Yamaha heater install in '19 X4
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Wolverine Forum

This is a discussion on Yamaha heater install in '19 X4 within the X2/X4 How To forums, part of the Yamaha Wolverine X2 & X4 847cc SxS category; So I am installing the OEM Yamaha heater in my X4 and noticed that the "T" to interface with the radiator hoses that are cut, ...

Thread: Yamaha heater install in '19 X4

Slow Poke
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times

So I am installing the OEM Yamaha heater in my X4 and noticed that the "T" to interface with the radiator hoses that are cut, the fitting just slides in without any resistance. The hose is probably 1/16" larger than the ID of the fitting, no resistance. The 5/8" hose supplied with the kit installs with what you would call a normal amount of resistance.

So my question is for those who have installed the Yamaha kit, is the large existing radiator hose fit that poorly on your "T" as well?

Also I notice on the dash vents that they installed the adapter onto the vent. You need to unscrew the adapter from the vent so it will fit through the 2.5" hole cut in the dash. The dash will sandwich between the vent and the vent adapter.
    2019 Wolverine X4 SE in Tactical Black
    Hard sun top
    Glass windshield with wiper
    Glass rear window
    Heater

Couch Potato
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Believe it or not, those T fittings will seal just fine. Just tighten them down.

The newer kits have a different sized fitting that fits better. So if you really don't like it, contact Yamaha and see if they'll send you a pair of the new ones.

Slow Poke
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Quote Originally Posted by X4guy View Post
    Believe it or not, those T fittings will seal just fine. Just tighten them down.

The newer kits have a different sized fitting that fits better. So if you really don't like it, contact Yamaha and see if they'll send you a pair of the new ones.
    Thanks for the reply. I just wanted to make sure they will work and they seemed to tighten down OK. Need to refill the cooling system so I can warm it up to pressurize the system and check for leaks. It is odd that they would not have a tight fit like the 5/8" dia. hose connection.
    Hard sun top
    Glass rear window
    Heater

4. Remove Advertisements
    WolverineForums.com
    Advertisements

Slow Poke
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Got it filled back up and pressurized and there were no leaks.
    Hard sun top
    Glass rear window
    Heater

Sponsored Links