What DO you like about the wolverine?
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Wolverine Forum

What DO you like about the wolverine?

This is a discussion on What DO you like about the wolverine? within the Wolverine General Discussion forums, part of the Yamaha Wolverine Gen 1 708 cc SxS category; As the title states. This is to contrast our other thread, What don't you like about the Wolverine? I will start.. Size, I don't have ...

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: What DO you like about the wolverine?

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    518 times

Talking What DO you like about the wolverine?

As the title states. This is to contrast our other thread, What don't you like about the Wolverine?

I will start..

• Size, I don't have any desire for a 50" machine. This size suits my style of trail riding perfectly.
    • Suspension, AMAZING for a trail bike. Period.
    • CVT, It's a Yamaha-Nuff Said.
    • 4WD with Diff-Lock, unfortunately some companies still don't offer this...I'm looking at you Po-Po's!
    • Power Steering, effortlessly smooth, without feeling disconnected.
    • Seats, while not adjustable, the part you sit in is way more comfortable than the likes of several other manufacturers I have tested.
    • Looks, I live the aggressive styling, and like that it doesn't look like a brick.
    • No Cab Heat!!! At All!!! Amazing!
    • Center console offers good and convenient storage.
    • Spin on oil filter!

I'm sure there are some little things I am just not thinking of right now , I will add later. Please contribute, maybe this thread and it's nemesis can become stickied, so people visiting the forum can have a good pros-cons list to make a purchasing decision.
    Last edited by FordTruckMan; 06-23-2015 at 10:30 AM.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    267 times
    Everything listed above. I like the chassis features, like full skids and the sides raised, as well as the side chassis deflectors.

PapaSkeeta and Kirk57 like this.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    LOL There are 74 posts on what you DON'T like about your Wolverine but none on this thread. Someone has to have something good to say about them after all it is a Yamaha! lol

4. Remove Advertisements
    WolverineForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    267 times
    I like it all really..

Sunday Driver
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Again I agree with all of the above. Here's a few more.
    Large gas tank for long rides
    see everything while driving
    accessories
    absolute joy to ride ALL day long
    PapaSkeeta likes this.

Supporting Member
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    564 times
    Not to get off subject, but in normal trail riding, how many miles are you getting out of a tank of gas?

Moon Shiner
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    66 times
    no complaints.. pretty good on gas... best ride (stock) on the market right now...EPS is best also ... plenty of power for me (i hear some complain about lack of... why did u buy one in the first place? go get a f#$%!ng polaris or can am and see how reliable it'll be in the long run, sure its faster, that means a quicker trip back and forth to dealer with issues) ... love my wolverine... i weighed the pros & cons BEFORE i bought it... not after...lol

Moon Shiner
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    66 times
    PapaSkeeta i never run her below half a tank, having said that, I recently got about 70 miles on half tank.
    PapaSkeeta, BigBuck and Boonedocks like this.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    422 times
    It's almost effortless to zip around some very rough trails. Spent the past weekend at Carolina Adventure World with some of the toughest trails around and had no problems at all. The large speed bump hills on the service trails were more like an excuse to gun it to get some air Smooth smooth ride. I hit some nasty stuff and kept waiting for the teeth crunch. None, nodda.. just cushion. Also, it's like riding on rails with none of that tippy feel, just connected. Words don't do it justice it has to be experienced.

The droop from the suspension with full skid plate.. Hit some large ruts.. obvious many 30+ inch tires was used to make them. This is going up hill in a turn that I bottomed out but the wheels stayed connected and pulled right along. Again, this suspension truly is one of the best out there.

The bed capacity is nice too. No worries trying to find an ice chest small enough to fit.

Don't care what anyone says.. but those seats are damn nice and comfortable. Only ones that I've seen don't like them have never sat in them.

Visibility is nice, on tight trails I could see what my tires could possibly hit and avoided.

Full locking diff.. just no other substitution for it.

Assembled in Georgia!

Not a Polaris!
    Last edited by Deeyoh; 06-23-2015 at 01:04 PM.
    BigBuck likes this.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    244 times
    Everything I have loved about Yamaha for a long time is one this machine. The best EPS IMO, the best CVT IMO, and 4x4 with Diff lock. When you use all 3 of them you are connected to the machine. Bonus's are the full length skids, awesome suspension, and awesome power (for trail riding) comfy cab, large fuel tank, and great looks. There is never going to be a perfect machine especially when you are as picky as me, but this thing is close especially for what i'll use it for. Hopefully it lives up to Yamaha's known reliability standards and it will be in my garage for a long time. I hope more accessories come out and people build them up to be some bad to the bone Wolverines. Oh and my first ATV was Yamahas Wolverine 350, so naturally this name made me want the machine more than others haha.
    BigBuck likes this.
    '16 Wolverine RSpec EPS

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links