Moab
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Wolverine Forum

Moab

This is a discussion on Moab within the Wolverine General Discussion forums, part of the Yamaha Wolverine Gen 1 708 cc SxS category; Hello everyone. Just want to get some advice from those who have been to Moab. Iím leaving next week to head West with the wife ...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 4 Post By noload
  • 1 Post By kdt1970
  • 1 Post By Scurvy

Thread: Moab

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    94 times

Moab

Hello everyone. Just want to get some advice from those who have been to Moab. Iím leaving next week to head West with the wife and the Wolvy. We are staying in hotels for our entire trip and would like advice on where to park to hit the Moab trails. Need advice on what trails to ride and ones to avoid the wife will NOT LIKE extreme trails and I only want to see the scenery without scaring her to death. Also any advice on where to stay near the trails would be great for those who have been. Any and all suggestions would be great we have never made a trip like this and may not ever get the time off again to make the trip again. I know itís not an ideal time to go but this is the only time I can go and we are going regardless. Thanks for any advice.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    445 times
    How many days are you going to be there?

I suggest getting at least this book, they also have data card for GPS and a larger more expensive book that covers more, but this and the data card would be a big help.
    https://funtreks.com/product/atv-trails-guide-moab-ut/

There are several motels/hotels and rv parks with cabins, check for availability.

I would definitely do Sand Flats Sand Flats Recreation Area | Grand County, UT - Official Website and get out on the slick rock, Fins and Things and Hells Revenge Trails, both of these trails have bypasses around the serious obstacles that you will see on utube, my wife hates Hells Revenge, but thats mostly because of the heights and we came out after dark through the Rubble Trouble section(that's when I got told "this thing doesn't have enough lights on it!).

Poison Spider is another must do in my opinion, its rated difficult, but it shouldnt give you any trouble (my wife likes it) and "Little Arch" is definitely worth seeing.

Seven Mile Rim (make sure to see Uranium Arch) along with Determination Towers/ Tusher Tunnels is also a favorite.
    Chicken Corners is another easy rated trail thats a fun run.
    If you go out highway 128, Onion Creek is very scenic and basically just a dirt road.

This guy does some real good videos of the area, dont get hung up on the extreme stuff, as I said a lot of these obstacle have by passes.
    The opening shot is of "Little Arch" on Poison Spider.

If you go to his channel he has several other videos of Moab stuff.

https://www.wolverineforums.com/foru...more-time.html

Oh yeah, you will have to get a Utah OHV sticker, you can get that at the 24hr Maverick Fuel/stores or at the Moab Visitor Center, which BTW is a VERY good resource for mapping and info.
    Last edited by noload; 06-12-2019 at 06:50 AM.
    2016 708 R Spec
    Hunterworks sheave 18gr rollers .75 shim, factory spring

Weekender
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    78 times
    Looks fantastic, have fun. It is on my bucket list.
    2019 X2 R-spec SE, Black, Full cab, heater, wiper, tracks, Warn 4500 wireless winch,synthetic. Sendona wheels, 5/2, Sedona rip saws 27x11xR14 , Moose plow, Furion RV back-up camera, Garmin GPS. All Glass.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WolverineForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    167 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliguy View Post
    Hello everyone. Just want to get some advice from those who have been to Moab. I’m leaving next week to head West with the wife and the Wolvy. We are staying in hotels for our entire trip and would like advice on where to park to hit the Moab trails. Need advice on what trails to ride and ones to avoid the wife will NOT LIKE extreme trails and I only want to see the scenery without scaring her to death. Also any advice on where to stay near the trails would be great for those who have been. Any and all suggestions would be great we have never made a trip like this and may not ever get the time off again to make the trip again. I know it’s not an ideal time to go but this is the only time I can go and we are going regardless. Thanks for any advice.
    A real easy fun ride is the chicken corners trail. The Catacombs are along this route and you could easily spend a good part of the day just exploring those.
    https://goo.gl/maps/FTbhe2bKXvwTZxia8
    Name:  Moab.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  292.5 KB
    Last edited by kdt1970; 06-12-2019 at 08:19 AM.
    noload likes this.
    2017 Wolverine R-Spec SE
    2019 Wolverine X4

2017 Super Atv - Front Window
    2017 Kolpin - Rear Window
    2017 Kolpin - Side Mirrors
    2017 Ryco - Utah Street Legal Kit
    2017 Yamaha - LED taillights with Reverse
    2019 Yamaha Windshield
    2019 Emp Side Mirrors
    2019 SuperAtv Rear Window.
    2019 Yamaha Roof
    2019 Ryco Utah Street Legal Kit

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    145 times
    and if your wife liked the movie Thelma and Louise you can show her where they drove off the cliff while you're out on chicken corners.
    noload likes this.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    94 times
    Quote Originally Posted by noload View Post
    How many days are you going to be there?

I suggest getting at least this book, they also have data card for GPS and a larger more expensive book that covers more, but this and the data card would be a big help.
    https://funtreks.com/product/atv-trails-guide-moab-ut/

There are several motels/hotels and rv parks with cabins, check for availability.

I would definitely do Sand Flats Sand Flats Recreation Area | Grand County, UT - Official Website and get out on the slick rock, Fins and Things and Hells Revenge Trails, both of these trails have bypasses around the serious obstacles that you will see on utube, my wife hates Hells Revenge, but thats mostly because of the heights and we came out after dark through the Rubble Trouble section(that's when I got told "this thing doesn't have enough lights on it!).

Poison Spider is another must do in my opinion, its rated difficult, but it shouldnt give you any trouble (my wife likes it) and "Little Arch" is definitely worth seeing.

Seven Mile Rim (make sure to see Uranium Arch) along with Determination Towers/ Tusher Tunnels is also a favorite.
    Chicken Corners is another easy rated trail thats a fun run.
    If you go out highway 128, Onion Creek is very scenic and basically just a dirt road.

This guy does some real good videos of the area, dont get hung up on the extreme stuff, as I said a lot of these obstacle have by passes.
    The opening shot is of "Little Arch" on Poison Spider.

If you go to his channel he has several other videos of Moab stuff.

https://www.wolverineforums.com/foru...more-time.html

Oh yeah, you will have to get a Utah OHV sticker, you can get that at the 24hr Maverick Fuel/stores or at the Moab Visitor Center, which BTW is a VERY good resource for mapping and info.
    We will be at Moab for about 3 days. Thanks for all the advice and suggestions I’m glad to hear there are bypasses. I want to get as much in as we can this is probably once in a lifetime for me and the wife. Again thanks noload and kdt1970 for your suggestions.

Sponsored Links