Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

anyone know what this line is for ?

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  method34 
#1 ·
I found a line that comes out the back on the passenger side just under where the oil filter is at and i'm not sure what its for. it appears to be a breather/vent/overflow line of some sort but i dont know where the other end is connected. anyone have any ideas ?

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Thats your vent tube for the final. It’s not secured well and falls down on most all of them. It’s supposed to run up the rectangular frame tube up high. Just zip tie it better. I added a short piece to mine with a coupling from the hardware store so it was long enough to stick down in the frame tube up high behind the passenger seat, insuring it won’t happen again. If left down at the skid plate it can suck up water and contaminate your diff fluid so check that too and make sure it’s not milky!

It doesn’t connect to anything!

#3 ·
also make sure it is clear and not clogged with hardened mud. and if you start pulling on it to reroute it some, make sure it does not get up against or even close to the exhaust pipe. A small little zip tie on the connection end at diff, like a hose clamp arrangement, will help make sure the end stays in place if hit by a stick or something.....

Reactions: method34
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.