
I got the PM, Doc T.

Crumpler Mountain only has big cabins for 6-8 people. I have not reserved it yet, but thinking of staying at the Ashland Resort. I haven't stayed there before.
http://www.atvresort.com/Hatfield-McCoy-Trail-Rentals/14/1-Room-Cabin

I should be able to meet you at the Ashland Store on Friday morning. I will be able to ride on Friday & Saturday, March 20-21.

CPAGE75, hope to see you there.

#35 ·
March is a bad time for me, it's outage season.
I'm taking off July & Aug, so if you guys plan another run around then, I'm down.

I don't think you have to wear helmets on the Outlaw system and you're allowed adult beverages IIRC

Reactions: Paul65
#36 ·
We wear helmets but don’t have too on outlaw trails. We leave the adult beverages until after the riding.

Reactions: atkbike
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.