Update to mileage post
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Wolverine Forum

Update to mileage post

This is a discussion on Update to mileage post within the Wolverine General Discussion forums, part of the Yamaha Wolverine Gen 1 708 cc SxS category; We had a thread that died last year with mileage, be interesting to revisit and get an update as to how people are doing, where ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Update to mileage post

Pavement Princess
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times

Update to mileage post

We had a thread that died last year with mileage, be interesting to revisit and get an update as to how people are doing, where they are mileage wise now and any major repairs you needed to get you there.

I’m really interested to see if any of you high mileage folks from last year are still beating those rigs down the trails.

As an update I’m at 1200 miles (1900km) on my 16 RSpec, as was the case last year still just fluids and floorboards.

Here’s a link to the original list:

https://www.wolverineforums.com/foru...wolverine.html

Frisky
    2016 RSpec
    14” Bighorns, ITP SS212

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    447 times
    4900 miles on my 2016. I bought it in March of 2017 new. My only disappointment is the oil consumption issue that is going to get fixed this winter, weather Yamaha takes responsibility for it or not.

It has never missed a lick and still feels as tight as it did day one. I’ve had various rattles along the way that I’ve found and fixed. The tie rod ends have been changed as they were loose and rattling, the knuckle bushings were changed as they were getting play in them. These were done at around 4500 miles. I started leaking fluid out my rear dust seal around 300 miles ago as my drive shaft coupling nut has become loose. When I’m done using it for hunting I’ll take care of that. All parts are ready and waiting.
    I’ve changed 2 axle boots and had one axle start popping and installed a heavy duty one. It began making noise after 750 miles so I dissembled the original and put it back together and re-installed it and it’s still going, so all original axles at this point.
    Given the fact that I mostly bounce around in boulders I think it truly has been a durable machine and even though it’s an oil consumer it runs fantastic!

Edit: Also replaced rear brakes once!
    Last edited by Budro2; 10-18-2019 at 11:43 AM.
    2016 R SPEC SE
    EMP front and rear bumpers
    Viper Elite 4000 winch
    Super ATV flip up windshield
    Sway bar delete
    Tusk visor
    Fabricated quick detach headache rack w/ optional storage rack
    Hunterworks sheeve, 16gr weights, green spring, slippery washers,modified CVT cover, 1mm shim, slug kit, exhaust tip w/ stock baffle mod, pcv, ais block off plate
    28x10x14 CST Clinchers, 14x7 STI HD3 black gloss wheels, 1” rear spacers
    Trucker mud flap mod
    2" Gorilla lift
    Seizmik strike mirrors

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    343 times
    About 1900 miles here, zero issues and has done all I asked of it, fluids and floor boards as usual, new floorboards broke again in a week even after loosening the bolts, screw it, it's an extra drain hole.

This machine has gone up, down, over or across anything I had the nuts to do with it. More travel, more speed would be good. In a 64" with 18-20" travel with a little more motor would be a perfect machine
    2017 Wolverine R-Spec EPS, Alpine white

Super ATV full flip windshield~Yamaha soft doors & Rear window~KFI 3000# winch & mount~Overhead gun rack~Tablet GPS
    Apeman video cam~Rear bench seat and integrated storage box~Monster Nomad blue tooth speaker~Perfex 2" lift
    Yamaha padding kit~Accessory bar~Overfenders~Sedona Ripsaw R/T 28x10R14 tires on Storm beadlock wheels ~Chupacabra side mirrors~AIS block off~X4 SE red, black, grey seats~X4 SE steering wheel~Traveller LED's

4. Remove Advertisements
    WolverineForums.com
    Advertisements

Couch Potato
    Member #
    Member #
    I have 3500 miles on a 2016 R-Spec. The exhaust header pipe has broken twice which is pissing me off right now. The bearings and brakes don't last as long as I'd like. I've broken the same axle twice. I have gone through several tie rods and tie rod ends. I'll take the blame on those though.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    I have 2017 r-spec SE with 13000km and no major repairs as of yet but I do a bad vibration now when I first start driving it. After a few min it seems go away. Not sure what it is yet

Pavement Princess
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Nice! That’s some decent running. You maintain her yourself or dealer maintained?

Frisky
    2016 RSpec
    14” Bighorns, ITP SS212

Wholigan
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    353 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Cor108 View Post
    I have 2017 r-spec SE with 13000km and no major repairs as of yet but I do a bad vibration now when I first start driving it. After a few min it seems go away. Not sure what it is yet
    Oh Wow, thirteen Thousand Km is excellent. I hope to get their one day but not to soon. I want many years of of this and coming to my first years end this Dec at 3000 km.

Its hard to know what might be off on these with so many noises and varies at speeds etc.
    2017 Wolverine RSPec SE
    Belleville, Ont. Canada

BearClaw HTR 27 inch tires
    Half windshield
    Roof
    Aluminum Under armor
    Yamaha Warn 3500lb Winch & Synthetic rope
    LED Headlights, Yellow Light Bar

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    I bought it used last November with 6800km on it. Put 6000km on myself in the last year. I have done
    One axel(rear) a couple axel boots back passenger wheel barring(twice) first replacement was All Balls wheel barring kit. They are junk only lasted1500km and had to change it again. Went back to OEM parts. Done the front tire ends twice for the same reason, All Balls afyer market are junk I suggest sticking to OEM. Other then oil changes and the differantial's and cleaning the air filter that's all that's been done to this rig. I love it and trust me when I say it's not easy running. I take it to the max everywear lol. And yes i do all my own work and maintenance Name:  20190504_102805_1571615953524.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  1,005.1 KBName:  20190504_102805_1571615953524.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  1,005.1 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Jimbo, Tripplec, MORSNO and 1 others like this.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1589 times
    Still looking good Cor108!
    2016 Alpine White Wolverine R-Spec SE
    27" Tusk Terrabites, 2" Gorilla lift kit, Over Fenders, Warn 3500 Winch, Folding Windshield, Rear Windscreen, Accessory Bar & Gun Mount, Front & Rear Grab Bar Bumpers, Cargo Bed Box, Rear-view Mirror, RAM GPS Mount, Battery Tender Charger, Seizmik Pursuit Mirrors, Lux-Pro Dome Light, Throttle Maxx Pedal Extension, Yamaha Aluminum Front Skid Plate, TGM Off-Road/Konstruktor Doors W/White & Gray Decals

Slow Poke
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    2019 R-Spec X2 SE 1243 miles for 6 months of riding, only issue is E brake not holding, it is still under warranty through December 31st (bought the extra 6 months) so will be taking it in for service next week. The only gripe I have is the wear on the stock Maxxis tires.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links