Did some thing stupid need help
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Wolverine Forum

This is a discussion on Did some thing stupid need help within the Wolverine General Discussion forums, part of the Yamaha Wolverine Gen 1 708 cc SxS category; I purchased a wrecked 2016 especially and I heard it run a couple weeks buy jumping it ago so I went back today to pick ...

Thread: Did some thing stupid need help

Spectator
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times

I purchased a wrecked 2016 especially and I heard it run a couple weeks buy jumping it ago so I went back today to pick it up and took my big battery charger while bsing I hooked it up backwards polarity now I don’t have nothing at all no lights anywhere ,will not crank or anything
    What Damage did I do by reverse polarity ;is there a fuse or relay that I fried or what do I start looking for I need help I don’t have a service book yet one is on order

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    309 times
    You can search this site and download the manual. I would first of all guess you fried the regulator but before I jumped to that conclusion I would install a properly charged battery in it to see what you get. If nothing check the main fuse and the ground wire to the frame to see if it melted in-two. Since the unit was wrecked there is a chance that some crucial wires are broken or grounds separated so verify those basics first. When you install the battery and hook it up the first time, install ground cable first and then before you put on positive cable use a voltmeter to see if there is any draw to alert you to a parasitic drain.
    2016 Wolverine R-spec EPS- Camo, , JBS CVT grind, 16 gr OD, Purple, slugs, JBS mudguards, Autometer Temp Gauge, OEM stickguards, Flip wshield, Auto tie rod ends, Dual batts/manual switch, ALS defeat, Method 14" B-locks, 27" 9 & 11Maxxis Vipr,4000 Moto Max winch, Yama trunk, 20" single row roof light bar, Rigid D pods on bumper, 3"rear cage lower, harness bar and 4 pt harnesses, JBS/Eibach springs

Spectator
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times

Will grab a new battery this weekend what battery is every one running in these? Almost looks like a small tractor battery but don’t know the cca of the factory battery any input

4. Remove Advertisements
    WolverineForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    131 times
    Set up a “Go Fund Me” Account and see if these fine members will help you get a 2019 modal.
    2019 Camo X2 with a bunch of junk I probably don’t need!

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    263 times
    Hey, now there's an idea!
    2017 Wolverine R-Spec EPS, Alpine white

Super ATV full flip windshield~Yamaha soft doors & Rear window~KFI 3000# winch & mount~Overhead gun rack~Tablet GPS
    Apeman video cam~Rear bench seat and integrated storage box~Monster Nomad blue tooth speaker~Perfex 2" lift
    Yamaha padding kit~Accessory bar~Overfenders~Sedona Ripsaw R/T 28x10R14 tires on Storm beadlock wheels ~Chupacabra side mirrors~AIS block off~X4 SE red, black, grey seats~X4 SE steering wheel~Traveller LED's

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1341 times
    You can download a free pdf copy of the factory service manual from the signature block of forum member Tinken.
    2016 Alpine White Wolverine R-Spec SE
    27" Tusk Terrabites, 2" Gorilla lift kit, Over Fenders, Warn 3500 Winch, Folding Windshield, Rear Windscreen, Accessory Bar & Gun Mount, Front & Rear Grab Bar Bumpers, Cargo Bed Box, Rear-view Mirror, RAM GPS Mount, Battery Tender Charger, Seizmik Pursuit Mirrors, Lux-Pro Dome Light, Throttle Maxx Pedal Extension, Yamaha Aluminum Front Skid Plate, TGM Off-Road/Konstruktor Doors W/White & Gray Decals

Sparky
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    342 times
    Try a new battery and check your fuses. I kind of doubt you wouldve fried the harness.
    2016 green R-Spec, oem folding front shield , front and rear lighting, 27x9 & 27x11 Kenda Bearclaw HTR, Warn 4500 Provantage, KFI plow set up, Custom bash plate, Hunterworks PCV and AIS blockoff, Hunterworks exhaust tip (modified with partial stock baffle)

Sunday Driver
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    61 times
    Nah, no fried harness from reverse polarity.
    But, I've heard of fried ecm's and other electronics.
    But start with the basics.
    Good luck.

Sponsored Links