Sound Proofing my RSpec
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Wolverine Forum

Sound Proofing my RSpec

This is a discussion on Sound Proofing my RSpec within the Wolverine General Discussion forums, part of the Yamaha Wolverine Gen 1 708 cc SxS category; Since this is my first exp w a side by side, I was amazed at how noisy they are when riding. Wife and I could ...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Sound Proofing my RSpec

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    102 times

Sound Proofing my RSpec

Since this is my first exp w a side by side, I was amazed at how noisy they are when riding. Wife and I could barely hear each other fr the engine noise. So I got thinking and came up w this idea. $25 roll of soft flooring cushion ( cant remember the name). Similar to the stuff you lay on the garage floor at ur bench.

Stripped out all seats and side panel, lifted the back rubber curtain, and filled inside the arm rest and inside the cab where the armrest sits. I was joping for asmall improvement...but I got waaaay better results than expected. Really please with the noise reduction. Water resistant too. Used buytl tape to secure.

Hopefully pics turn out....stand by
    TimberWoof likes this.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    422 times
    I keep thinking about doing something like that to the roof too. Like on my tractor the roof would reflect all the sound right back at me. I put rubber matting on the roof and the tractor is much quieter.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    102 times
    Name:  20150919_120939.jpg
Views: 2779
Size:  2.95 MBName:  20150919_120917.jpg
Views: 2608
Size:  3.42 MBName:  20150919_120851.jpg
Views: 3146
Size:  3.61 MBName:  20150919_120815.jpg
Views: 2889
Size:  3.80 MBName:  20150919_120752.jpg
Views: 2645
Size:  3.55 MB
    Deeyoh likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WolverineForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    102 times
    And upsidedown again....

Can anyone shed some light as to why my attachments are uploading upsidedown?

I'm using my cell to take the pics, and uploading them using the attachment icon on the sight. Maybe I should just start using photobucket. Shouldn't have to though.
    Last edited by mp5; 09-19-2015 at 06:21 PM.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    143 times
    I have had nothing but trouble try to get my album posted. Epic wolverine told me exactly how to do it and he was correct. I got the photos in the album and next day they weren't there anymore what the hell? But it's no suprise my computer fights me as well when it comes to my go pro videos .

Turbo
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    215 times
    I wonder if automotive sound proofing mat would work. Back in the car audio days it was calle dynamat and sound bread

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    337 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mp5 View Post
    And upsidedown again....��

Can anyone shed some light as to why my attachments are uploading upsidedown?

I'm using my cell to take the pics, and uploading them using the attachment icon on the sight. Maybe I should just start using photobucket. Shouldn't have to though.
    I think it depends on what device you are viewing the post on. I've seen plenty of upside down pics when readin on a computer, but they're all good when I'm on my iPad.
    2016 Steel Blue Wolverine R Spec
    27" Blackwater Evolutions 14" STI HD3 wheels
    Warn ProVantage 3500 winch
    Yamaha overfenders and windshield
    EMP Rear windshield
    EMP Front and Rear Bumpers
    EMP A Arm guards and front skid
    SSV Works Overhead Audio

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    98 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mp5 View Post
    Since this is my first exp w a side by side, I was amazed at how noisy they are when riding. Wife and I could barely hear each other fr the engine noise. So I got thinking and came up w this idea. $25 roll of soft flooring cushion ( cant remember the name). Similar to the stuff you lay on the garage floor at ur bench.

Stripped out all seats and side panel, lifted the back rubber curtain, and filled inside the arm rest and inside the cab where the armrest sits. I was joping for asmall improvement...but I got waaaay better results than expected. Really please with the noise reduction. Water resistant too. Used buytl tape to secure.

Hopefully pics turn out....stand by
    Very innovative idea. Really impressive. You wouldn't happen to have before and after sound clips from inside the cab would you?

There is sound dampening carpet in the wheel wells of my Sierra, I wonder if I can buy that stuff or the sound mat that TRev was talking about.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    102 times
    I dont have any actual sound clips of b4 and after. But I can certainly hear a huge diff when idling, driving asphalt, and trails. We can speak normally to each other now...or maybe a bit above normal depending on speeds, but it was a massive gain for $25 and an afternoon with scissors and butyl tape. I looked at the dynamat option that TRev spoke about, but it was crazy expensive. Plus this matting I bought is water proof and easily cleaned.

Im going to do the inside of my roof aswell. Deeyoh mentioned that idea w his tractor. Since I have the Defender full enclosure, I want it as quiet as I can when two of us are in it.....or just me as I like to talk to myself....lol

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    98 times
    Where can I get a roll of that stuff? Is it spongy and does it retain water? I would be worried about it corroding any metal it touched if it held water. Does it reduce the CVT whining?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links