Mud flaps done now
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Wolverine Forum

Mud flaps done now

This is a discussion on Mud flaps done now within the Wolverine General Discussion forums, part of the Yamaha Wolverine Gen 1 708 cc SxS category; It takes me a while to get things done....it happens when you're older. There isn't a rush and I was working on my daughter SUV ...

Like Tree7Likes
  • 3 Post By Tripplec
  • 1 Post By Tripplec
  • 2 Post By MORSNO
  • 1 Post By MNDirtRider

Thread: Mud flaps done now

Super Charged
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    289 times

Mud flaps done now

It takes me a while to get things done....it happens when you're older. There isn't a rush and I was working on my daughter SUV repairing a no start which was the transmission selector switch neutral circuit combo. Its done and I got to this yesterday.

FYI This protrudes 1.5" out at the top from the existing fender guards and follow down and almost flush with the bottom ridge of the frame area. I did not want it sticking way out like ears of an elephant. It would catch too much wind and likely result in other issues. It doesn't affect narrow areas I need to squeeze through either so I can still fit through. I power washed the mud I had on it but it needs a soap wash for sure.

These are rubber flaps I bought on Amazon and 18" long. This mod covers the area below the top fender area which is recessed a lot permitting the tire debris to be flung forward in mass. I should not have been like that.

Ideas for any other enterprising people to employ.
    Attached Images Attached Images        
    erik, MNDirtRider and DirtRider612 like this.
    2017 Wolverine RSPec SE
    Belleville, Ont. Canada

BigHorn 2.0 27 inch tires
    Half windshield
    Roof
    Aluminum Under armor
    Yamaha Warn 3500lb Winch & Synthetic rope

Super Charged
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    289 times
    FYI is you're looking for a good rubber pair. These are the ones I ordered.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Planetcat likes this.
    2017 Wolverine RSPec SE
    Belleville, Ont. Canada

Half windshield
    Roof
    Aluminum Under armor

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1511 times
    Guys something to consider when mounting your rear flaps, and I learned this the hard way last year, it that if you have a water crossing that is seat deep you will flood your CVT and to get access to the drain plug you need to open that rear quarter panel which means you need to remove your rear flap. Make sure your flap is easily removable with the tools you carry!

Name:  IMG_1321.JPG
Views: 67
Size:  434.6 KB
    Last edited by MORSNO; 06-06-2019 at 07:19 PM.
    Budro2 and MassiveOverkill like this.
    2016 Alpine White Wolverine R-Spec SE
    27" Tusk Terrabites, 2" Gorilla lift kit, Over Fenders, Warn 3500 Winch, Folding Windshield, Rear Windscreen, Accessory Bar & Gun Mount, Front & Rear Grab Bar Bumpers, Cargo Bed Box, Rear-view Mirror, RAM GPS Mount, Battery Tender Charger, Seizmik Pursuit Mirrors, Lux-Pro Dome Light, Throttle Maxx Pedal Extension, Yamaha Aluminum Front Skid Plate, TGM Off-Road/Konstruktor Doors W/White & Gray Decals

4. Remove Advertisements
    WolverineForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    362 times
    Mud flap mod should only attach to the side panel itself by use of rivets etc.. then when you take out the two bolts in front of the rear tire to remove the side panel the flap stays attached to it and there is no need to wrench on it more than it was factory!
    2016 R SPEC SE
    EMP front and rear bumpers
    Viper Elite 4000 winch
    Super ATV flip up windshield
    Sway bar delete
    Tusk visor
    Fabricated quick detach headache rack w/ optional storage rack
    Hunterworks sheeve, 16gr weights, green spring, slippery washers,modified CVT cover, 1mm shim, slug kit, exhaust tip w/ stock baffle mod, pcv, ais block off plate
    28x10x14 CST Clinchers, 14x7 STI HD3 black gloss wheels, 1” rear spacers
    Trucker mud flap mod
    2" Gorilla lift
    Seizmik strike mirrors

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    40 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripplec View Post
    It takes me a while to get things done....it happens when you're older. There isn't a rush and I was working on my daughter SUV repairing a no start which was the transmission selector switch neutral circuit combo. Its done and I got to this yesterday.

FYI This protrudes 1.5" out at the top from the existing fender guards and follow down and almost flush with the bottom ridge of the frame area. I did not want it sticking way out like ears of an elephant. It would catch too much wind and likely result in other issues. It doesn't affect narrow areas I need to squeeze through either so I can still fit through. I power washed the mud I had on it but it needs a soap wash for sure.

These are rubber flaps I bought on Amazon and 18" long. This mod covers the area below the top fender area which is recessed a lot permitting the tire debris to be flung forward in mass. I should not have been like that.

Ideas for any other enterprising people to employ.
    Nice install with the factory style push pins, looks very clean! I'm probably going to do something just like this in the near future since i recently installed 1.5" wheel spacers.
    2018 Wolverine X4 SE
    OEM windshield, roof, and front A-arm guards
    SuperAtv 3500 lb winch and 1.5" wheel spacers
    28x10x12 dirt commanders all around

Super Charged
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    289 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtRider612 View Post
    Nice install with the factory style push pins, looks very clean! I'm probably going to do something just like this in the near future since i recently installed 1.5" wheel spacers.
    I used the top bolt for the flaps. I had to buy a longer on for the gas tank side as I couldn't get it started. They 6mm if needed. Yes the rest are all plugs which I had a box used for the Kingquad 7xx panels. They are fairly large plug. I don't expect all the splash will be stopped but it should make a huge improvement and especially around the gas filling area which gets mercilessly covered as well as the inside of the doors.
    2017 Wolverine RSPec SE
    Belleville, Ont. Canada

Half windshield
    Roof
    Aluminum Under armor

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    355 times
    Thanks for the details. Looks like it should help. I need to find a solution that I like... I'm not fond of the stock fender flares and need to add some mud protection. This is literally from puddle splashes over the past two days and nothing more.

Name:  IMG_7502.JPG
Views: 64
Size:  4.55 MB
    DirtRider612 likes this.
    2016 R-Spec EPS
    Superwinch Terra 4500 Synthetic
    KFI Winch Plate
    STI HD3 wheels with 27" CST Clinchers
    Super ATV Flip Windshield
    YXZ Steering Wheel
    Yamaha Rear Window
    Yamaha Accessory Mount Bar
    Sirius Pro 20" light bar
    Auxbeam a-pillar & rear work lights
    Blue Sea Fuse Block
    Rad guards
    Perfex Lift

2012 Grizzly 700 EPS

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    40 times
    I've always liked how clean I can stay in the X4. My buddy has a polaris 900S and it looks like he's been drug behind the machine rather than riding in it. I'm quick to point out how this doesn't happen on the yami! haha
    2018 Wolverine X4 SE
    OEM windshield, roof, and front A-arm guards
    SuperAtv 3500 lb winch and 1.5" wheel spacers
    28x10x12 dirt commanders all around

Super Charged
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    289 times
    I was out for a ride yesterday. Although I did my best to avoid as much wet spots as I could. Its never possible when they're out there. Splatter was essentially restricted to the rear area and into the channel in the OEM guard which over laps mine at the top. Some water and mud picked up came out and down. But the flinging forward was greatly minimized. My rear tires are still wider than the flaps. front tire can do damage as well but only in cases there the wheels are turned. I did not hit enough for any effect from the front tires. Some dirt on the top of the OEM guard since its not far enough out but that doesn't come forward against my arm, back, control of the console, or door

Please with this solution and look.
    2017 Wolverine RSPec SE
    Belleville, Ont. Canada

Half windshield
    Roof
    Aluminum Under armor

Sponsored Links