HMF Racing IQ Defender Black Rear Bumper for 2019-2020 Wolverine X2
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Wolverine Forum

This is a discussion on HMF Racing IQ Defender Black Rear Bumper for 2019-2020 Wolverine X2 within the POWERSPORTSiD forums, part of the Supporting Vendors category; The HMF brand was established in 1997 by Hans Luenger in Cleveland, Ohio. At first, he built performance exhaust systems in his garage. As the ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: HMF Racing IQ Defender Black Rear Bumper for 2019-2020 Wolverine X2

Supporting Vendor POWERSPORTSiD's Avatar
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times

The HMF brand was established in 1997 by Hans Luenger in Cleveland, Ohio. At first, he built performance exhaust systems in his garage. As the business was growing, Hans wanted to expand and diversify his product line adding new products, including heavy-duty bumpers, winch mounts, skid plates, and other accessories for popular models of ATVs and UTVs.

Check this rear bumper designed specifically for your Yamaha Wolverine X2. It features relatively simple bolt-on installation and durable powder-coating finish. By adding a bumper to the rear end of your machine, you can not only protect it from damage when backing up in tight spaces or among trees but also strengthen it preventing added stress on the differential.

HMF Racing® - IQ Defender Black Rear Bumper - POWERSPORTSiD.com
    https://www.powersportsid.com/hmf-ra...448086961.html

Features:
    Made from .095” wall, heavy-duty steel tubing
    Easily mounts to the frame - bolts on the stock location
    Works with stock and HMF™ exhausts.
    Prevents added stress on the differential by strengthening the rear end
    Helps ties lower and upper frame together to help correct an inherent problem with the differential being stressed
    Guaranteed to deliver a long-lasting service life

Fitment:
    2019-2020 YXE85 Wolverine X2

Go to the product page at POWERSPORTSiD.com for more information.
    If you have any questions, feel free to ask them here or call our experts at 888.903.4348
    MORSNO likes this.

Yamaha Powersports Parts & Accessories - POWERSPORTSiD.com https://www.powersportsid.com/yamaha-accessories-parts/

Got any questions? Get advice from our bike experts in Live Chat or Call Toll Free: 888.903.4348

Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Instagram | Pinterest

Knowledge base: Helpful Powersports Guides & Articles

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    34 times
    Nice! Did you just introduce that or has it been out for awhile?
    2020 X2 XTR

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    795 times
    It looks great! I wonder how it reduces stress on the rear final gear.
    2019 X2 R-Spec new 8/9/2019
    OEM winch, windshield, soft cab, rock sliders, rear flares. Custom front bumper, Richochet A-Arm guards, Front & Rear LED pod lights. Paul65’s thread, Backup Camera, Tablet for GPS Navigation, Parking Brake. Seizmik Vents & mirrors, SuperATV half windshield and full rear, NOAM NUTV-5S sound system, Sway bars deleted. 27” Kenda Bear Claw HTR’s, Hunterworks w/ 20-g, 2" cage chop, LED tape lights under the custom roof. Weller tie rods. Perfex 2" lift.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WolverineForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    787 times
    I've mentioned this bumper to many on the FB group that were looking for options.
    I'm not sure if it clears the OEM exhaust when the bed is lifted all the way.
    I've asked those that bought it for a review and pics, but got none.
    Paul65 likes this.
    2019 WOLVERINE X2 R-SPEC SE / Tactical Black
    Adapt your machine to how you intend to use it.
    Every mod you do to a machine will have gains somewhere and losses in other areas.
    Decide what you want and what you can live with or without.

Supporting Vendor POWERSPORTSiD's Avatar
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AUGDOG View Post
    Nice! Did you just introduce that or has it been out for awhile?
    As far as I know, it was introduced to the market a year ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul65 View Post
    It looks great! I wonder how it reduces stress on the rear final gear.
    Honestly, I have no idea. That's what the press release said. I guess it increases the rigidity of the frame somehow reducing stress on the differential.

Quote Originally Posted by SKELLEY521 View Post
    I'm not sure if it clears the OEM exhaust when the bed is lifted all the way.
    The manufacturer always tests these things. HMF Racing specifically says that this bumper will not interfere with stock or HMF exhaust, and will not limit the tilt of the dump bed or opening of the tailgate.
    Also, you can see it in this video:

https://youtu.be/23G4O_ipDIg?t=200
    SKELLEY521 and Paul65 like this.

Yamaha Powersports Parts & Accessories - POWERSPORTSiD.com https://www.powersportsid.com/yamaha-accessories-parts/

Got any questions? Get advice from our bike experts in Live Chat or Call Toll Free: 888.903.4348

Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Instagram | Pinterest

Knowledge base: Helpful Powersports Guides & Articles

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    145 times
    I've asked those that bought it for a review and pics, but got none.
    I have one on my 2019 X2. Here's the only picture I currently have on my laptop.

