What don't you like about the Wolverine? - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Wolverine Forum

What don't you like about the Wolverine?

This is a discussion on What don't you like about the Wolverine? within the Wolverine General Discussion forums, part of the Yamaha Wolverine Gen 1 708 cc SxS category; Originally Posted by TN6680 60 inch Sport model Be aware that where we ride in the Rockies, many trails are being limited to 50 inches, ...

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree98Likes

Thread: What don't you like about the Wolverine?

Spectator
    Member #
    Member #

Caution on the 60" width

Quote Originally Posted by TN6680 View Post
    60 inch Sport model
    Be aware that where we ride in the Rockies, many trails are being limited to 50 inches, with entrances actually blocked by narrow posts, gates, and large rock and gravel piles. I doubt you will want to get caught on these trails.

Enjoying my wolverine
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    94 times
    Cool, you know about JBS!

Quote Originally Posted by Hondabob View Post
    If it doesn't gear up all the way I will make that improvement probably with JBS machined parts. A slightly lower gear and a higher top gear may be a necessary improvement. I need a 50 mph cruise in the large wide sand washes and on some fast truck trail. I just hate to run at red line in the over rev area. The Teryx rev limiter is 7,800 rpm and it hits the rev limiter in low range. In high range the speed sensor cuts the injection at about 50 mph at near 6,300 rpm. I could live with something like that but really want a 60 mph top speed. I will install a tach and a belt temp sensor to make sure the belt temp stays below 180 degrees. At 200 the belt wears faster and 260 degrees the glue melts.

Member #
    Member #
    Single cylinder engine. I expect an off road machine to have more cylinders than my lawn mower.
    (except a nice thumper XR)
    Yamaha has such sweet motors freezing their pistons off in their snowmobiles.
    They have 150 horsepower wasting away in the Apex for fu&^ sakes!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WolverineForums.com
    Advertisements

Enjoying my wolverine
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    94 times
    I like single cylinder. Honda and Yamaha, the two most durable utv makers, have single cylinder machines. My 570 is single cylinder, yet runs with twin cylinders all day long on the trails.

Member #
    Member #
    I don't think it's durable because it's a single cylinder, but rather in spite of.
    Single cylinder requires the use of large counterbalancing weights to keep from shaking itself to death.
    Single cylinder lead to vibration. Vibration leads to metal fatigue, metal fatigue leads to, well, metal fatigue.

That said, I sure did love my XR 650...

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    One thing I did like about the Arctic Cat is it came with a 2 year warranty. I would say the Yamaha is built better. 6 months is kinda short IMO for 13k machine.

Enjoying my wolverine
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    94 times
    I bought the extended warranty for my 2007 Grizzly since it had never before offered features, never used it once.

Enjoying my wolverine
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    94 times
    I hear ya. I still like the simplicity, despite some vibration. There are owners with over 10,000 miles on single cylinder machines. That's durable!

Quote Originally Posted by jeepsahara View Post
    I don't think it's durable because it's a single cylinder, but rather in spite of.
    Single cylinder requires the use of large counterbalancing weights to keep from shaking itself to death.
    Single cylinder lead to vibration. Vibration leads to metal fatigue, metal fatigue leads to, well, metal fatigue.

That said, I sure did love my XR 650...

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    I bought one too. I had a 660 2002 grizzly. No issues. Never used it lol

Spectator
    Member #
    Member #
    come on Yamaha ur kidding us with a 1 cylinder engine! Give us technology, smoth running engin that dosent have to rev to get performance, nice sounding machins, futureist looks. I am discuraged the chinees have surpassed Yamaha in looks and performane. Good luck selling these.

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links