Heater for wolverine first-or doors? First steps to make wolverine warmer for winter?
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Wolverine Forum

Heater for wolverine first-or doors? First steps to make wolverine warmer for winter?

This is a discussion on Heater for wolverine first-or doors? First steps to make wolverine warmer for winter? within the Wolverine General Discussion forums, part of the Yamaha Wolverine Gen 1 708 cc SxS category; Hey. I have a half windshield. Don't really want a full windshield due to mud and rain and snow etc so-would it be worth it ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Heater for wolverine first-or doors? First steps to make wolverine warmer for winter?

Sunday Driver
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    96 times

Hey. I have a half windshield. Don't really want a full windshield due to mud and rain and snow etc so-would it be worth it to get a heater in the wolverine or just to much wind coming in to negate the effects of the heater? Also-would you put On the full door and back windshield with the half windshield or am I just wasting time thinking it'll be any warmer? Or would you just go the cheapest route and get heated vests since that would be the cheapest and easiest mod-especially with a half windshield. Thanks

Pit Stop
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    I removed the safety sign in the middle of the dash and cut a hole for my switch panel. It was a few weeks before I got it put back together and I got all kinds of warm air coming out that hole. I am thinking vents that one can open or close on the sides of the tunnel ( as that gets warm ) and vent for heat there.
    Best Regards,
    Ranger Rick
    North Idaho
    Last Chance likes this.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    195 times
    If you are going to pay the money and spend the time to install the heater I think you are going to want a full windshield. I have the yamaha folding windshield and I love it. When it does get covered in too much rain or mud you can fold it down and get the same view/wind deflection as the half windshield. I put rain-x on it and it sheds water pretty well actually. I think you will want a soft cover as well. I think those two items will enable you to enjoy the benefits of a heater. Without them I could see getting a little heat, but not much with all the air that flows through an open cab.
    2016 Hunter Green Wolverine
    Yamaha Folding Windshield, Rear Grab Bar Bumper, Warn 3000 lbs winch, ITP Blackwater Evolution 27x9x12 front and 27x11x12 rear, ITP Delta 12x7 4+3 offset front and rear, UTV Mudbusters Overfenders, Quad Gear Double Gun Carrier, Rear View Mirror, Universal Spare Tire Carrier, Super ATV 2" Lift, Power Commander 5, EZ-Steer Power Steering kit, Auxbeam F-S2 series LED Headlight bulbs, VisionX Spotlights, Cabela’s Roof Rack, Yamaha Rear Window.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WolverineForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    519 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CDVhunter View Post
    If you are going to pay the money and spend the time to install the heater I think you are going to want a full windshield. I have the yamaha folding windshield and I love it. When it does get covered in too much rain or mud you can fold it down and get the same view/wind deflection as the half windshield.
    I agree completely!

On my old Rhino I always had a 1/2 windshield w/ a rear window also, and in the winter it was frigid to ride in. On my Wolverine I have the Yamaha folding windshield w/ a rear window too. The Wolverine is "substantially" warmer than the Rhino ever was and it's due to the full windshield. If you're trying to stay warm you NEED a full windshield.
    Wolvie Hunter

Yamaha - 2016 Wolverine R-Spec EPS Hunter Edition, Folding Front Windshield, Rear Window, Cargo Bed Box, YXZ Steering Wheel
    Warn - Vantage 3000 Winch & Cover
    Sedona - Storm 14" Aluminum Wheels, Rip-Saw R/T Radial ATV Tires 27x9-14 and 27x11-14, w/ Spare
    Assault - Center Mount Mirror
    Seizmik - Side Mirrors
    EMP - Front & Rear Bumpers, CV Guards
    Super ATV - 2" Lift Kit
    Rigidhorse - 19" Tri-Row LED Light Bar
    Concours - Wolverine Switch Panel
    Battery Tender
    Grab Handles

Pit Stop
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    40 times
    i think for the winter months i am going to install a windshield plus back window. i have doors on the way that should help keep the snow and mud out of the cab and me dry.
    17 R Spec EPS
    Yamaha half windshield
    28 10 14 carnivores on sti hd9 wheels
    YXZ seats
    Boss 14 inch soundbar
    Perfex 2 inch lift
    Konstruktor Doors
    Hunterworks clutching
    16 Grizzly EPS

Mechanic
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    Great idea RangerRick... But I already have a heated vest I used on my FJR1300, back in the day...Problem, for me, solved...
    Last edited by Last Chance; 08-24-2017 at 12:16 PM.
    RangerRick likes this.

Sunday Driver
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    96 times
    Cool. I guess I need to start with a full windshield. I like the idea of removing the safety sign too. Does the rear windshield really help?

Sunday Driver
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    96 times
    Has any one used the "air flares" that are offered for the yxz?

National Cycle AirFlares for Yamaha YXZ: SideBySideStuff.comName:  IMG_4171.PNG
Views: 455
Size:  532.6 KB

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    195 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Chugachwolvy View Post
    Cool. I guess I need to start with a full windshield. I like the idea of removing the safety sign too. Does the rear windshield really help?
    I don't have the rear window, but I do have a double gun carrier that acts as a rear wind block. Makes a huge difference keeping the wind off your back. I can imagine the rear window does an even better job.
    2016 Hunter Green Wolverine
    Yamaha Folding Windshield, Rear Grab Bar Bumper, Warn 3000 lbs winch, ITP Blackwater Evolution 27x9x12 front and 27x11x12 rear, ITP Delta 12x7 4+3 offset front and rear, UTV Mudbusters Overfenders, Quad Gear Double Gun Carrier, Rear View Mirror, Universal Spare Tire Carrier, Super ATV 2" Lift, Power Commander 5, EZ-Steer Power Steering kit, Auxbeam F-S2 series LED Headlight bulbs, VisionX Spotlights, Cabela’s Roof Rack, Yamaha Rear Window.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    519 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Chugachwolvy View Post
    Absolutely! A full front windshield will create a back draft. You'll feel it on the back of your neck, especially in the winter.

A rear windshield will stop that.
    Wolvie Hunter

Yamaha - 2016 Wolverine R-Spec EPS Hunter Edition, Folding Front Windshield, Rear Window, Cargo Bed Box, YXZ Steering Wheel
    Warn - Vantage 3000 Winch & Cover
    Sedona - Storm 14" Aluminum Wheels, Rip-Saw R/T Radial ATV Tires 27x9-14 and 27x11-14, w/ Spare
    Assault - Center Mount Mirror
    Seizmik - Side Mirrors
    EMP - Front & Rear Bumpers, CV Guards
    Super ATV - 2" Lift Kit
    Rigidhorse - 19" Tri-Row LED Light Bar
    Concours - Wolverine Switch Panel
    Battery Tender
    Grab Handles

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links