PC-V install tips? - Page 5
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Wolverine Forum

PC-V install tips?

This is a discussion on PC-V install tips? within the Wolverine General Discussion forums, part of the Yamaha Wolverine Gen 1 708 cc SxS category; Originally Posted by Budro2 According to what mine does, yours is operating normal! Green light stays on! Yeah I figured it was normal, why else ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: PC-V install tips?

Pit Stop
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Budro2 View Post
    According to what mine does, yours is operating normal!
    Green light stays on!
    Yeah I figured it was normal, why else would it have a GREEN LIGHT that says "power" right next to it if it wasn't meant to indicate "unit is powered on and operating normally" (hence the green light).

Pit Stop
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    So we just put 90 miles on the Wolverine this past weekend, a real test for the PC-V, and I'm happy to report the machine and the unit performed without issue. One concern though is that it gets really hot in the tunnel, especially for the PC-V unit sandwiched in-between the top of the air filter box and the botton of the center console. At several points along our ride I popped the center console out to check the heat and that little red box down there gets dang warm. I'm sure the unit is designed to be located in hot environments but damn, it gets really hot in there!! Do those of you with the PC-V have the unit mounted in the same location, and has heat ever been an issue?

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    500 times
    I have never heard of a heat issue with one
    Todd Eldridge
    Hunterworks Inc
    [email protected]
    601-771-0070

4. Remove Advertisements
    WolverineForums.com
    Advertisements

Super Charged
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    290 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ErikTheRed View Post
    So we just put 90 miles on the Wolverine this past weekend, a real test for the PC-V, and I'm happy to report the machine and the unit performed without issue. One concern though is that it gets really hot in the tunnel, especially for the PC-V unit sandwiched in-between the top of the air filter box and the botton of the center console. At several points along our ride I popped the center console out to check the heat and that little red box down there gets dang warm. I'm sure the unit is designed to be located in hot environments but damn, it gets really hot in there!! Do those of you with the PC-V have the unit mounted in the same location, and has heat ever been an issue?
    What build or model is your Wolverine?

I feel a lot of heat coming up around the gear shift and brake rubber opening on summer drives. I was wondering how hot it was getting under there myself. As per my signature i have the OEM skidplates so there isn't a lot of air getting up from the bottom. I expect Yamaha was aware of this in putting them on and the heat was ok for what was in those areas. Electrictronics are never happy when its hot or even very hot will complain at some point. They need a good heat sink to keep them functioning.
    2017 Wolverine RSPec SE
    Belleville, Ont. Canada

BigHorn 2.0 27 inch tires
    Half windshield
    Roof
    Aluminum Under armor
    Yamaha Warn 3500lb Winch & Synthetic rope

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    362 times
    If it was an issue I think it would have fried mine by now.
    It’s an SE with skid plates as well and mounted on the air cleaner box. 3500 miles on the PVC.
    Last edited by Budro2; 07-30-2019 at 07:32 AM.
    2016 R SPEC SE
    EMP front and rear bumpers
    Viper Elite 4000 winch
    Super ATV flip up windshield
    Sway bar delete
    Tusk visor
    Fabricated quick detach headache rack w/ optional storage rack
    Hunterworks sheeve, 16gr weights, green spring, slippery washers,modified CVT cover, 1mm shim, slug kit, exhaust tip w/ stock baffle mod, pcv, ais block off plate
    28x10x14 CST Clinchers, 14x7 STI HD3 black gloss wheels, 1” rear spacers
    Trucker mud flap mod
    2" Gorilla lift
    Seizmik strike mirrors

Pit Stop
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripplec View Post
    What build or model is your Wolverine?

I feel a lot of heat coming up around the gear shift and brake rubber opening on summer drives. I was wondering how hot it was getting under there myself. As per my signature i have the OEM skidplates so there isn't a lot of air getting up from the bottom. I expect Yamaha was aware of this in putting them on and the heat was ok for what was in those areas. Electrictronics are never happy when its hot or even very hot will complain at some point. They need a good heat sink to keep them functioning.
    Mine is a 2017 Wolverine EPS, with full factory skid plates underneath. Yes we do feel considerable heat coming from around the shift lever and e-brake handle while riding. When I pull the console and feel around in there, its hot. Doesn't seem like the ideal location or environment for electronics but with the "short leash" of the PC-V harness, I don't really have a better location option. Its safe and secure from the rough rigors of the trail, no doubt..... but hotter than the hubs of hell.

Pit Stop
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Budro2 View Post
    If it was an issue I think it would have fried mine by now.
    It’s an SE with skid plates as well and mounted on the air cleaner box. 3500 miles on the PVC.
    Thats good to know. Especially since it'll take me about 10 years to put 3500 miles on my Wolverine. ;-)

Couch Potato
    Member #
    Member #
    what is the PV-C?

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1512 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jimele View Post
    what is the PV-C?
    He meant PCV (Power Commander V), that is what this thread is about.
    2016 Alpine White Wolverine R-Spec SE
    27" Tusk Terrabites, 2" Gorilla lift kit, Over Fenders, Warn 3500 Winch, Folding Windshield, Rear Windscreen, Accessory Bar & Gun Mount, Front & Rear Grab Bar Bumpers, Cargo Bed Box, Rear-view Mirror, RAM GPS Mount, Battery Tender Charger, Seizmik Pursuit Mirrors, Lux-Pro Dome Light, Throttle Maxx Pedal Extension, Yamaha Aluminum Front Skid Plate, TGM Off-Road/Konstruktor Doors W/White & Gray Decals

Sunday Driver
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    43 times
    Quote Originally Posted by danielplace1962 View Post
    Ok so all that is good. One final question. The 4 year YES warranty. Is Yamaha going to look at it as performance mod and reject a warranty claim ? Basically do you think it would have to be taken off to get warranty service ?

That would be a huge pain if that is the case. Just curious if anybody knows the answer to that.
    I have a Hunterworks PC-V (as well as AIS blockoff, slugged wet clutch, and machined sheave) installed on my 2017 Wolverine and just had it repaired under warranty, no questions asked.
    Granted, it was not an engine repair, but they replaced the complete final drive due to a bad input shaft seal that allowed water to enter the gearbox.
    I am told several parts were toast so they put in a claim to replaced the entire assembly, which Yamaha approved.
    2017 Yamaha WOLVERINE R-SPEC EPS SE
    (w/all the S.E. fixin's)

27x9x12/27x11x12 Bearclaw HTRs on OEM Beadlock wheels
    2" Perfex Lift
    Hunterworks PC-V, AIS delete, greaseless sheave - 16g/purple secondary, & slugged wet clutch
    Kolpin Full Tilt Windshield
    Yamaha Soft Rear Window & Cargo Bed Box
    Open Trail 31.5" LED Light Bar on roof
    2 - Auxbeam 3" pods on rear roof
    Concours dash panel
    Pro Armor harnesses
    Badland 3500 Winch on KFI mount

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Sponsored Links