New member ready to buy, now what?
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Wolverine Forum

This is a discussion on New member ready to buy, now what? within the Introductions forums, part of the Site News category; Hello all, been lurking here for some time and had pretty much made up my mind to move forward on a new X2 SE. After ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By MassiveOverkill
  • 1 Post By AUGDOG

Thread: New member ready to buy, now what?

Spectator
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Hello all, been lurking here for some time and had pretty much made up my mind to move forward on a new X2 SE. After seeing this I'm now very torn!Name:  68755082_887570618286517_1589678829176094720_n.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  52.0 KB

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1544 times
    In my opinion you can't go wrong either way, heck folks are still buying the Gen 1 left overs without regrets. Normally as soon as the new models are released the current stock goes on sale and some guys who have to have the newest models start selling their already well accessorized rigs even though they are like new. Remember with each new model things are improved upon in some areas and new issues are created in others, go with your gut and wallet and be you'll be happy!

And, welcome to the forum!
    2016 Alpine White Wolverine R-Spec SE
    27" Tusk Terrabites, 2" Gorilla lift kit, Over Fenders, Warn 3500 Winch, Folding Windshield, Rear Windscreen, Accessory Bar & Gun Mount, Front & Rear Grab Bar Bumpers, Cargo Bed Box, Rear-view Mirror, RAM GPS Mount, Battery Tender Charger, Seizmik Pursuit Mirrors, Lux-Pro Dome Light, Throttle Maxx Pedal Extension, Yamaha Aluminum Front Skid Plate, TGM Off-Road/Konstruktor Doors W/White & Gray Decals

Paper Boy
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    ive got a highly modded gen1 i would sell for pay off. dunno where your located tho

4. Remove Advertisements
    WolverineForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    501 times
    You can always sell a Yamaha and you may not have the hottest thing out there, but the odds are basically real good for getting a solid machine. Compare purchase price versus original OTD price. Now do that same process with the Polaris, CanAm, Honda, Textron or any others. Not to mention the can of worms or really ragged out units you will typically find on the market. It depends also on your mechanical ability and how much you know or can do to the machine. A Yamaha purchase is not a bad bridge till you get something else that really tickles your fancy. And see there is already someone willing to give away all their mods to upgrade.
    2016 Wolverine R-spec EPS- Camo, , JBS CVT grind, 16 gr OD, Purple, slugs, JBS mudguards, Autometer Temp Gauge, SATV A-arms, Flip wshield, Auto tie rod ends, Dual batts/manual switch, ALS defeat, Method 14" B-locks, 27" 9 & 11Maxxis Vipr,4000 Moto Max winch, Yama trunk, 20" single row roof light bar, Rigid D pods on bumper, 3"rear cage lower, harness bar and 4 pt harnesses, JBS/Eibach springs, SPAL fan, ACM doors, Lexan moonroof, Pyle rear cam

Paper Boy
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    i agree Jim, the Yamaha brand has by far the best built machine. they are built way better than any other MFG their frames and suspension are top notch.

Paper Boy
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    34 times
    I would say be realistic about what you really want in a SxS. For me, given the trails I ride and the way I ride, the X2 R-Spec was perfect. I don't have a need or desire to go 60+ mph in a SxS and the trails I ride are typically tight, windy, with some rocky sections and lots of elevation changes. Would a new, faster version of the X2 do anything for me? Nope. The advice about waiting for a model change year to pick up last year's model is valid, you can save some scratch if you are on the ball and snap one of the previous models up. For me, adding accessories that enhance the riding experience is a better spend but your mileage may vary.
    2019 Wolverine X2 R-Spec
    Street Legal Kit
    Warn Provantage 3500 Winch
    Adventure Pro GPS
    OEM Polycarbonate Windshield
    OEM Rear Cargo Box
    OEM Rock Sliders
    OEM Spare Tire Holder
    Front and Rear OEM A-Arm Guards

Super Moderator MassiveOverkill's Avatar
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1363 times
    New model announcement will be made Sept. 4th; that's not too far away. I would wait until then.
    AUGDOG and Jraoffroad like this.
    2018 Blue Wolverine X4
    First Wolverine X4 to break the 60 MPH barrier
    Over 6000 miles and 425 hours
    Hunterworks prototype sheave with easy cleanout port, 22 gram HV weights
    Weller Racing ECU flash
    HMF Titan Series Quiet slip-on Exhaust
    Walker Evans shocks
    Swiss-cheesed airbox lid
    NGK Laser Iridium spark plugs
    Tinkseal additives
    STI HD beadlocks wearing Tusk Terrabite 27x9x12 tires
    OEM windshield, soft cab, and roof
    OEM skid plates
    OEM rock sliders
    OEM A-arm guards
    OEM cargo box
    Check out the Yamaha X2/X4 FB group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WolverineX2X4/

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    180 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AUGDOG View Post
    Hello all, been lurking here for some time and had pretty much made up my mind to move forward on a new X2 SE. After seeing this I'm now very torn!Name:  68755082_887570618286517_1589678829176094720_n.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  52.0 KB
    They are changing I assume to be more competitive with the new 2020 Honda Talon 4 seater. Which BTW looks really nice.
    2017 Wolverine R-Spec SE
    2019 Wolverine X4

2017 Super Atv - Front Window
    2017 Kolpin - Rear Window
    2017 Kolpin - Side Mirrors
    2017 Ryco - Utah Street Legal Kit
    2017 Yamaha - LED taillights with Reverse
    2019 Yamaha Windshield
    2019 Emp Side Mirrors
    2019 SuperAtv Rear Window.
    2019 Yamaha Roof
    2019 Ryco Utah Street Legal Kit

Spectator
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Thanks for the replies guys, my mind was totally made up to buy a 19 X2 SE and at my age this will probably be my last toy for quite some time. When I made up my mind the only thing that held me back a little bit was the top speed of the X2 which is kind of silly 'cause I'm not looking to go fast but I do appreciate a beefier motor. I'm not partial to any brand but I've been on Yamahas since the late 70s and the more I followed this site I came to the conclusion that I would appreciate what sounds to be a very nice quiet and smooth ride from the X2 SE.
    So, one of 2 things will happen in the very near future. I'll end up getting an even better deal on a leftover 19 or I'll fall in love with whatever they come out with which honestly I don't think will happen till 2021
    MassiveOverkill likes this.

Sponsored Links