1" wheel spacers and Negative Camber - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Wolverine Forum

1" wheel spacers and Negative Camber

This is a discussion on 1" wheel spacers and Negative Camber within the Wolverine General Discussion forums, part of the Yamaha Wolverine Gen 1 708 cc SxS category; Originally Posted by Kapper Thanks for the input, I'll take some pictures of how I am aligning, straighten the tires/wheels as straight as possible, put ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: 1" wheel spacers and Negative Camber

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    487 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapper View Post
    Thanks for the input, I'll take some pictures of how I am aligning, straighten the tires/wheels as straight as possible, put 60" straight edge on the outside of each tire/Wheel,
    measure front of the tire, meausure back of the tire. I did this morning, more like 1/2" toe in. I will be able to adjust later this morning. I'll keep u up to date. Thanks for the great input!
    Tip- Make sure your straightedge is wide enough to sit on the same spots of the tire on each side so that you get an accurate measurement. You can also put a mark on straightedge at same distance from wheel centerline and measure the distance from the frame to adjust them straight. After getting them straight, check your steering wheel to see if it is aligned, then set toe-in. Oh yeh and do all this with the tires on the ground not jacked up. A piece of cardboard under tires on rough concrete helps them move when adjusting as well as rocking it a little.
    Budro2 and Scurvy like this.
    2016 Wolverine R-spec EPS- Camo, , JBS CVT grind, 16 gr OD, Purple, slugs, JBS mudguards, Autometer Temp Gauge, SATV A-arms, Flip wshield, Auto tie rod ends, Dual batts/manual switch, ALS defeat, Method 14" B-locks, 27" 9 & 11Maxxis Vipr,4000 Moto Max winch, Yama trunk, 20" single row roof light bar, Rigid D pods on bumper, 3"rear cage lower, harness bar and 4 pt harnesses, JBS/Eibach springs, SPAL fan, ACM doors, Lexan moonroof, Pyle rear cam

Supporting Member
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    614 times
    Kapper, One other thing that I forgot to mention and no one else has either. Every time you make an adjustment to your tie-rods roll the machine forward or backwards several feet (15-20 ft. is sufficient) or just drive it a short distance, otherwise you won't be getting true measurements when you remeasure. The toe-in/tires needs to go to their relaxed state without the forces of the tire's rubber being moved laterally against the ground. If you measure the toe-in, adjust, and never roll the machine, and remeasure, you may think you've adjusted the toe-in the correct amount but you will probably find that you adjusted it way to much after the tires have rolled a few feet.

This is why I mentioned in my previous post that 1/4 turn of both tie-rods changes the measured distance of the center-line of the tires about 3/16 of an inch. Very small amounts of adjusting the tie-rods causes a lot of change in the center-line measurement of the tires when your trying to achieve a measurement within 1/8 of an inch. That is why the spec. for the toe-in is a range of, if I remember correctly off the top of my head, 1/8"-3/8" of toe-in.
    Last edited by PapaSkeeta; 08-13-2019 at 09:17 AM.
    Budro2 and Tsckey like this.
    2016 R Spec EPS, Realtree, 29x9x14 & 29x11x14 Tusk Warthogs on ITP SS112
    Hunterworks Sheave, Greaseless 18 gr wts (did have 16 gr.), Purple Sec. Spring, Wet Clutch Slugs
    Painted Control/Gear Symbols, Bad Dog Side Mirrors, EMP Panoramic Rear Mirror,
    Interior Overhead LED lights, Blue Floorboard LED Lights, Custom Side Rain Curtains
    Radiator Mud Guards, Yamaha Alum. Front Diff. Guard, Perfex 2" Lift, Winch,
    Grease Fitting Modification for Lower Rear A-Arm, Koso Coolant Temp. Gauge,
    RAM Mounts for GPS & 8" Tablet, Under Seat Storage Box, Folding Windshield,
    EMP Front/ Rear Bumpers, 100W 17" LED light, 18W Rear Flood LEDs 2x
    Great Day Gun Rack, Stebel Air Horn, Adjustable Driver's Seat, Turn Signals,
    Street Legal/TN Tag

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    74 times
    I pulled the fronts in a full turn and a quarter. Made up about 3/4" I rolled back and forth, and have about 1/16" toe in. LOL.
    I'll take out for a ride this evening. Thanks for all. Hope that takes care of it, and didn't ruin any bearings cause of this.
    atkbike likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WolverineForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    74 times

Dead on same measurements

Name:  DA6E6729-611F-42CF-A1B8-F7A2CB2140C7.jpeg
Views: 16
Size:  1.13 MBName:  FC64A15A-E745-480F-84CA-F00F2E02F11C.jpeg
Views: 16
Size:  1.25 MBName:  A678217C-86F2-4F91-8FCB-6F8A5616A4AC.jpeg
Views: 14
Size:  1.91 MB[attach=config]77208[/attach
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    jimclemjr and MORSNO like this.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1519 times
    Kapper, if your wondering why your pics are upside down, you took them that way. You need to have the bottom of your phone (home button on iPhone) to the right side for an upright rectangular pic (held horizontally). If you phone is held vertically (normal phone use) your pics will be sideways on a computer, held with bottom to the left your pics will be upside down. I hope 100's read this post!
    kdt1970 likes this.
    2016 Alpine White Wolverine R-Spec SE
    27" Tusk Terrabites, 2" Gorilla lift kit, Over Fenders, Warn 3500 Winch, Folding Windshield, Rear Windscreen, Accessory Bar & Gun Mount, Front & Rear Grab Bar Bumpers, Cargo Bed Box, Rear-view Mirror, RAM GPS Mount, Battery Tender Charger, Seizmik Pursuit Mirrors, Lux-Pro Dome Light, Throttle Maxx Pedal Extension, Yamaha Aluminum Front Skid Plate, TGM Off-Road/Konstruktor Doors W/White & Gray Decals

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    74 times
    I do thank you, cause that pisses me off when that happens!
    MORSNO likes this.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1519 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapper View Post
    I do thank you, cause that pisses me off when that happens!
    Frustrating, I know.
    2016 Alpine White Wolverine R-Spec SE
    27" Tusk Terrabites, 2" Gorilla lift kit, Over Fenders, Warn 3500 Winch, Folding Windshield, Rear Windscreen, Accessory Bar & Gun Mount, Front & Rear Grab Bar Bumpers, Cargo Bed Box, Rear-view Mirror, RAM GPS Mount, Battery Tender Charger, Seizmik Pursuit Mirrors, Lux-Pro Dome Light, Throttle Maxx Pedal Extension, Yamaha Aluminum Front Skid Plate, TGM Off-Road/Konstruktor Doors W/White & Gray Decals

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links