Wish they had better colors. It's the colors Yamaha has on all of there models.
This is a discussion on 2016 Yamaha Wolverine R-Spec Specifications within the Wolverine General Discussion forums, part of the Yamaha Wolverine Gen 1 708 cc SxS category; MSRP $13,799 - Realtree Xtra - Available from April 2015 $13,199 - Hunter Green - Available from April 2015 $13,199 - Steel Blue - Available ...
- $13,799 - Realtree Xtra - Available from April 2015
- $13,199 - Hunter Green - Available from April 2015
- $13,199 - Steel Blue - Available from April 2015
- Engine Type: 708cc, 4 cycle Single, Liquid-cooled, DOHC
- Bore x Stroke: 103 mm x 85 mm
- Compression Ratio: 10.1:1
- Fuel Delivery: Single Mikuni 44 mm
- Ignition: TCI (Transistor Controlled Ignition)
- Starting System: Electric
- Transmission: Yamaha Ultramatic V-Belt
- Drive Train: Ultramatic CVT, Shaft, On Command 2WD, 4WD with Diff-Lock
- Suspension / Rear: Independent Double Wishbone with Anti-Sway Bar, 10.6” of wheel travel
- Suspension / Front: Independent Double Wishbone, 9.7” of wheel travel
- Brakes / Fron: tDual Hydraulic Disk
- Brakes / Rear: Dual Hydraulic Disk / Multi-Disk Wet Parking Brake
- Tires / Front: AT26 x 8-12, Steel Wheels
- Tires / Rear: AT26 x 10-12, Steel Wheels
- L x W x H: 116.9” x 60.6” x 74.2”
- Wheelbase: 81.3”
- Turning Radius: 181.1”
- Ground Clearance: 11.4”
- Fuel Capacity: 9.70 Gal
- Wet Weight: 1311 lb
- Bed Capacity: 300 Lb
- Towing Capacity: 1500 lb
- 6 Month (Limited Factory Warranty)
- The all-new Wolverine R-Spec EPS features an aggressive, compact look and is designed to be the most capable off-road recreation side-by-side. The Wolverine R-Spec EPS offers the perfect blend of suspension, handling, drivetrain and chassis working together to give you the ability to traverse rough terrain with confidence and best-in-class comfort.
- Wolverine R-Spec EPS features a class-leading 4-wheel independent suspension with KYB ultra-long-stroke nitrogen gas charged piggyback shocks that provide a very high quality damping feel, excellent bottoming resistance, and best-in-class adjustments to fit a wide range of riding styles, loads, and terrain.
- Comfort is maximized for both the driver and passenger with an automotive-style cab and driving position featuring all-new soft, supportive and secure high-back bucket seats, 3-point seat belts, an adjustable passenger handhold and dedicated floorboards that provide a comfortable and secure driving experience.
- The Yamaha Wolverine R-Spec EPS is powered by Yamaha’s newest and most advanced 700-class engine ever with dual overhead cams and fuel injection. The 708cc engine's power character is optimized for smooth, linear, power delivery on the roughest, most technical terrain and open trails.
- Wolverine R-Spec EPS features On-Command, the industry’s most capable four wheel drive system. With a simple twist of the dial riders choose 2-wheel drive, 4-wheel limited slip, or 4-wheel full differential lock, enabling the Wolverine R-Spec to claw its way through just about anything.
- When the trail gets technical, speed-sensitive electric power steering increases comfort, especially at low speeds and in 4-wheel diff-lock.
- Powered by a double overhead cam (DOHC), 4-valve, fuel-injected 708cc engine, the Wolverine R-Spec EPS is tuned to optimize torque, power delivery and engine character to get through even the most challenging off-road terrain.
- Ultramatic® fully automatic transmission with high, low, reverse and neutral provides the industry’s most durable CVT transmission. The one-way sprag clutch produces the industry’s most natural-feeling all-wheel engine braking and eliminates “freewheeling” found in some competitive models. A centrifugal clutch maintains constant belt tension and eliminates slipping reducing belt wear and improving durability.
