Gas mileage On these! - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Wolverine Forum

Gas mileage On these!

This is a discussion on Gas mileage On these! within the Wolverine General Discussion forums, part of the Yamaha Wolverine Gen 1 708 cc SxS category; Here are my numbers from a ride I did today. All easy going on backroads at a nice steady speed. I also had a passenger. ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Gas mileage On these!

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    124 times
    Name:  Screenshot_20190606-182138_Easy Mileage Calculator.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  105.0 KB

Here are my numbers from a ride I did today. All easy going on backroads at a nice steady speed. I also had a passenger. I should get around 240km to a tank. Mileage was taken from my GPS not the speedometer.
    2019 Yamaha Wolverine X2 R-Spec, full windshield, soft rear window, 3,500 lb. Yamaha Provantage Warn winch, rear brush guard, 27” Bearclaw HTR’s
    2019 enclosed Legend V-nose deluxe trailer

Super Charged
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    290 times
    Hmmm

Well I'll be doing more tests on mine. I need to be fairly certain of the expectation before going too far abroad and risking low gas situation.

I scrolled back and see you're and X2, implying a 2 cylinder engine. It will be different for sure. But I am curranty quite different. Its one big ride first since I got it. I'll put some mines on my local trail which involves going back and forth to accumulate at least 100km before a fill up.

thanks for sharing.
    2017 Wolverine RSPec SE
    Belleville, Ont. Canada

BigHorn 2.0 27 inch tires
    Half windshield
    Roof
    Aluminum Under armor
    Yamaha Warn 3500lb Winch & Synthetic rope

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    124 times
    Yes I have the 850. I’m a little disappointed with the mileage but it fairly inexpensive fun anyway. I did expect my mileage would have been a little better. Mine has over 3,000 km so it’s well broken in.
    I’ll be out in a couple of weeks for some big rides. I’ll try to record my mileage then but I think it’s fairly consistent with the numbers posted.
    It’s interesting to see the comparison between the two motors.
    Last edited by Wolverinegramps; 06-06-2019 at 06:22 PM.
    2019 Yamaha Wolverine X2 R-Spec, full windshield, soft rear window, 3,500 lb. Yamaha Provantage Warn winch, rear brush guard, 27” Bearclaw HTR’s

4. Remove Advertisements
    WolverineForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    587 times
    I've found mileage to be all over the place. Depending on how, where and what terrain I ride.
    Good judgment comes from experience, most of which comes from bad judgement

2016 R spec Black
    Superwinch Terra 45
    27x9r12 Bearclaw HTR's on STI HD beadlocks
    Bunch of LED lights
    Hunterworks PCV
    AIS delete
    DIY exhaust tip
    JBS Eibach spring kit
    2" Perfex Lift
    Sway Bar Delete
    Hunterworks greaseless sheave
    14g/.5mm shim/Purple secondary
    Slugged wet clutch
    Super ATV EZ steer power steering
    Super ATV High clearance rear A-arms
    Chopped cage

Belt Smoker
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    93 times
    if doing easy trail riding, my YXZ does better than my 850 Wolverine. Not the case if pushing hard LOL
    MassiveOverkill likes this.

Super Charged
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    290 times
    Ok I checked a moment ago since I had only 2 segments on my gauge. I was wonder how low I actually am. I put in 18.5L to fill it right up.
    Calc to 25MPG (Canadia Gal) Trails on this were much smoother and not so much big variation is speed. Although I was able to do some much faster riding which likely used more. Good never the less.
    2017 Wolverine RSPec SE
    Belleville, Ont. Canada

Half windshield
    Roof
    Aluminum Under armor

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    434 times
    I was very impressed with the milage of my X4 when it was all stock and still not disappointed at all with the 28's and clutching. Im going to try that app though. Seems pretty cool. Curious how it works. GPS??? Im sure it will change big time on the days Im in the pedal. I know though that I still get well over 100 miles on a tank and if Im riding that far out where I ride I would end up in a different town in every direction where there is a gas station to refuel way before 100 miles in almost every direction so I dont worry about gas at all in this machine.
    blast and MassiveOverkill like this.
    2018 X4 Special Edition
    STI HD7 Wheels In Radiant Red
    Gladiator ATR 28X10R14 Tires
    18g HV Weights
    UNI Two Stage Air Filter
    Suntop
    OEM Windshield
    OEM Rear Bumper With Reverse Lights Mod
    Seizmik Strike Mirrors With Red Inserts
    Super ATV Tinted Rear Window
    UTV Tek Sun Visors

Super Charged
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    290 times
    Well on our calculation (my son did some quick math on the first results, 2nd were better). It puts it over 300km to a tank and that 100km more than our Kingquad 750 ATV range. Its good to know once confirmed sufficiently that on a days outing I can get back all the way to the trailer without having to use reserved gas carried with me. I doubt I'd ever venture on a trail I'd trailer to and not ever carry a container of gas. I like the security. If someone ran out on the trail I could be their best buddy in a wink of an eye. LOL But there a no gas stations on the trail I am on and its a distance along the road shoulder to one I know of in Madoc. thats it, if I am way up I could be at least 75km away from it or more. We've always carried gas, 10L standard container in a basket I made/welded to the Kingquad. 20L fits well in the storage box on the Wolverine.

The last test is the terrain thats more the norm than the first due to water/speed variation and dodging terrain obstacles. All in all its still pretty good.
    Wolverinegramps likes this.
    2017 Wolverine RSPec SE
    Belleville, Ont. Canada

Half windshield
    Roof
    Aluminum Under armor

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    124 times
    You’re doing much better than mine. My X2 would likely have a maximum range of 250km. I rarely run over 200km in a day so I should be ok. I always carry an extra couple of gallons in my storage box anyway. My friend has a CanAm 800 Maverick. It gets incredible mileage. He always takes about 40% less fuel than me.

Super Charged
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    290 times
    I heard the CamAm are much noisier than my 708. I couldn't take more noise but interesting that they can get that sort of range (assuming the tank is the same)
    2017 Wolverine RSPec SE
    Belleville, Ont. Canada

Half windshield
    Roof
    Aluminum Under armor

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links