Yamaha heater install in '19 X4
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Wolverine Forum

This is a discussion on Yamaha heater install in '19 X4 within the X2/X4 How To forums, part of the Yamaha Wolverine X2 & X4 847cc SxS category; So I am installing the OEM Yamaha heater in my X4 and noticed that the "T" to interface with the radiator hoses that are cut, ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Brandomartsx
  • 1 Post By blast

Thread: Yamaha heater install in '19 X4

Mechanic
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    34 times

So I am installing the OEM Yamaha heater in my X4 and noticed that the "T" to interface with the radiator hoses that are cut, the fitting just slides in without any resistance. The hose is probably 1/16" larger than the ID of the fitting, no resistance. The 5/8" hose supplied with the kit installs with what you would call a normal amount of resistance.

So my question is for those who have installed the Yamaha kit, is the large existing radiator hose fit that poorly on your "T" as well?

Also I notice on the dash vents that they installed the adapter onto the vent. You need to unscrew the adapter from the vent so it will fit through the 2.5" hole cut in the dash. The dash will sandwich between the vent and the vent adapter.
    2019 Wolverine X4 SE in Tactical Black
    Hard sun top
    Ryco turn signal horn kit
    Full Cab
    Heater
    Light Bar
    Spare Tire Carrier
    Stereo & Subwoofer
    Deluxe headliner
    Rock Sliders
    3500 Winch

Couch Potato
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Believe it or not, those T fittings will seal just fine. Just tighten them down.

The newer kits have a different sized fitting that fits better. So if you really don't like it, contact Yamaha and see if they'll send you a pair of the new ones.

Mechanic
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    34 times
    Quote Originally Posted by X4guy View Post
    Believe it or not, those T fittings will seal just fine. Just tighten them down.

The newer kits have a different sized fitting that fits better. So if you really don't like it, contact Yamaha and see if they'll send you a pair of the new ones.
    Thanks for the reply. I just wanted to make sure they will work and they seemed to tighten down OK. Need to refill the cooling system so I can warm it up to pressurize the system and check for leaks. It is odd that they would not have a tight fit like the 5/8" dia. hose connection.
    Hard sun top
    Full Cab
    Heater
    Light Bar
    Spare Tire Carrier
    Stereo & Subwoofer
    Deluxe headliner
    Rock Sliders
    3500 Winch

4. Remove Advertisements
    WolverineForums.com
    Advertisements

Mechanic
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    34 times
    Got it filled back up and pressurized and there were no leaks.
    Hard sun top
    Full Cab
    Heater
    Light Bar
    Spare Tire Carrier
    Stereo & Subwoofer
    Deluxe headliner
    Rock Sliders
    3500 Winch

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    Quote Originally Posted by blfuller View Post
    Got it filled back up and pressurized and there were no leaks.
    Pictures please. Doing this install next week I hope.
    '19 Yamaha X4 Back Country Blue
    Yamaha Full Cab
    Yamaha Heater
    Reverse lights

Mechanic
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    34 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandomartsx View Post
    Since I didn't take any for the install I suggest you watch this video:

One thing I suggest is to locate the two coolant drains under the wolverine and fully drain the coolant. There are a couple of holes in the skid plates that allow access to the metal coolant lines and they have a couple of caps that you remove so you can drain the coolant. Drain it in a clean container for reuse later. Container should be low enough to allow access to the cap with the container underneath. Remove radiator cap before removing caps.

In the video above it shows enlarging the dash vent holes, DO NOT DO THIS. Cut the holes in the dash as shown in the instructions. Do not enlarge them as shown in the video. The vent and the hose adapter were screwed together in my kit. When you install the hoses per the instructions you will need to unscrew the hose adapter from the vent. The vent is installed on the outside of the dash and the adapter with hose goes inside with the hole in the dash sandwiched in between.

Also you will find that the installation of the heater is easier with the drivers side footwell removed. It is some what of a bitch to get it out .

Make sure you route your heater hoses and ducting away from the front drive line and the parking brake mechanism and disc. Hopefully your kit has the hose T fittings that fit the hose better. Just post if you require further assistance.
    Hard sun top
    Full Cab
    Heater
    Light Bar
    Spare Tire Carrier
    Stereo & Subwoofer
    Deluxe headliner
    Rock Sliders
    3500 Winch

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    Quote Originally Posted by blfuller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandomartsx View Post
    Since I didn't take any for the install I suggest you watch this video:

One thing I suggest is to locate the two coolant drains under the wolverine and fully drain the coolant. There are a couple of holes in the skid plates that allow access to the metal coolant lines and they have a couple of caps that you remove so you can drain the coolant. Drain it in a clean container for reuse later. Container should be low enough to allow access to the cap with the container underneath. Remove radiator cap before removing caps.

In the video above it shows enlarging the dash vent holes, DO NOT DO THIS. Cut the holes in the dash as shown in the instructions. Do not enlarge them as shown in the video. The vent and the hose adapter were screwed together in my kit. When you install the hoses per the instructions you will need to unscrew the hose adapter from the vent. The vent is installed on the outside of the dash and the adapter with hose goes inside with the hole in the dash sandwiched in between.

Also you will find that the installation of the heater is easier with the drivers side footwell removed. It is some what of a bitch to get it out [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.wolverineforums.com/forum/images/smilies/culpability.png[/IMG].

Make sure you route your heater hoses and ducting away from the front drive line and the parking brake mechanism and disc. Hopefully your kit has the hose T fittings that fit the hose better. Just post if you require further assistance.

Perfect thank you. I’ll try and get some pictures of the install. And I’m sure I’ll be asking for help on here hahah.
    blast likes this.
    '19 Yamaha X4 Back Country Blue
    Yamaha Full Cab
    Yamaha Heater
    Reverse lights

Moon Shiner
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    91 times
    Nice install, the only thing I would add is to lengthen the accessory plugs for any future use. The stock wiring is very short and hard to get to once the heater is installed.
    1slo_CR likes this.
    2019 X2 R-spec SE, Black, Full cab, heater, wiper, tracks, Warn 4500 wireless winch,synthetic. Sendona wheels, 5/2, Sedona rip saws 27x11xR14 , Moose plow, Furion RV back-up camera, Garmin GPS. All Glass.

Paper Boy
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Completely agree - the in-line fuse out of the box will end up behind the firewall - I recommend lengthening that wire to bring the fuse outside of the firewall for ease of maintenance.

Sponsored Links