2019 Yamaha Wolverine X2 SE
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Wolverine Forum

This is a discussion on 2019 Yamaha Wolverine X2 SE within the Introductions forums, part of the Site News category; Hello, Live in the Tennessee area and just purchased above UTV. I am looking for info on the best windshield for this unit. I have ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: 2019 Yamaha Wolverine X2 SE

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Hello,

Live in the Tennessee area and just purchased above UTV. I am looking for info on the best windshield for this unit. I have read that the velcro fasteners don'ts hold so good. Looking for a bolt on windshield depending on your opinions. Thanks all!
    Piston Yamaha and Greggo like this.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1692 times
    Welcome to the forum! I'd recommend you create a thread in the X2/X4 General discussion section with your windshield questions, guys on here have all kinds of different models and can give you the pros and cons of each. Please fill in you location and signature block with your Wolverines info, it'll help everyone out.
    2016 Alpine White Wolverine R-Spec SE
    27" Tusk Terrabites, 2" Gorilla lift kit, Over Fenders, Warn 3500 Winch, Folding Windshield, Rear Windscreen, Accessory Bar & Gun Mount, Front & Rear Grab Bar Bumpers, Cargo Bed Box, Rear-view Mirror, RAM GPS Mount, Battery Tender Charger, Seizmik Pursuit Mirrors, Lux-Pro Dome Light, Throttle Maxx Pedal Extension, Yamaha Aluminum Front Skid Plate, TGM Off-Road/Konstruktor Doors W/White & Gray Decals

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    253 times
    "Best" depends upon your specific requirements / needs.
    There are half, full, folding & mesh in general, not to mention different materials.
    The area that you live, your riding conditions and any future cab plans should be thought out/planned.
    blast, Wolverinegramps and Paul65 like this.
    2019 WOLVERINE X2 R-SPEC SE / Tactical Black
    STI HD9 Matte Black Machined Beadlock Wheels
    GBC Kanati Terra Master 28x10-14
    Warn AXON 45RC Winch w/ Synthetic Spydura Rope
    Yamaha Rear Cargo Box
    Yamaha Polycarbonate Front Windshield
    Yamaha Rock Sliders
    SuperATV’s Half Windshield
    Rogue Powersports Powerscreen mesh windshield
    Side X Side Enclosures Full Soft Cab
    Seizmik Halo-R Rearview Mirror & Pursuit Side View Mirrors
    Throttle-MAXX pedal
    Weller Racing ECU Flash, Stock Exhaust

4. Remove Advertisements
    WolverineForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    91 times
    I chose the Yamaha full windshield and then added Seizmik vents and wipers from dbdcustoms.com This one is made very well with folding clamps that are very secure but it can be removed in 2 minutes. Installation takes 3-5 minutes as I have to work it under the roof.

I love it when it’s not hot. It’s too hot in the warmer months so I started removing it. I plan to try either a half shield or the mesh from roguepowersports.com once it warms up June - August.

Have fun with your decision!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Paul65; 01-26-2020 at 11:42 AM. Reason: More info
    2019 Wolverine X2 R-Spec bought new 8/9/2019
    Yamaha windshield & full soft cab, rock sliders, rear fender flares, rear bumper
    Yamaha Warn Winch on EMP front bumper (looks great - not made for winching!)
    Richochet A-Arm guards
    Front & Rear LED pod lights
    Backup Camera
    Seizmik Windshield Vents
    Seizmik mirrors
    Removed all the warning stickers & badges
    Signs from doityourselflettering.com
    Tablet for GPS Navigation

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    207 times
    I like the yamaha oem windshields. I had one on my 2017 and now on my 2020. They are very well made and secure.
    2017 Yamaha Wolverine EPS w/26" Sedona RipSaws (Sold), 2020 X2 XT-R mostly stock for now.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    228 times
    Name:  IMG_2150-2.JPG
Views: 37
Size:  1.52 MB
    I also have the OEM full windshield. It seals up to the hood and roof nicely and is easy to remove. I also added a wiper.
    SKELLEY521, Paul65 and Mad Dog_037 like this.
    2019 Yamaha Wolverine X2 R-Spec
    full windshield
    soft rear window
    3,500 lb. Yamaha Provantage Warn winch
    rear brush guard
    27” Bearclaw HTR’s
    2019 enclosed Legend V-nose deluxe trailer

