Hello from Northern VA
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Wolverine Forum

Hello from Northern VA

This is a discussion on Hello from Northern VA within the Introductions forums, part of the Site News category; So here's how I ended up on this forum... I've been looking at property in West Virginia and got my wife to agree that if ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Ryder
  • 1 Post By donyjunodalba
  • 1 Post By Dozer370

Thread: Hello from Northern VA

Slow Poke
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times

Hello from Northern VA

So here's how I ended up on this forum... I've been looking at property in West Virginia and got my wife to agree that if we buy property, I also buy a UTV to get around it and do some work. Her and I both had four wheelers about 10 years ago. They were a blast, but the kids were little and riding opportunities become hard to come by. As such, they got sold with low miles to some lucky buyer and I took the loss. My youngest is now 15 and we're starting to think about the next chapter in our lives. I mentioned wanting something get around the property on (assuming I actually buy something) and she quickly said...I don't want another four wheeler. I jokingly responded with "how about a side by side" and, much to my surprise, she said...keep it under $20k. You betcha, baby!

That got me researching UTVs and looking at what might make sense for me. I don't care about crazy power, big jumps, etc... I'm more interested in good performance, high versatility, and excellent reliability. After a many days and countless hours or research, I stumbled across the Wolverine. Seems to be exactly what I had hoped to find. Looking forward to following the forum and hopefully, someday, just maybe, joining the Wolverine R Spec club.

Rich M
    Flyer likes this.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    195 times
    Welcome........I love my rspec

If you don't stop you won't get stuck!

2016 Wolverine R Spec EPS SE Alpine white
    26x9x12 & 26x11x12 STI Outback tires on factory aluminum wheels
    2" Super ATV lift
    OEM wind deflector
    OEM Over fenders
    2500 lb Harbor Freight winch with wireless remote (hey, my wife bought it)
    4 LED 18w spots (2 front, 2 rear)
    Home made Hi-Lift mount
    Contico 3725 rear storage box

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    202 times
    Welcome to the Wolverine Forums!

“Smart isn’t enough. The kind of people I want on my team
    are those who will inspire everyone else”

Join us on Facebook!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WolverineForums.com
    Advertisements

Spectator
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    hi nice to meet you guys

Gear Grinder
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    142 times
    I love being able to do just about anything in my Wolverine. The ride is awesome!

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    162 times
    Welcome from Ohio.

Wolverine R Spec would be a good choice. Kawasaki Tyrex and Honda Pioneer are all great choices too. Of course you can't go wrong with a Polaris Ranger either. Ranger is a little more work oriented but you can definitely have fun in them.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    139 times
    Welcome Ryder....

I as well did about a year of research, watching reviews, forum stalking and such. When the wolverine came out I was not too impressed to say the least. Small motor, average suspension travel, no flashing graphics/paint schemes, and just no WOW factor. I was settled on getting a commander but was waiting to see Yamahas release of the YXZ (being a Yamaha guy for yrs) before making any final decision. Then reviews started coming out on youtube and such and they were very impressed with the machine so I figured id give it an in depth look rather than the pass over I did in the spring. I started reading just about every post on this forum and watching more and more videos of the wolverine in action and came to the conclusion that there was not a better machine suited for my needs.
    Requirement list I started with when my search started:
    1) reliability
    2) easy on the body....Raptor beats the crap out me the first few rides of the season
    3) off road/exploring untraveled woods
    4) 75% recreation 25% utility....utility being= can tug /pull/ carry items (tools, cooler, gas) for 8-10 rides.......dump bed is not required in my thought of utility
    5) Handling....I like fast trail riding
    6) enough motor to keep up with friends...most have the MAV/RZR

I've had my machine a whole 2 days and put 2 miles on it ( parking lot at shop ) but I am happy with my purchase so far. I will have an better conclusion if I had made the right choice come early fall but I do not expect a disappointment. I went thru the same process before purchasing my Raptor in 2002 and have never looked back. That
    machine have served me well with no issues other than a ball joint 2 yrs ago and has been passed down to my sons. Wish I had done the homework before purchasing the kids 4wheelers thru the yrs, the Polaris Trailblazers had motor rebuilds/ball joints/bushings/ you name they had it.
    Ryder likes this.
    Lead, follow, or get out of the way.
    Videos posted on YouTube " Outkasters " Michigan Mudder Fudders
    16 Blue R-Spec EPS
    3500lb Yamaha warn winch
    Yamaha folding windshield
    Yamaha rear bumper
    Yamaha rear storage box
    Yamaha rearview mirror
    SSV Overhead stereo
    EMP rear windscreen
    Quad boss 21 1/2 " light bar
    4mm 6061 T6 aluminum handmade front bash plate
    Yamaha over fenders
    Garmin Nuvi 2555 gps dash mounted
    STI HD7 14"
    ITP Blackwater Evolutions 27x9 front and 27x11 rear.
    Hunterworks machined sheave (greaseless)
    16 gram weights with purple spring
    slippery washers
    Siezmik side mirrors
    hand made mud flaps
    slug kit....NOT INSTALLED YET
    2" SuperATV lift kit

Sponsored Links