What DO you like about the wolverine? - Page 3
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Wolverine Forum

What DO you like about the wolverine?

This is a discussion on What DO you like about the wolverine? within the Wolverine General Discussion forums, part of the Yamaha Wolverine Gen 1 708 cc SxS category; Originally Posted by Wolfie CanAms are very good machines but I fear that they are getting too complicated in their race with Polaris for the ...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: What DO you like about the wolverine?

Puddle Jumper
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    87 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    CanAms are very good machines but I fear that they are getting too complicated in their race with Polaris for the baddest machine.

Yamahas Ultramatic is fantastic.

When I ride Hatfield McCoy, most of the locals have Rhinos and they seem to be really solid. My good friend has a Rhino with over 10,000 miles. All he had done is tires and we replaced a broken wheel bearing.
    i had a rhino for 7 years and ran the crap out of that thing,all I ever did was change the oil. Hopefully the wolverine will be just as good

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    104 times
    i like where the battery is at easy easy access. All the drain plugs for differential fluid and engine oil is the same size and easily accessible..... and the stock full skid plate is where its at.
    205, Wi_Rider, Kirk57 and 1 others like this.

Mechanic
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    I LOVE THIS MACHINE!! I was very surprised at what it can go through. It has plenty of power, Never felt sluggish. I love that in 2 wheel drive the rear end likes to slide and in 4 wheel drive you have total control with hardly any slipping. Comfortable seats, virtually no cab heat, extreme visibility, and effortless steering with the EPS. My only complaint is that the rear grab bar and rear storage box got very hot from the exhaust. I mean hardly can touch hot. You could put your lunch in the storage box on a cold winter day and it would be hot and ready after a ride, or if you have more than an hour to the deer feeder. I hope your deer like popcorn lol. Anyone else noticed the same thing?
    Last edited by Tolliver; 06-26-2015 at 11:06 PM.
    SGT215 and Kirk57 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WolverineForums.com
    Advertisements

Puddle Jumper
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    87 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolliver View Post
    I LOVE THIS MACHINE!! I was very surprised at what it can go through. It has plenty of power, Never felt sluggish. I love that in 2 wheel drive the rear end likes to slide and in 4 wheel drive you have total control with hardly any slipping. Comfortable seats, virtually no cab heat, extreme visibility, and effortless steering with the EPS. My only complaint is that the rear grab bar and rear storage box got very hot from the exhaust. I mean hardly can touch hot. You could put your lunch in the storage box on a cold winter day and it would be hot and ready after a ride, or if you have more than an hour to the deer feeder. I hope your deer like popcorn lol. Anyone else noticed the same thing?
    maybe some kind of bed mat would help with that.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    63 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolliver View Post
    I too found that the rear grab bar and rear storage box got very hot.........to the point where it cooked a container of worms I had in their, as I was going fishing. I think a heat shield would be very beneficial!!
    SGT215 and Kirk57 like this.

Mechanic
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Thanks for the feed back. There is a tiny heat shield under the bed, but it apparently sucks. . A pad might help inside the box but probably need to custom fit. I don't see a solution for the grab bar getting hot.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    518 times
    Bumping to top...I thought since many of us have had more seat time now, we could revise our likes/dislikes? I am reviving both threads. maybe the mods can make them stickies so that new comers can have good info right at the top?
    Last edited by FordTruckMan; 09-21-2015 at 10:14 AM.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    143 times
    The Wolverine is my first side by side after riding lots of razors I knew the razor wasn't for me .this wolverine is like riding a Cadillac in the woods I can ride 70 80 90 miles and get out and feel great. The best thing is it's great for hauling razors out of the woods and not vice versa. I would recommend the Wolverine to anybody that's looking for a side by side I don't need a thousand CC's in the woods to go 25 miles an hour. I rode 80 miles not long ago took less than 5 gallon of gas. I find the 60 inch wheelbase great for straddling the ruts on West Virginia trails while the 50" bikes are way off camber on some trails my Wolverine feels as solid as a rock. If something happened to my Wolverine I would buy another one tomorrow. As Forrest Gump says that's all I have to say about that.
    Kirk57, EpicWolverine and Bobbed06 like this.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    83 times
    All the previous plus the fact that I still have full control of when I engage 4wd and the locker.
    Boonedocks likes this.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    104 times
    ive never owned a Yamaha before this one. if mine got stole or totaled out or whatever id go down to the Yamaha place and buy another one just like it. this thing has what I need to work on deer lease/ hunt with/ play on. I wouldn't want a different machine for the stuff I do. I was a Honda man still like there stuff but I like the wolverine over the pioneer. smoother riding, more nimble, better looking, power steering, waaayyy more storage in the cab, a bit more power, faster. that's all I can think of its a good bike and im totally satisfied with the purchase of it as it is a rather large purchase to me.
    darren1013 likes this.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links