enclosed trailer questions - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Wolverine Forum

enclosed trailer questions

This is a discussion on enclosed trailer questions within the Wolverine General Discussion forums, part of the Yamaha Wolverine Gen 1 708 cc SxS category; Raggdoll, one option is to put a thin sheet of 1/4 inch plywood on top of your roof, it will act like a shoehorn as ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: enclosed trailer questions

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    75 times
    Raggdoll, one option is to put a thin sheet of 1/4 inch plywood on top of your roof, it will act like a shoehorn as you load or unload. The plywood will make contact with the edge of the trailer door and slide along your roof as it goes. Worst case will be a rub mark from the plywood, but no gouge marks from the trailer itself. Have I tried this myself?NO, but I will if it's a very tight, within an inch type of fit.
    2016 Wolverine SE
    Folding Windshield
    Home made Mud Guards
    Smittybilt 4000 Lb Winch
    EMP Front and Rear Bumpers
    27" Blackwater Evo's
    Prefex 2" Lift Kit
    Kolpin Rear Window
    20" Light Bar

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    355 times
    Anyone have pictures of their Wolverine going into and enclosed trailer with a 72" high rear opening? I have a need for an enclosed trailer for work and I may as well get one the Wolvie fits into. I'm thinking I will need to go with a barn door style trailer so I can make a steeper ramp and get the clearance for the high point at the rear of the roof. I was hoping to go with a 6'6" trailer so I know it will fit once inside - I just need to know it will go in the door.
    2016 R-Spec EPS
    Superwinch Terra 4500 Synthetic
    KFI Winch Plate
    STI HD3 wheels with 27" CST Clinchers
    Super ATV Flip Windshield
    YXZ Steering Wheel
    Yamaha Rear Window
    Yamaha Accessory Mount Bar
    Sirius Pro 20" light bar
    Auxbeam a-pillar & rear work lights
    Blue Sea Fuse Block
    Rad guards
    Perfex Lift

2012 Grizzly 700 EPS

Belt Smoker
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    93 times
    Aluma sells trailers that get taller by 3" increments (mine is 6'6"). The dealer in Mountain Lake MN is stocking dealer and nice guy. I put my YXZ in a 7' wide trailer ( https://www.alumaklm.com/enclosed-tr...losed-trailers ) , but I Winch in & Push out cause too tight to open doors. Not a big deal. I also mounted stop blocks ( https://www.northerntool.com/shop/to...4356_200594356) on floor and tie down over the tires with D-Rings in Floor with (https://www.etrailer.com/Tie-Down-An...n/EM09160.html) on rear wheels. Use winch from YXZ to pull in with remote hand control (motor Running).

If you budget or garage door opening does not fit a taller Aluminum Trailer, Big Horn makes a steel trailer with drop angle at opening (2018 RM Manufacturing EC 7 12 TA (CONTRACTOR GRADE) Enclosed Cargo Trailer-CO SPRINGS | Reed Trailer Sales | Your Nebraska and Colorado Trailer Dealer | Find flatbed, utility, and dump trailers) (increases opening but still standard ceiling height, may have to ask about it) I know they sell in Nebraska & Colorado but assume other parts of country. Not as nice as Aluma, but much more affordable.

Just some options. I have vee front and have a 15 gallon fuel caddy mounted there so can fuel up when I choose. (https://www.northerntool.com/shop/to...5161_200325161) they make better ones out there, but with a coupon is reasonable and don't have to screw with cans or unloading to fill unit at station.

I also mounted a backup camera on trailer so I can see traffic coming up behind me (https://www.amazon.com/Camecho-Wirel...n%3A2888782011 )

4. Remove Advertisements
    WolverineForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    479 times
    Shorter the ramp the sharper the breakover angle to sneak top under header. A couple of treated 2x blocks under trailer tires raises trailer for a sharper angle. Can also lower ramp mount below door for a 'curb' effect that gets top in before rear comes up.
    If you were using a barn door trailer you might be able to load it with a couple of those plastic ramps for oil changes. Should not be any prob to climb over a few inches of difference between ramp and door threshold height.
    Last edited by jimclemjr; 01-27-2018 at 02:41 PM.
    2016 Wolverine R-spec EPS- Camo, , JBS CVT grind, 16 gr OD, Purple, slugs, JBS mudguards, Autometer Temp Gauge, SATV A-arms, Flip wshield, Auto tie rod ends, Dual batts/manual switch, ALS defeat, Method 14" B-locks, 27" 9 & 11Maxxis Vipr,4000 Moto Max winch, Yama trunk, 20" single row roof light bar, Rigid D pods on bumper, 3"rear cage lower, harness bar and 4 pt harnesses, JBS/Eibach springs, SPAL fan, ACM doors, Lexan moonroof, Pyle rear cam

Moon Shiner
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    63 times
    Flatten the rear tires? And use a ramp inside?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    I am going through this right now. The solution is to air down the rear tires and inside the trailer put two truck ramps back to back. I have 28" blackwaters and I can get the X4 inside the trailer

I'll post pics of the set up tomorrow if you're interested
    living next to the Stave Lake Trails

Paper Boy
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Honky View Post
    I am going through this right now. The solution is to air down the rear tires and inside the trailer put two truck ramps back to back. I have 28" blackwaters and I can get the X4 inside the trailer

I'll post pics of the set up tomorrow if you're interested
    could i see your set up?
    2019 Wolverine x4 Camo
    OEM roof
    OEM folding winshield
    Emp side mirrors

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links