What don't you like about the Wolverine? - Page 3
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Wolverine Forum

What don't you like about the Wolverine?

This is a discussion on What don't you like about the Wolverine? within the Wolverine General Discussion forums, part of the Yamaha Wolverine Gen 1 708 cc SxS category; More GC would be nice....

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree97Likes

Thread: What don't you like about the Wolverine?

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    More GC would be nice.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    130 times
    Quote Originally Posted by flashback View Post
    come on Yamaha ur kidding us with a 1 cylinder engine! Give us technology, smoth running engin that dosent have to rev to get performance, nice sounding machins, futureist looks. I am discuraged the chinees have surpassed Yamaha in looks and performane. Good luck selling these.
    Single cylinder engines are known historically for providing good low end torque. Multi cylinders are usually used to lower the reciprocating mass to enable higher rpm. The Wolverine engine uses the latest technology available in any utv that I know of. Some single cylinder engines sound great. Some two cylinder engines sound like a single, (Polaris Star except for the Sportsman XP). Looks is in the eye of the beholder. Chinese passed Yamaha in performance? LOL.
    I think the Wolverine will sell lots better than you obviously think it will.

Enjoying my wolverine
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    94 times
    I agree except for the sound. Singles always have that choppy sound. My dohc 567cc rzr has great power and torque for it's size.

Quote Originally Posted by viker View Post
    Single cylinder engines are known historically for providing good low end torque. Multi cylinders are usually used to lower the reciprocating mass to enable higher rpm. The Wolverine engine uses the latest technology available in any utv that I know of. Some single cylinder engines sound great. Some two cylinder engines sound like a single, (Polaris Star except for the Sportsman XP). Looks is in the eye of the beholder. Chinese passed Yamaha in performance? LOL.
    I think the Wolverine will sell lots better than you obviously think it will.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WolverineForums.com
    Advertisements

Enjoying my wolverine
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    94 times
    With fully adjustable shocks and a full steel skid plate you can get close to what you need for your type riding, and if you do smack a rock, you're covered. Higher ground clearance means less stable.

Quote Originally Posted by TN6680 View Post
    More GC would be nice.

Paper Boy
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I agree the price seems a little high for a 700 single. What is the alternator output? Do the lights have low and high beam? Does the tailgate just come off or can you use it to extend the box for a load? The doors are way to low to keep brush out.
    Last edited by tipsy; 01-22-2015 at 06:01 PM. Reason: wrong thread

Enjoying my wolverine
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    94 times
    it's a dohc single, you get as much power as a twin without the bulk and extra moving parts. the tailgate removes only, the box capacity is just 300 lbs. the doors are low for visibility on tight trails and over rocks. unlike the Rhino, this is not a work utv, it's recreational use, hunting, fishing, camping, trail riding

Quote Originally Posted by tipsy View Post
    I agree the price seems a little high for a 700 single. What is the alternator output? Do the lights have low and high beam? Does the tailgate just come off or can you use it to extend the box for a load? The doors are way to low to keep brush out.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    It sounds silly, the steel exhaust. It should be stainless IMO

Enjoying my wolverine
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    94 times
    I have not seen the exhaust material mentioned?

Quote Originally Posted by TN6680 View Post
    It sounds silly, the steel exhaust. It should be stainless IMO

Paper Boy
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I agree that a single can produce good power and is much less complicated than multi cylinder engines. It probably even gets better fuel economy. Just like others I am looking for a really good deal. The price is about the same as a 570 with eps so probably is correct but just sayin'
    rbcherry likes this.

Pavement Princess
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    The doors and side bolsters will be the first to go bye bye. Little disappointed that it's a single and not bigger cc. But I wait till I ride one. My 07 rhino had plenty of balls to do what I do just not the suspension. Hopefully this is a little better and I can halfway keep up on the trails with the rzr's.

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links