- On-Command® puts the driver in control of 2WD, 4WD or 4WD full diff lock with a conveniently mounted and easy to use dash-mounted dial.
- High-volume air intake optimizes power character for off-road situations and it is tucked under the hood to keep it out of the elements. The over-sized foam air-filter is reusable and accessible without tools.
- Gear, coolant, and engine oil drain holes have been designed into the full-length skid plates which make maintaining and servicing the Wolverine R-Spec very convenient.
- The front and rear of the chassis – approach and departure angles – are tapered on the sides and bottom of the vehicle to reduce potential contact on tight trails and in rough terrain. With an 81” wheelbase and 11.4” of ground clearance the Wolverine R-Spec EPS is designed for best-in-class terrainability and the body design with the low hood gives drivers maximum visibility to navigate tight, technical trails and challenging terrain.
- The Wolverine R-Spec EPS' narrow chassis with class-exclusive full underbody skidplates lets it glide over many obstacles that might hold others back…and those skidplates are swept up more than two inches on each side to maximize clearance at the wheels.
- KYB fully adjustable piggyback shocks with 9.7” of travel in the front and 10.6” of travel out back deliver excellent suspension and rider comfort when hitting the trails. Adjustable settings include high and low--speed compression damping, rebound and preload adjustments.
- Front wide-arc A-arms and full-length skid plates maximize durability and terrainability and provides 11.4” of ground clearance. Flares on the frame protect the rear wheels from oncoming trees and rocks.
- Exclusive 26-inch Maxxis Bighorn 2.0 tires provide optimum traction, durability, comfort and steering precision.
- Speed-sensitive electric power steering increases comfort.
- Large diameter front and rear wheel disc brakes provide unsurpassed stopping power with twin pistons for excellent, and predictable, overall brake feeling. Drilled rotors increase cooling and reduce noise plus the wet parking brake is completely sealed, so it’s protected from the elements and it’s virtually maintenance-free.
- Standard, heavy-duty 2-inch receiver-style hitch can tow up to 1500 pounds.
- Rotomolded doors help keep mud and water on the trail and a standard suntop offers additional protection from the elements.
- The tough, molded composite bed is rated to haul 300 pounds of gear, with a design that allows you to reposition the tailgate to handle different sized loads…and a 1” divider notch provides even more versatility. In the bed are six steel tie-down hooks to secure cargo.
- Bolstered high back seats provide great support and plush comfort, and they’re positioned for optimal visibility. The driver’s seat is 3-position adjustable.
- Class-leading legroom, and a tough, textured floor surface make it easy to find a comfortable position whether you’re driving or riding.
- Three-point seat belts, shoulder bolsters and an adjustable passenger handhold add to the secure comfortable feeling.
- A standard suntop offers additional protection from the elements.
- Digital instrument panel boasts multifunction LCD display with speedometer, odometer, dual tripmeter, hour meter, 4WD status, transmission position, clock and fuel gauge.
- Two cup holders, two center console storage bins, a dash-mounted glove box and under-seat storage provide maximum space for storing items in the cab.
- Large, 9.7-gallon fuel tank allows for long rides.
- Yamaha accessories are available to enhance the ownership experience for the recreational rider, hunter and rancher.
- Proudly built Real World Tough and assembled in Newnan, GA, U.S.A.
Wish they had better colors. It's the colors Yamaha has on all of there models.
It seems heavy for a single cylinder that size.
Painted plastic would be a nice upgrade.
I do like the size of the fuel tank.
I like the roof a lot. The doors and seats are silly looking IMO
Seats are good, high back is always good. The doors I don't like so much either.
I bet the seats are easy on the back on long rides.
They look comfortable even if they seem a bit bulky.
Maybe the aftermarket guys will make some better looking doors.