Flip Down windshield Recommendation
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Wolverine Forum

This is a discussion on Flip Down windshield Recommendation within the Wolverine General Discussion forums, part of the Yamaha Wolverine Gen 1 708 cc SxS category; So, I don't want to be one of those guys that posts, "hey what's the best" but one of the first things that I do ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Flip Down windshield Recommendation

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    38 times

So, I don't want to be one of those guys that posts, "hey what's the best" but one of the first things that I do want to get for the Wolverine is a windshield. Some of the complaints that I am seeing is : Too thin and bows up on top, scratches too easily, flimsy mounting hardware, obstructs the view, have to remove when towing, rattling...... so, any recommendations? I am willing to pay a little more to get the right windshield. Thanks in advance. Top
    "When you wallow with pigs, expect to get dirty." “Veni, Vedi, Vici”

2016 Wolverine R-Spec,
    Warn 3500 Provantage Winch/KFI winch mount
    Yamaha Folding windshield
    Yamaha Overfenders
    Power Commander V with AIS blocked off
    Ryco Motorsports Turn Signal Horn Kit
    OxGord side mirrors
    01 Raptor, 86 TRX250R, 98 300EX, 01 250EX , 94 LT160, 09 JD 2520 & 2012 KX121-3 & 12 battery tenders!

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1499 times
    The Yamaha flip down windshield is about as durable as they come. I've had mine for two years and have yet to see any scratches or have any major issues. Mine even stays up while towing on an open trailer without any problems. In heavy rains water will drip down from the roof lip where the windshield meets it, which has been resolved on the new X4's that have a longer overhang on the roof. I don't know of any other flip down windshield that is comparable. There is a flip up windshield that seems to be well liked around the forum, but I was concerned with my vision being blocked with the tilt at my eye level being 6'3" tall.
    Topstoy likes this.
    2016 Alpine White Wolverine R-Spec SE
    27" Tusk Terrabites, 2" Gorilla lift kit, Over Fenders, Warn 3500 Winch, Folding Windshield, Rear Windscreen, Accessory Bar & Gun Mount, Front & Rear Grab Bar Bumpers, Cargo Bed Box, Rear-view Mirror, RAM GPS Mount, Battery Tender Charger, Seizmik Pursuit Mirrors, Lux-Pro Dome Light, Throttle Maxx Pedal Extension, Yamaha Aluminum Front Skid Plate, TGM Off-Road/Konstruktor Doors W/White & Gray Decals

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    38 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MORSNO View Post
    The Yamaha flip down windshield is about as durable as they come. I've had mine for two years and have yet to see any scratches or have any major issues. Mine even stays up while towing on an open trailer without any problems. In heavy rains water will drip down from the roof lip where the windshield meets it, which has been resolved on the new X4's that have a longer overhang on the roof. I don't know of any other flip down windshield that is comparable. There is a flip up windshield that seems to be well liked around the forum, but I was concerned with my vision being blocked with the tilt at my eye level being 6'3" tall.
    Once again, thanks Morsno! I saw the stock Yamaha and it looked pretty good. I wasn't so sure about the flip up from Super ATV. Where the two comes together looks to be an obstruction.

2016 Wolverine R-Spec,
    Yamaha Overfenders
    OxGord side mirrors
    01 Raptor, 86 TRX250R, 98 300EX, 01 250EX , 94 LT160, 09 JD 2520 & 2012 KX121-3 & 12 battery tenders!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WolverineForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    345 times
    No windshield yet on my wolverine, and I went for a few rides on the weekend, with varying amounts of rain and fairly cool temps.... Ok, I want a windshield, lol.

Well I have the SuperATV flip up one ordered. It was several hundred dollars cheaper then the Yamaha, has good reviews, and seems to fit the bill for what I need - a concern was riding around with the windshield in the flip up position, because that's nice in the summer, and shouldn't be an issue! I will try to update with more info when I have a chance to install and test.
    MORSNO, Topstoy and atkbike like this.
    2017 Wolverine R-Spec Blue
    2008 B-King
    1997 KLR650

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    235 times
    Name:  20170603_113505.jpg
Views: 277
Size:  2.61 MB
    I have the Super ATV flip up windshield and everyone else that rides with me is very impressed. The quality is unmatched in my honest opinion.
    MORSNO, Topstoy, erik and 1 others like this.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    38 times
    Quote Originally Posted by erik View Post
    No windshield yet on my wolverine, and I went for a few rides on the weekend, with varying amounts of rain and fairly cool temps.... Ok, I want a windshield, lol.

Well I have the SuperATV flip up one ordered. It was several hundred dollars cheaper then the Yamaha, has good reviews, and seems to fit the bill for what I need - a concern was riding around with the windshield in the flip up position, because that's nice in the summer, and shouldn't be an issue! I will try to update with more info when I have a chance to install and test.
    Let us know what you think of it after you get it installed. I'm on the fence on which way to go.

2016 Wolverine R-Spec,
    Yamaha Overfenders
    OxGord side mirrors

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    38 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Flex View Post
    Name:  20170603_113505.jpg
Views: 277
Size:  2.61 MB
    I have the Super ATV flip up windshield and everyone else that rides with me is very impressed. The quality is unmatched in my honest opinion.
    Does the channel where the two pieces join obstruct your view or is it low enough to not come into play. Thanks for the photo!

2016 Wolverine R-Spec,
    Yamaha Overfenders
    OxGord side mirrors

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    345 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Flex View Post
    That's great to hear. You're making me feel better about my purchase already.

Do you use an open trailer to move your Wolverine? I'd guess you have the windshield in the down or closed position for trailering, but I'm curious on your experience.

cheers.
    Topstoy likes this.
    2017 Wolverine R-Spec Blue
    2008 B-King
    1997 KLR650

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    The only one I’ve tried is the Yamaha version but I really am impressed with it. Seems very quality, glad I bought it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Topstoy likes this.
    2017 camo
    TGM doors soon
    Yamaha folder
    AMS M1 Evil tires
    Free with purchase winch

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    147 times
    Quote Originally Posted by erik View Post

Yamaha flips down and is contoured to the factory suntop/roof lines, SuperATV flips up. I have the Yamaha because I tow long distances on the highway to go hunting, and I prefer the windshield down for less wind resistance. I'm not thrilled with the Yamaha rubber windshield hold downs that screw into the body though. They work fine, just lumpy looking. I'd of probably gone with the super ATV or moose flip up model, had towing not been an issue.

Look forward to seeing how these work out on your Wolverines. :-)
    Topstoy likes this.
    2017 Yamaha Wolverine EPS w/26" Sedona RipSaws

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links