Trailer to Haul Wolverine - Page 5
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Wolverine Forum

Trailer to Haul Wolverine

This is a discussion on Trailer to Haul Wolverine within the Wolverine General Discussion forums, part of the Yamaha Wolverine Gen 1 708 cc SxS category; Originally Posted by Jraoffroad Looks good. One of these days I'll get to finish mine. It's been a rough few months. Easter was a year ...

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Trailer to Haul Wolverine

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    355 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jraoffroad View Post
    Looks good. One of these days I'll get to finish mine. It's been a rough few months. Easter was a year since I ordered my enclosed and I've only pulled it from the dealer to my house.
    I’m grounded now until restrictions are lifted in our area. Already had to cancel one side by side trip. Hopefully things will change soon.
    2019 Yamaha Wolverine X2 R-Spec
    full windshield
    soft rear window
    3,500 lb. Yamaha Provantage Warn winch
    rear brush guard
    27” Bearclaw HTR’s
    2019 enclosed Legend V-nose deluxe trailer

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    81 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolverinegramps View Post
    I’m grounded now until restrictions are lifted in our area. Already had to cancel one side by side trip. Hopefully things will change soon.
    That sucks man.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2018 Wolverine X4 SE - Stock

4500# Champion Winch (Synthetic)
    SuperATV Flip Windshield

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    811 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Godti View Post
    Thats why my wife refused for me to get a toy hauler, the smell! Doesnt bother me though, two stroke is one of my favorite smells!! brap brap!
    Yeah, like Vinegar on Fries. LOL
    Godti likes this.
    2017 Wolverine RSPec SE
    Belleville, Ont. Canada
    >6000 km and going June 22nd, 2020
    [COLOR="#0000CD"]BearClaw HTR 27 inch tires (threads look excellent w/5000km on them now)
    Half windshield
    Roof
    Aluminum Under armor
    Yamaha Warn 3500lb Winch & Synthetic rope
    LED Headlights, Yellow Light Bar
    Backup Lights & interior overhead added
    /COLOR]

4. Remove Advertisements
    WolverineForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    524 times
    Name:  Trailer.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  563.3 KB

I traded a 6x12 enclosed V-nose and $600 for this one. My buddy bought this one to move and once he was finished moving planned on selling it and getting something big enough to haul his motorcycle. It was a good trade for both of us.

It's 18' with a 2' nose so it will hold two side by sides, just barely. Its 7' wide inside. It's got an 84" opening on the rear door. To handle the breakover its also dovetailed inside. I hate hate hate the gas mileage at 60-70 mph but love the security of having the machine out of site. No worries stopping at a hotel overnight. If its raining or snowing I'm unloading out of the elements. I have slept in it, leaving the machine outside in camp. It has brakes on both axles. It's a really nice trailer, too big for everyday use but the trailer I had wouldn't even hold the Wolverine. The two wireless cameras enable me to see right behind and also far behind it. I highly recommend a rear camera, even on a small trailer.
    2019 X2 R-Spec new 8/9/2019
    OEM winch, windshield, soft cab, rock sliders, rear flares. Custom front bumper, Richochet A-Arm guards, Front & Rear LED pod lights. Paul65’s thread, Backup Camera, Tablet for GPS Navigation, Parking Brake. Seizmik Vents & mirrors, SuperATV half windshield and full rear, NOAM NUTV-5S sound system, Sway bars deleted. 27” Kenda Bear Claw HTR’s, Hunterworks w/ 20-g, 2" cage chop, LED tape lights under the custom roof. Weller tie rods.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    355 times
    Nice trailer at a great price.
    Paul65 likes this.
    2019 Yamaha Wolverine X2 R-Spec
    full windshield
    soft rear window
    3,500 lb. Yamaha Provantage Warn winch
    rear brush guard
    27” Bearclaw HTR’s
    2019 enclosed Legend V-nose deluxe trailer

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Anybody have experience with one of these folding SXS trailers? I have limited space and need a trailer with a small footprint. Both have a 2,000lb weight capacity and my x4 comes in at 1663lb + my accessories. I spoke to a rep from Kendon. He said their trailers are good for highway speeds up to 75 mph. I haven’t spoken with anyone at TowSmart about the Endeavor trailer yet but they look to be the same trailer so I’m not sure why there’s a $2000 price difference. Thanks in advance!

https://www.kendonusa.com/collection...nt=utv-trailer

https://towsmarttrailers.com/product...vor-powersport
    gthacker3 likes this.
    2020 Alpine White X4
    OEM Sun top
    OEM Folding front windshield
    OEM Back glass
    Warn VRX 4500lb winch with synthetic rope
    Siezmik side and rear view mirrors

