Gas mileage On these!
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Wolverine Forum

Gas mileage On these!

This is a discussion on Gas mileage On these! within the Wolverine General Discussion forums, part of the Yamaha Wolverine Gen 1 708 cc SxS category; Well I did a controlled test of the vehicles capability. The trail I had driven on was not very smooth and a lot of dipps, ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Gas mileage On these!

Rocket
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    273 times

Gas mileage On these!

Well I did a controlled test of the vehicles capability. The trail I had driven on was not very smooth and a lot of dipps, holes water to deal with. Speeds around 40km/hr average I'd guess. Most areas I could not cruise above 50.
    I filled up at a Shell station to the brim and ran 100km round trip. Then today at home the trail is so much smoother with 16km to the Mobil gas station. Topped it right up, 13.79L

I use an app in my phone and based on calculation from it and my 37L gas tank I have a range of 300km which is very very good in my opinion. I still travel with spare gas even though not needed knowing this. but I have to check a few more times.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Wolverinegramps and erik like this.
    2017 Wolverine RSPec SE
    Belleville, Ont. Canada

BigHorn 2.0 27 inch tires
    Half windshield
    Roof
    Aluminum Under armor
    Yamaha Warn 3500lb Winch & Synthetic rope

Mechanic
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    78 times
    I have been trying to keep track with my X4 (using US figures). Now my figures are not as controlled as yours, but I have been getting any where from 13-16MPG. I am pretty hard on the machine, and have a few things done. If I can keep the throttle a little lighter, it will be better.
    wolvymanx4 likes this.
    2018 Yamaha Wolverine X4 SE (Matte Silver)
    -JBS Sheave and Springs, Weller ECM Flash, 14" ITP Hurricane Wheels/28"Terrabites, Lots of OEM Accessories...

Rocket
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    273 times
    If you have an Android Phone I can get you the name/info to get this app. Its a free one. I used to use a different one but had to rebuild my phone and it can't be found on Google Play anymore.
    338weatherby likes this.
    2017 Wolverine RSPec SE
    Belleville, Ont. Canada

Half windshield
    Roof
    Aluminum Under armor

4. Remove Advertisements
    WolverineForums.com
    Advertisements

Mechanic
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    78 times
    I don't have an Android phone. I am keeping a note tab on my iphone with calculations for my machines. I noticed that I had only been tracking maintenance times and usage, but now am also tracking Ave MPH, and MPG. So what I do is everytime I fill-up, I record miles, hours, gallons. Then I calculate the rest long hand (AVE MPH, FUEL RANGE, MPG, etc). It is just my way...

I haven't noticed any real change in fuel use with or without a sheave kit or after my Weller Flash. I am getting ready to change my Sheave Weights, so I am hoping that gives me a little better fuel economy. I just have to find some time to work on the darn thing.
    2018 Yamaha Wolverine X4 SE (Matte Silver)
    -JBS Sheave and Springs, Weller ECM Flash, 14" ITP Hurricane Wheels/28"Terrabites, Lots of OEM Accessories...

Rocket
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    273 times
    Ok, This one as did the old one run without permissions or data. As they should most are personal info grabbers stealing your info.

I was doing as lot of weaving and varying of speed (if speed is even the right word) dodging holes and pools of water in depressions. Some were quite deep. A smoother trail where a half decent trail speed could be better maintained would have resulting in better MPG I am sure even if my average speed was 15-20km/hr faster.
    2017 Wolverine RSPec SE
    Belleville, Ont. Canada

Half windshield
    Roof
    Aluminum Under armor

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    38 times
    I have been trying to get this nailed as well, but my results were a bit different. I was on a hard packed FSR and ran around 50 - 60km/hr. It was a 180km loop and I was packing a cargo box at about 150lbs and a passenger at around 150lbs also. I had it filled to the neck to start and added 27L of fuel at the end. I thought it was a 30L tank, not 35. It makes more sense that it is 35L as the gauge wasn't flashing yet (I assume it does the same as my old Rhino when it gets low). I thought I was only good to 200km but now I think I had more to go. I never like to get too low, but one does need to know how far you can go when the go-juice isn't available! Thanks for your post!
    2019 Wolverine X2 SE
    Yamaha Warn 3500 Provantage w/synthetic
    rope and wireless remote
    22" curved LED bar
    Stroodle Aluminum box rails
    Kolpin Stronghold rifle and chainsaw boot
    26" Maxxis BigHorn 3.0
    Hunterworks Sheave/weights
    Weller Racing flash in the works!!!
    More to come...

Rocket
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    273 times
    My manual Says 37L, more than you thought. Which is good. Bigger tank more range, not gas station on the trails nor on most main road they cross. I am alway more comfortable carrying spare gas on any recreational machine. Never hurts and the weight is nothing for the machine. You might even help a stranded rider on day. (out of gas) LOL
    2017 Wolverine RSPec SE
    Belleville, Ont. Canada

Half windshield
    Roof
    Aluminum Under armor

Rocket
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    273 times
    Ok for anyone else this is the app should you like to have it on you phone.

Cheers

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...calc.com&hl=en
    2017 Wolverine RSPec SE
    Belleville, Ont. Canada

Half windshield
    Roof
    Aluminum Under armor

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    147 times
    I get around 10mpg on my 2017 708.
    2017 Yamaha Wolverine EPS w/26" Sedona RipSaws

Rocket
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    273 times
    Seems low even with a smaller gallon. I will check further after refilling each time to see it there is a consistant trend in MPG. My setup is mostly stock as detailed in the signature below. I was told the tires were an upgrade (27"), not sure but nothing else for sure. Speedo could be off a tad but last I had the GPS connected it was pretty close. I have to remount it somehow without the suction cup which falls off an any bump. The power plug in the Garmin Nuvi makes it unable to velcro the back to the dash as well. More thinking or more beer then thinking a solution will float to the surface eventually.
    2017 Wolverine RSPec SE
    Belleville, Ont. Canada

Half windshield
    Roof
    Aluminum Under armor

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links