Frankencooler air conditioner
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Wolverine Forum

This is a discussion on Frankencooler air conditioner within the Wolverine General Discussion forums, part of the Yamaha Wolverine Gen 1 708 cc SxS category; Iíve been researching ways to cool my X2 with full cab this summer. I came across this innovative solution and I think Iím going build ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By tc2000
  • 1 Post By tc2000

Thread: Frankencooler air conditioner

Spectator
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Iíve been researching ways to cool my X2 with full cab this summer.

I came across this innovative solution and I think Iím going build my own with their components unless someone has experience with it that was unfavorable.

From the Frankencooler.com site:

Forget about dumb DYI coolers with fans blowing on ice or blowing air through plastic tubes - this is a real air conditioner utilizing ice water in place of gaseous freon. Built and proven by Arizona Cardinals tailgaters.

The patent-pending Frankencooler design features:
    - 3 heat exchangers
    - 2 blowers producing 460 CFM of airflow
    - Digital stepless motor controller
    Marine quality pump
    - Segregated, insulated ice storage
    - 18V Ryobi, 12V hybrid lithium power cell, or 12V power plug power.

For plans and more information, visit http://frankencooler.com
    Piston Yamaha likes this.

Spectator
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I forgot to mention that the company recommended I go with the large cooler placed in the bed of the X2, and route the 2 vents through a custom panel that i fabricate to fit in the rear window opening.
    Piston Yamaha likes this.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    432 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tc2000 View Post
    I forgot to mention that the company recommended I go with the large cooler placed in the bed of the X2, and route the 2 vents through a custom panel that i fabricate to fit in the rear window opening.
    I'm very interested to see your results!
    Wolverine X2 R-Spec SE
    Alba Racing ECU, 27" Big Horn 2s, SuperATV Flip Windshield, Yamaha Soft Cab, Yamaha Cargo Box, Kolpin 3500# winch w/ synthetic rope, KFI winch mount, UPI Inferno Heater, JBL PRV-175 stereo, Polk 6.5 speakers, Garmin Drive 60 with VV Mapping. Lots of other little things.

Sponsored Links