Piston failure - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Wolverine Forum

Piston failure

This is a discussion on Piston failure within the Introductions forums, part of the Site News category; Originally Posted by Trail Junky Going over it with my mechanic that induction system was really clean so I'm thinking maybe lack of oil ... ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Piston failure

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    946 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Junky View Post
    Going over it with my mechanic that induction system was really clean so I'm thinking maybe lack of oil ... but the Piston being 50 thousands under makes me wonder, but the lack of oil meaning the oil pump is being checked also before he wraps it up
    If your mechanic is not too familiar with these units... the issue is not necessarily the pump, but the pump chain drive sprocket off the balancer gets loose cause it is only clamped by the nut supposed to have 18# of torque.
    Budro2 likes this.
    2016 Wolverine R-spec EPS- Black , JBS CVT grind, 16 gr OD, Purple, slugs, JBS rad guards, Autometer Temp Gauge, Alba Racing Reflash, SATV A-arms & DIY stick guards, Flip wshield, Auto tie rod ends, Dual batts/man switch, ALS defeat, Method 14" B-locks, YXZ wheel studs, 28" 9 & 11 BH 2.0, 4000# Moto Max winch, Yama trunk, 20" single row roof light bar, Rigid D pods on bumper, 3"rear cage lower, harness bar and 4 pt harn, JBS/Eibach springs, SPAL fan, ACM doors, Lexan moonroof, Pyle rear cam

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    So my mechanic had it board put an oversize piston in it seems to be runninog great ... Cam and everything was fine so I am going to do the break-in on the Piston clean it up and sell it, two weeks ago went and bought a new Honda Talon X last weekend went to Kanab Ut for 3 days and had a riot! That transmission rocks !!!
    Paul65, Greggo, Budro2 and 1 others like this.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    935 times
    So my mechanic had it board put an oversize piston in it seems to be runninog great ... Cam and everything was fine so I am going to do the break-in on the Piston clean it up and sell it, two weeks ago went and bought a new Honda Talon X last weekend went to Kanab Ut for 3 days and had a riot! That transmission rocks !!!
    Thanks for the update! Kanab is some awesome country for sure. Pretty close to where I grew up, can’t say I’m not a bit jealous!

That Talon appears to be an awesome machine. I’ve looked it over pretty good myself. I’ll eventually step up to something else and it is still on my top 3 list. Enjoy!
    2016 R SPEC SE
    EMP bumpers
    Viper Elite 4000 winch
    Super ATV flip up windshield
    Sway bar delete
    Tusk visor
    Fabricated quick detach headache rack w/ optional storage rack
    Hunterworks sheeve, 16gr weights, green spring, 1mm shim, modified CVT cover
    Razorback belt temperature gauge, Blowhole CVT fan
    HW exhaust tip w/ stock arrester mod, PCV, ais block off plate
    28x10x14 CST Clinchers 14x7 STI HD3 black gloss wheels,
    Eibach springs
    Seizmik strike mirrors

4. Remove Advertisements
    WolverineForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    466 times
    So how do you like the Talon suspension compared to the Gen 1 Wolverine? Did you find it to be stiff? Obviously, it probably is a bit stiff till broken in I would imagine. I'm waiting for the Live valve X to come out and see some reviews on.
    2017 Wolverine R-Spec EPS, Alpine white

Super ATV full flip windshield~Yamaha soft doors & Rear window~KFI 3000# winch & mount~Overhead gun rack~Tablet GPS
    Apeman video cam~Rear bench seat and integrated storage box~Monster Nomad blue tooth speaker~Perfex 2" lift
    Yamaha padding kit~Accessory bar~Overfenders~Sedona Ripsaw R/T 28x10R14 tires on Storm beadlock wheels ~Chupacabra side mirrors~AIS block off~X4 SE red, black, grey seats~X4 SE steering wheel~Traveller LED's

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    The Talon was amazing in Kanab put it on the softest suspension setting and it felt great . My sister-in-law came with us she has first-generation R-Spec it did good she had me drive her machine up some of the more technical stuff and then I would get in my Talon and it was by far better because of more power better suspension, all around had a great time
    Jimbo and Paul65 like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links