Ignition Key Blank
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Wolverine Forum

Ignition Key Blank

This is a discussion on Ignition Key Blank within the Wolverine General Discussion forums, part of the Yamaha Wolverine Gen 1 708 cc SxS category; Just recently I was wanting another spare key and searched online trying to find the part number for the key blank for our Wolverines. No ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Ignition Key Blank

Supporting Member
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    572 times

Ignition Key Blank

Just recently I was wanting another spare key and searched online trying to find the part number for the key blank for our Wolverines. No where could I find the part number online on any of the Yamaha parts schematic, it only listed the part number for the Key Cap.

After more research, looking at actual pictures of various key, and comparing different year models of Yamaha Rhinos, Vikings, and Wolverine I was fairly certain that the Wolverine Key Blank is the same as the Rhino of which the 2006 part number for the Rhino is listed on Yamaha's Parts Schematics. After physically comparing the Rhino's Key Blank they are indeed the same blank that is used on the Wolverine. There are 2 different key blanks for the Wolverine: Blank A and Blank B, they are mirror images of each other where the 2 grooves in the key are opposite.

The Wolverine Key Blank Part numbers are: Key Blank A - Part # 5UG-H2511-09 and Key Blank B - Part # 5UG-H2511-19.
    Name:  Wolverine Key Blanks A, B.jpg
Views: 669
Size:  8.5 KB
    Last edited by PapaSkeeta; 03-13-2017 at 11:45 AM.
    MORSNO likes this.
    2016 R Spec EPS, Realtree, 29x9x14 & 29x11x14 Tusk Warthogs on ITP SS112
    Hunterworks Sheave, Greaseless 18 gr wts (did have 16 gr.), Purple Sec. Spring, Wet Clutch Slugs
    Painted Control/Gear Symbols, Bad Dog Side Mirrors, EMP Panoramic Rear Mirror,
    Interior Overhead LED lights, Blue Floorboard LED Lights, Custom Side Rain Curtains
    Radiator Mud Guards, Yamaha Alum. Front Diff. Guard, Perfex 2" Lift, Winch,
    Grease Fitting Modification for Lower Rear A-Arm, Koso Coolant Temp. Gauge,
    RAM Mounts for GPS & 8" Tablet, Under Seat Storage Box, Folding Windshield,
    EMP Front/ Rear Bumpers, 100W 17" LED light, 18W Rear Flood LEDs 2x
    Great Day Gun Rack, Stebel Air Horn, Adjustable Driver's Seat, Turn Signals,
    Street Legal/TN Tag

Super Moderator MassiveOverkill's Avatar
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1261 times
    I had my spare key for my Viking V3 made at Ace/True Value and the blank has '5060' stamped on it.

Supporting Member
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    572 times
    I had checked at 3 different Ace Hardware Cos. in my area and none of them had the blank. I was wanting the head of the key to be the same as the OEM key so it would fit in the Yamaha Key Cap if I wanted it to. In my process of researching I did find out that one of the blanks (don't remember if it was Blank A or Blank B) is the same as a Craftsman Tool Box blank, but the head of the key is a great big square head.
    Hunterworks Sheave, Greaseless 18 gr wts (did have 16 gr.), Purple Sec. Spring, Wet Clutch Slugs
    Interior Overhead LED lights, Blue Floorboard LED Lights, Custom Side Rain Curtains
    Street Legal/TN Tag

4. Remove Advertisements
    WolverineForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    438 times

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    518 times
    This is great information fellas, I made it a sticky.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    148 times
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaSkeeta View Post
    Just recently I was wanting another spare key and searched online trying to find the part number for the key blank for our Wolverines. No where could I find the part number online on any of the Yamaha parts schematic, it only listed the part number for the Key Cap.

After more research, looking at actual pictures of various key, and comparing different year models of Yamaha Rhinos, Vikings, and Wolverine I was fairly certain that the Wolverine Key Blank is the same as the Rhino of which the 2006 part number for the Rhino is listed on Yamaha's Parts Schematics. After physically comparing the Rhino's Key Blank they are indeed the same blank that is used on the Wolverine. There are 2 different key blanks for the Wolverine: Blank A and Blank B, they are mirror images of each other where the 2 grooves in the key are opposite.

The Wolverine Key Blank Part numbers are: Key Blank A - Part # 5UG-H2511-09 and Key Blank B - Part # 5UG-H2511-19.
    Name:  Wolverine Key Blanks A, B.jpg
Views: 669
Size:  8.5 KB
    Flip either Key and they should line up. Here are the Keys from the factory that came with the machine on the "Left", and here are your OEM Yamaha Keys "RIGHT" from the dealer. Part Number (A) 5000-5159. I wouldn't trust just any blank as I had problems with matching Rhino Keys some years back. For $12.00 I got 2 matching key blanks for my 2019 Wolv.
    Last edited by Ken Scurry; 01-03-2019 at 12:43 PM.

Supporting Member
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    572 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Scurry View Post
    Flip either Key and they should line up. Here are the Keys from the factory that came with the machine on the "Left", and here are your OEM Yamaha Keys "RIGHT" from the dealer. Part Number (A) 5000-5159. I wouldn't trust just any blank as I had problems with matching Rhino Keys some years back. For $12.00 I got 2 matching key blanks for my 2019 Wolv.
    Back in 2016 and 2017 for the Wolverine, Gen. 1, Yamaha did not have a part number for the Wolverine for replacement keys. Several Dealers I had spoken with were at a loss since none of their Wolverine parts schematics listed a part number for the key blanks. So I took it upon myself to figure it out, knew it couldn't be that difficult with just a little persistence. For the 2016 thru 2018 Wolverine 708s, Gen.1, there are 2 different key blanks, they look very similar at a quick glance but they are mirror images (the grooves are switched to the other side of the key, not the opposite side of the key, but the same side of the key just the other edge) and you have to know if your key is blank A or Blank B which can easily be determined by comparing it to the pictures I posted above. You can't just flip the key blank "A" over and have the key grooves in the blank line up like key blank "B" for the 2016-2018 (708s), they are on the wrong edge.

A Blank "A" won't go in the key switch that uses a Blank "B" and vice versa. Out of the 8 Wolverines 2016-2017 models of us that ride together some of us have Blank A and some have Blank B. There are a couple of other manufacturer's key blanks that will work, but then the Yamaha Key Cap may not go on the key.

Don't know what the new 2018 X4 and 2019 X2 have since I haven't had any experience with them yet.
    Last edited by PapaSkeeta; 01-03-2019 at 03:02 PM.
    Street Legal/TN Tag

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    148 times
    The photo didn’t attach to my original post so on the left are the factory keys that came with the machine which is a 2019 X2 Wolv scribed with number 5060 on them. On the right are blanks from the dealer with associated part number on the package but no number scribed on the key at all. Name:  2D0A7995-6B14-41EC-9C86-256DC18C2E63.jpeg
Views: 211
Size:  3.83 MB
    Last edited by Ken Scurry; 01-03-2019 at 05:05 PM.
    PapaSkeeta likes this.

Supporting Member
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    572 times
    Edited post: From your picture above the 708 Wolverine and the new X4 and X2 still use the same Key Blanks / part numbers for their Key Blanks for Blank A (p/n is 5UG-H2511-09) and Blank B will most likely still be p/n 5UG-H2511-19.
    Last edited by PapaSkeeta; 01-03-2019 at 06:06 PM.
    MORSNO likes this.
    Street Legal/TN Tag

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    148 times
    PapaSkeeta .. you may be correct with those part numbers and allocations.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links