Quieter!
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Wolverine Forum

Quieter!

This is a discussion on Quieter! within the Wolverine General Discussion forums, part of the Yamaha Wolverine Gen 1 708 cc SxS category; I would like to make my 2016 Rspec quieter. I have been reading as many posts as I can find, mostly about adding noise dampening ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By danielplace1962

Thread: Quieter!

Weekender
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    59 times

Quieter!

I would like to make my 2016 Rspec quieter. I have been reading as many posts as I can find, mostly about adding noise dampening material inside the cavity of the wolverine. I am wondering if there are special mufflers out there that can cut the noise level down while keeping performance up. I did see one post by someone who built a muffler, but never saw any for sale. Do any of you have any ideas on mufflers or sound bafflers? I use my wolverine at the hunting camp and I take passengers with me a good bit. It is loud....to me.

Thanks
    Mickermic

Spectator
    Member #
    Member #
    Afraid I can't help you with the noise issue since I'm wondering the same thing; I agree that it's pretty loud. I've been doing some research and it appears that the only aftermarket add-on that fits is the Kolpin Stealth, but I have yet to verify that, nor have I found anyone who's tried it.

Belt Smoker
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    90 times
    Boy would that be a big seller. A nice quiet Wolvie muffler.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WolverineForums.com
    Advertisements

Hog Chaser
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    100 times
    I added some sound deadening material to the console area and to the front of the bed on my 2016. Honestly, I can say it may have helped, but the reality is that the 708 machine is just noisy due it's configuration. The exhaust doesn't really make it noisy, it's the drivetrain, clutch, single cylinder, vibrations, etc. It got to where I wore ear plugs. It was a major reason that I bit the bullet and got an X2. Good luck, it is a great machine. Oh, I also added some foam to the inside of the roof. Internet search said sound resonates off the roof of machines and makes them noisier.
    2016 R-Spec
    HW Sheave kit, 16 gr, purple spring, slippery washers
    PCV
    AIS block off
    2" Perfex lift
    30x10-12 Blackwater Evo's on ITP wheels, 1" spacer in rear
    DIY Radiator mud guards
    DIY fender flares
    Warn 3500 winch
    HW 2R exhaust tip with silencer mod/cutout

Weekender
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    59 times
    I traded my 2016 for a 2019. Fixed that problem. But I did put deadening material in the 2016. I am not sure it helped much.

Belt Smoker
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    90 times
    What would be nice is a Catalytic Converter-less muffler that flows and is quiet.
    Tripplec likes this.

Sponsored Links