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    426 times
    2019 X2 R-Spec SE
    29x9.5-15 Carnivores
    15" MSA M33 Clutch Wheel 4+3
    1.5" Rear Spacers
    Hunterworks Sheave
    Weller Tune
    NGK Laser Iridium spark plugs
    Eibach 2" Lift
    Amsoil Synthetic Oils
    Charcoal Canister Delete
    Front & Rear Sway Bar Delete
    Shoulder Bolster Delete
    KFI SE35 Winch
    KFI 66" Plow
    2019 X2 Manual

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1030 times
    MatMax
    wow, interesting trailers. Big price diff between the two but I did not look deeply at the units. No experience but my observations. Seem basically the same. A couple things of concern stand out to me. I assume the fenders are axle mounted cause they are so close to the tires - verify. It depends on what kind of roads you are taking these on … as I am sure they tow well on pavement but washboard or rutted dirt roads may be challenging, not much clearance, axle range and rides low from photos. With the almost max load on that axle you will get full range of motion and that could create some hammering on the frame hinges.(???) The towing angle... you will need a drop hitch if you do not have a low receiver or it might drag the back end. You will definitely need to back on the SxS as the axle seems to be very centered. If you have never towed with such a centered load it will be a bouncy ride unless you have a heavy tow rig and HD shocks. And you will be hanging over the trailer with the length of the Wolv.
    MattimusMaximus likes this.
    2016 Wolverine R-spec EPS- Black , JBS CVT grind, 16 gr OD, Purple, slugs, JBS rad guards, Autometer Temp Gauge, Alba Racing Reflash, SATV A-arms & DIY stick guards, Flip wshield, Auto tie rod ends, Dual batts/man switch, ALS defeat, Method 14" B-locks, YXZ wheel studs, 28" 9 & 11 BH 2.0, 4000# Moto Max winch, Yama trunk, 20" single row roof light bar, Rigid D pods on bumper, 3"rear cage lower, harness bar and 4 pt harn, JBS/Eibach springs, SPAL fan, ACM doors, Lexan moonroof, Pyle rear cam

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jimclemjr View Post
    MatMax
    wow, interesting trailers. Big price diff between the two but I did not look deeply at the units. No experience but my observations. Seem basically the same. A couple things of concern stand out to me. I assume the fenders are axle mounted cause they are so close to the tires - verify. It depends on what kind of roads you are taking these on … as I am sure they tow well on pavement but washboard or rutted dirt roads may be challenging, not much clearance, axle range and rides low from photos. With the almost max load on that axle you will get full range of motion and that could create some hammering on the frame hinges.(???) The towing angle... you will need a drop hitch if you do not have a low receiver or it might drag the back end. You will definitely need to back on the SxS as the axle seems to be very centered. If you have never towed with such a centered load it will be a bouncy ride unless you have a heavy tow rig and HD shocks. And you will be hanging over the trailer with the length of the Wolv.
    Thanks for the reply Jim! I’m new to the SXS world and the trailer purchase has stressed me way more than the x4 purchase lol! It looks like the fenders are attached to the axle from watching the videos. Maxing out the trailer is definitely a concern. I think the Kendon guy said the axles were good up to 3500lb but I’d have to confirm. The main place I ride has a gravel road entrance that’s roughly 2 miles long but pretty well maintained. I’m not sure of the usual ground clearance on a trailer. The Kendon one has an 14 inch deck height while the tow-smart one has an 18 inch deck height. Ground clearance is around 9 inches I believe. I’d be towing with my 2014 F150 FX4 crew cab and I have a drop hitch but may need one with more of a drop for this type trailer to get it level. I have to find out where I can lay eyes on this trailer as I’m not sold on it. I would definitely back it on the trailer to get the weight more forward and then the overhang would also be on the front.
    2020 Alpine White X4
    OEM Sun top
    OEM Folding front windshield
    OEM Back glass
    Warn VRX 4500lb winch with synthetic rope
    Siezmik side and rear view mirrors

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    993 times
    Unless there is no other option I think I would pass on those. I have no experience with those trailers but I've seen other folding trailers and they all looked pretty sketchy. Remember there are no standards that a trailer is built to. As long as no single part is overloaded (coupler, tires or axle) you can build a trailer out of anything and rate it for whatever you want.

We used to use "T" trailers for rail buggies 20 some years ago. I'm not sure why they haven't came back for SXS's. They would work fine, are light, tow great and you can park your truck over them or stand up for storage.
    Good judgment comes from experience, most of which comes from bad judgement

2016 R spec Black
    Superwinch Terra 45
    27x9r12 Bearclaw HTR's on STI HD beadlocks
    Bunch of LED lights
    Hunterworks PCV
    AIS delete
    DIY exhaust tip
    JBS Eibach spring kit
    2" Perfex Lift
    Sway Bar Delete
    Hunterworks greaseless sheave