Battery Issues
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Wolverine Forum

Battery Issues

This is a discussion on Battery Issues within the Wolverine General Discussion forums, part of the Yamaha Wolverine Gen 1 708 cc SxS category; I have a 2017 r-spec, I can ride my wolverine all day and the charging system shows about 14 volts, when I kill it, it ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Battery Issues

Spectator
    Member #
    Member #

Battery Issues

I have a 2017 r-spec, I can ride my wolverine all day and the charging system shows about 14 volts, when I kill it, it will start right back up, but when it sits over night the battery acts like it runs down and this is the 3rd battery, I am wondering what could be running my battery down? HELP PLEASE!!!!!

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    199 times
    Try disconnecting your battery each night or befor you expect it to drain and see if that helps. If it starts up just fine. Then you have a parasitic drain. I would start checking for that drain from any assecories you have installed.
    atkbike likes this.
    2017 Wolverine R-Spec SE
    2019 Wolverine X4

2017 Super Atv - Front Window
    2017 Kolpin - Rear Window
    2017 Kolpin - Side Mirrors
    2017 Ryco - Utah Street Legal Kit
    2017 Yamaha - LED taillights with Reverse
    2019 Yamaha Windshield
    2019 Emp Side Mirrors
    2019 SuperAtv Rear Window.
    2019 Yamaha Roof
    2019 Ryco Utah Street Legal Kit

Veteran
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    289 times
    My 2016 original battery died . I think the drain is in the original electronic package. It happens when every accessory is disconnected.
    The mountains are calling and I must go. 2016 RSpec Spec Ed
    Gorilla winch, Seizmic mirrors, EMP rear shield, Rugged Radio with intercom, 20" light bar, horn plays Dixie, 2"Perfex lift, Kenda Bearclaws ,Trail Tech temp gauge, Yama rear box and bumper, Throttle Max, tow rope to pull Polaris and Canams. TGM doors and door bags, Power Commander V. TCP "Mudder"radiator,Hunterworks high output fan, Superatv split windshield, extra wide homemade flex fenders.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WolverineForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1589 times
    Do you use a Battery Tender to maintain your battery as it sits between rides? You must have an accessory draining the battery down which will eventually kill it and prevent it from holding a charge. There isn't anything stock that would drain it down overnight.
    2016 Alpine White Wolverine R-Spec SE
    27" Tusk Terrabites, 2" Gorilla lift kit, Over Fenders, Warn 3500 Winch, Folding Windshield, Rear Windscreen, Accessory Bar & Gun Mount, Front & Rear Grab Bar Bumpers, Cargo Bed Box, Rear-view Mirror, RAM GPS Mount, Battery Tender Charger, Seizmik Pursuit Mirrors, Lux-Pro Dome Light, Throttle Maxx Pedal Extension, Yamaha Aluminum Front Skid Plate, TGM Off-Road/Konstruktor Doors W/White & Gray Decals

Veteran
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    289 times
    It took a week to drain the battery.I have been using the battery tender but should not have too.
    Gorilla winch, Seizmic mirrors, EMP rear shield, Rugged Radio with intercom, 20" light bar, horn plays Dixie, 2"Perfex lift, Kenda Bearclaws ,Trail Tech temp gauge, Yama rear box and bumper, Throttle Max, tow rope to pull Polaris and Canams. TGM doors and door bags, Power Commander V. TCP "Mudder"radiator,Hunterworks high output fan, Superatv split windshield, extra wide homemade flex fenders.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    447 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc T View Post
    It took a week to drain the battery.I have been using the battery tender but should not have too.
    I would just install a battery kill/disconnect switch! It could even be installed somewhere handy within the cab.
    2016 R SPEC SE
    EMP front and rear bumpers
    Viper Elite 4000 winch
    Super ATV flip up windshield
    Sway bar delete
    Tusk visor
    Fabricated quick detach headache rack w/ optional storage rack
    Hunterworks sheeve, 16gr weights, green spring, slippery washers,modified CVT cover, 1mm shim, slug kit, exhaust tip w/ stock baffle mod, pcv, ais block off plate
    28x10x14 CST Clinchers, 14x7 STI HD3 black gloss wheels, 1” rear spacers
    Trucker mud flap mod
    2" Gorilla lift
    Seizmik strike mirrors

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    199 times
    Both my sxs's can sit all winter with no tender and still be fine in the summer on startup, even with my accessories.
    MORSNO and atkbike like this.
    2017 Wolverine R-Spec SE
    2019 Wolverine X4

2017 Super Atv - Front Window
    2017 Kolpin - Rear Window
    2017 Kolpin - Side Mirrors
    2017 Ryco - Utah Street Legal Kit
    2017 Yamaha - LED taillights with Reverse
    2019 Yamaha Windshield
    2019 Emp Side Mirrors
    2019 SuperAtv Rear Window.
    2019 Yamaha Roof
    2019 Ryco Utah Street Legal Kit

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    532 times
    tell us what kind of stereo and GPS and any other electronics are installed...…….
    2016 Wolverine R-spec EPS- Camo, , JBS CVT grind, 16 gr OD, Purple, slugs, JBS mudguards, Autometer Temp Gauge, SATV A-arms & DIY stick guards, Flip wshield, Auto tie rod ends, Dual batts/manual switch, ALS defeat, Method 14" B-locks, 27" 9 & 11Maxxis Vipr,4000 Moto Max winch, Yama trunk, 20" single row roof light bar, Rigid D pods on bumper, 3"rear cage lower, harness bar and 4 pt harnesses, JBS/Eibach springs, SPAL fan, ACM doors, Lexan moonroof, Pyle rear cam

Mountaineer
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    100 times
    It shouldn't be draining. Get a ohm meter with 10 amp DC amp meter and take off the positive terminal and install the ohm meter set to measure amperage in series. It will show you exactly if it is drawing and how much. Then you go to pulling fuses until you find the cause.
    Last edited by danielplace1962; 10-16-2019 at 05:56 AM.
    Greggo likes this.

Veteran
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    289 times
    Quote Originally Posted by danielplace1962 View Post
    It shouldn't be draining. Get a ohm meter with 10 amp DC amp meter and take off the positive terminal and install the ohm meter set to measure amperage in series. It will show you exactly if it is drawing and how much. Then you go to pulling fuses until you find the cause.
    This is my next step. The ohm meter shows the drain but I have not pulled fuses yet.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links