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    70 times
    I recommend a super atv flip up. I have a gen 1 wolvy but if I upgrade the next one will probably be the same. You can run with it completely shut or it has two notches to open it just a couple of inches or you can run with it fully open if you want a lot more airflow. The only downside is it could use a stiffener in the middle as once in awhile the windshield will vibrate in the center where the upper meets the fixed lower section.Name:  wolvie w blade.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  1.68 MB
    Last edited by Yamahopper; 01-31-2020 at 05:19 PM.
    2016 Wolverine R-Spec
    STI HD7 Rims
    Mudlite 27X14 XTR
    Super Atv Flip-Up Windshield
    2" Super Atv Lift Kit
    Concours switch Panel (Blue)
    Warn Vantage 3,000 # Winch
    Jensen Radio
    Boss Audio 34" soundbar
    66" KFI snowplow
    Koplin rear window

Sunday Driver
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Paul65 how do you like those Seizmik vents? Do they leak at all, give you enough airflow, etc?

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    91 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jrb737 View Post
    Paul65 how do you like those Seizmik vents? Do they leak at all, give you enough airflow, etc?
    I do like them, glad I did it. When open, and depending on vehicle speed of course, there is a good bit of airflow directly in line with the vent. They don't spread the air throughout the cab. So if you want air on you, install them accordingly. The vents have a nearly 180-degree flap. At 90-degrees they are 100% open. You can go up with the flap and they turn into a way to vent fog off the inside of the windshield. They are a good design. I have ridden in hard pouring rain, so hard it was difficult to see, and they didn't allow much water in. I'd almost say they didn't leak, just a few drops come in is all. In anything less than a full downpour they don't allow anything in.

They are tricky to install. I used 12-14" wide masking tape from a body shop to cover the entire windshield. I mocked them up many times before deciding where to drill & cut. It's a lot of drilling as there are a lot of corners and you drill every corner. Then cut with a jigsaw. I'd allow about an hour per vent after you drill the first hole. It's not difficult, just tedious. You will want to do this with the windshield off the vehicle. You will want the windshield on to mock it up. Lot of taking on & off before you drill & cut.
    2019 Wolverine X2 R-Spec bought new 8/9/2019
    Yamaha windshield & full soft cab, rock sliders, rear fender flares, rear bumper
    Yamaha Warn Winch on EMP front bumper (looks great - not made for winching!)
    Richochet A-Arm guards
    Front & Rear LED pod lights
    Backup Camera
    Seizmik Windshield Vents
    Seizmik mirrors
    Removed all the warning stickers & badges
    Signs from doityourselflettering.com
    Tablet for GPS Navigation

Sunday Driver
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul65 View Post
    I do like them, glad I did it. When open, and depending on vehicle speed of course, there is a good bit of airflow directly in line with the vent. They don't spread the air throughout the cab. So if you want air on you, install them accordingly. The vents have a nearly 180-degree flap. At 90-degrees they are 100% open. You can go up with the flap and they turn into a way to vent fog off the inside of the windshield. They are a good design. I have ridden in hard pouring rain, so hard it was difficult to see, and they didn't allow much water in. I'd almost say they didn't leak, just a few drops come in is all. In anything less than a full downpour they don't allow anything in.

They are tricky to install. I used 12-14" wide masking tape from a body shop to cover the entire windshield. I mocked them up many times before deciding where to drill & cut. It's a lot of drilling as there are a lot of corners and you drill every corner. Then cut with a jigsaw. I'd allow about an hour per vent after you drill the first hole. It's not difficult, just tedious. You will want to do this with the windshield off the vehicle. You will want the windshield on to mock it up. Lot of taking on & off before you drill & cut.
    Great, thank you for the info. They do look nice, not sure if I want go this route or not. In the summer I swap out my full windshield for a Rouge Powerscreen.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links