Door Handles Driving Me Crazy
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Wolverine Forum

This is a discussion on Door Handles Driving Me Crazy within the Wolverine General Discussion forums, part of the Yamaha Wolverine Gen 1 708 cc SxS category; The door handles are really listing me off. My first trip, I could get them to latch because of the mud. Second trip, same problem. ...

Thread: Door Handles Driving Me Crazy

Billy Goat
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    90 times

The door handles are really listing me off. My first trip, I could get them to latch because of the mud. Second trip, same problem. Third trip, they latched all day WITH mud but after I washed my Wolverine now I can't get them to latch! I know the door latches are a point of contention with a lot of us. Is there ANY fix to this problem???

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    487 times
    I was having some challenge with the door latching consistently on my first ride and I adjusted the hinges and they have been good on second ride.

Billy Goat
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    90 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jimclemjr View Post
    I was having some challenge with the door latching consistently on my first ride and I adjusted the hinges and they have been good on second ride.
    What adjustments did you make?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WolverineForums.com
    Advertisements

Pit Stop
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    39 times
    i rinse them out good with the pressure washer. then soak in wd 40. Cant wait for my new doors to show up. these flimsy things suck
    17 R Spec EPS
    Yamaha half windshield
    28 10 14 carnivores on sti hd9 wheels
    YXZ seats
    Boss 14 inch soundbar
    Perfex 2 inch lift
    Konstruktor Doors
    Hunterworks clutching
    16 Grizzly EPS

Billy Goat
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    90 times
    Did the WD40 work? I'm not into replacing the doors on a machine that is only one month old.

Pit Stop
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    39 times
    Yeah. i think the latch gets crud inside it. So keep the latch clean and lubed and it should work good. Im swapping out doors because the stock doors offer very little protection.
    17 R Spec EPS
    Yamaha half windshield
    28 10 14 carnivores on sti hd9 wheels
    YXZ seats
    Boss 14 inch soundbar
    Perfex 2 inch lift
    Konstruktor Doors
    Hunterworks clutching
    16 Grizzly EPS

Sparky
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    358 times
    I kind of like the stock doors. Id ride with no doors if it wasn't for all the sticks and stuff hitting me. But I noticed with my latches I almost need to pull the door closed and give a little lift up at the same time and they work every time. if I just swing em in the clang and don't latch. Probable a hinge adjustment would fix. I just rubbed some waterproof grease on the connection pieces and squirt some wd into the actual handle and just made a habit of giving a bit of a lift as they close.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    487 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip3618 View Post
    What adjustments did you make?
    Sorry for delayed response, been out of pocket. I loosened the hinge screws and adjusted the height of the door latch to center with the handle strike. Plus a little WD40 on latch it snaps shut everytime now without lifting or slamming. IIRC these might be the torx type security screws that have a pin in center of the star area.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    39 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Abell34 View Post
    I kind of like the stock doors. Id ride with no doors if it wasn't for all the sticks and stuff hitting me. But I noticed with my latches I almost need to pull the door closed and give a little lift up at the same time and they work every time. if I just swing em in the clang and don't latch. Probable a hinge adjustment would fix. I just rubbed some waterproof grease on the connection pieces and squirt some wd into the actual handle and just made a habit of giving a bit of a lift as they close.
    I'm glad im not the only one who doesnt want to cage myself in. That's why i loved my TJ Jeep, you'd see me with the doors off unless there was sleet coming down. Same on the Wolverine, as little door as possible, of course im not a big time mudder, i try and avoid it if i can and i live in Texas, so its not that cold, i don't need to deal with negative temps...

Veteran
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    171 times
    They are called Tamper Proof Torx. Just alittle FYI if your doing an online search.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimclemjr View Post
    Sorry for delayed response, been out of pocket. I loosened the hinge screws and adjusted the height of the door latch to center with the handle strike. Plus a little WD40 on latch it snaps shut everytime now without lifting or slamming. IIRC these might be the torx type security screws that have a pin in center of the star area.

Sponsored Links