Name:  20200627_082529.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  3.85 MB

It's okay but it didn't fit very well. There was a lot of tweaking and swearing to get the 4-8mm fasteners lined up. The bolts they give you are too long to put in from the bed pointing down and it's nearly impossible to get a wrench in the channel to tighten it up with the bolt pointing up. I could have simply shortened the bolts or got replacements but I opted to make 2 nut plates to match the bolt pattern which made it much easier to install. What should have took 15 minutes to install turned into a 2 hour wrestling match... the bolts should have lined up much better. Also, a helper would have been hugely beneficial but I was on my own.

I like the way it looks and should provide some protection when erroneously backing into a tree or other stationary object although it should be a little wider to protect the fenders/taillights IMO. It does not obstruct the tilt of the bed but it does come very close to the muffler. I think it's a stretch to claim it's adding strength to the rear diff, the bumper is attached to the bed frame and swivels on the hinge pins with the bed. It would add strength to the bed frame but how that would prevent added stress to the differential is above my pay grade... that's just my observation and not disputing their claim. Honestly, that's the first time I seen that statement so I hadn't given it much thought.

There's not many bumper options for the X2 and this one checked all the boxes for me. I feel the OEM "brush guard" is more aesthetic than functional so I passed on it and the tilting bed limits the design possibilities for a DIY unit. Fortunately, I haven't had an opportunity to test it during an impact but no doubt will in the future.

Hope this helps,
    Mike
    2019 X2 SE BC Blue
    28X10X12 Blackwater EVO's All Around
    OEM Folding Windshield
    OEM Cargo Box
    4500 lbs. Winch
    26" Chino Light-bar
    Siezmik Pusuit Mirrors
    HMF Rear Bumper
    Midland MXT115 GMRS Radio
    Samsung 8" Tab A with BCN Toppo Mapping

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1097 times
    I have this bumper with the HMF Titan Quiet Series exhaust. It’s kind of a pain to install, but it looks/works great! Very happy with it.

Name:  D8B646D8-D734-4517-8255-92937187604D.jpeg
Views: 25
Size:  2.71 MB

Name:  94D5B34E-7AB8-48E0-B7A6-CF091D23735E.jpeg
Views: 24
Size:  2.58 MB
    2016 R-Spec EPS, Folding Windshield, Rear Window, Cargo Box, YXZ Steering Wheel
    Warn-3000
    Sedona-Storm 14", Rip-Saw Tires 27x9-14 and 27x11-14
    Assault & Seizmik-Mirrors
    EMP-Front/Rear Bumpers, CV Guards
    Super ATV-2" Lift Kit
    19" LED Bar

2019 R-Spec X2, Folding Windshield, Cargo Box
    Warn-3500, 72” plow
    Interco Sniper 920's-28x10-14 on SB-3 Wheels
    Assault & Seizmik-Mirrors
    JBS-Firewall Shields
    Weller-ReFlash
    HMF-Titan Quiet Exhaust & Rear Bumper
    NGK-Iridium Plugs
    24” LED Bar

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    795 times
    It's a good looking bumper! I like it better than the OEM, which is not much more than a place for me to hang LED pod lights. For me, the OEM bumper was a pain to install with a helper. I'd choose this one over the OEM bumper, it has much more protection.

I think they reason they don't have it come out to the side more to protect the sides is it would protect them when backing up. But driving forward it would catch on things.
    2019 X2 R-Spec new 8/9/2019
    OEM winch, windshield, soft cab, rock sliders, rear flares. Custom front bumper, Richochet A-Arm guards, Front & Rear LED pod lights. Paul65’s thread, Backup Camera, Tablet for GPS Navigation, Parking Brake. Seizmik Vents & mirrors, SuperATV half windshield and full rear, NOAM NUTV-5S sound system, Sway bars deleted. 27” Kenda Bear Claw HTR’s, Hunterworks w/ 20-g, 2" cage chop, LED tape lights under the custom roof. Weller tie rods. Perfex 2" lift.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    145 times
    I think they reason they don't have it come out to the side more to protect the sides is it would protect them when backing up. But driving forward it would catch on things.
    I agree but a couple of inches more would offer more protection for the taillights and it would still be inside the body lines.

Does the OEM protrude out beyond the cargo box and tailgate? The picture I've seen it appears to wrap under the box.

Mike
    Wolvie Hunter likes this.
    2019 X2 SE BC Blue
    28X10X12 Blackwater EVO's All Around
    OEM Folding Windshield
    OEM Cargo Box
    4500 lbs. Winch
    26" Chino Light-bar
    Siezmik Pusuit Mirrors
    HMF Rear Bumper
    Midland MXT115 GMRS Radio
    Samsung 8" Tab A with BCN Toppo Mapping

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    787 times
    Thanks guys, I like that bumper and it's on my list of items to get
    2019 WOLVERINE X2 R-SPEC SE / Tactical Black
    Adapt your machine to how you intend to use it.
    Every mod you do to a machine will have gains somewhere and losses in other areas.
    Decide what you want and what you can live with or without.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links