Update on top shock brackets - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Wolverine Forum

Update on top shock brackets

This is a discussion on Update on top shock brackets within the X2/X4 Suspension forums, part of the Yamaha Wolverine X2 & X4 847cc SxS category; Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill You don't have to be a physics science major to look at how the Highlifter kit moves the tops of the ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Update on top shock brackets

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    152 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
    You don't have to be a physics science major to look at how the Highlifter kit moves the tops of the shock towers outward and thus puts a tremendous amount of force upwards vs the stock upper shock mount, which directs the force inwards. It's a really bad design.

I think if you're going to do a lift kit that repositions the top shock mounts it ought to be at least a boxed insert that goes inside the stock bracket. Heck even if you're not doing a lift, one could clamp or weld in a piece of boxed stock in that area and beef it up substantially.
    Whoever engineered the high lifter setup should be fired. What a seriously flawed setup. Nice job coming up with the square tube shock mount support.
    MassiveOverkill and Rockit401 like this.
    2019 Wolverine X2 Camo R-Spec
    1st Wolverine X2 ECU Tuned by Dynojet with Power Vision (read/write over the diagnostic port)
    JBS & Hunterworks sheave testing inprogress
    MSA M25 Wheels with EFX 8ply 27x10x14 Motoclaw
    SuperATV 1.5" Rear Wheel Spacer
    Pro Vantage 3500 Warn Winch
    Rear Cargo Box
    Adventure Pro Magellan
    Super ATV Flip Windshield & Half Windshield
    Shoulder bolster deleted
    Jegs 28K BTU in Cab Heater
    Side by Side Enclosures full Cab
    Amsoil Synthetics Throughout

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    48 times
    Definitely sucks. I usually don’t complain about much. But what really irritates me is I wrote up a review on the main highlifter site because I noticed there were no reviews and hoped I could save someone like myself the headache . A while ago I wrote a very professional and respectful review and taking full responsibility but it says it goes to a administrator for approval so either no one is writing anything good or there not allowing any reviews. It’s pretty sad I am a business owner myself and would not want this kit with my name on it the right thing to do is stand behind your product not just hope people don’t know and sell as many as you can, so unless you here about it you can get sucked into it just like I did.
    MassiveOverkill and MORSNO like this.

Slow Poke
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Has corporate talked to you about you results with the high lifter. They have to know about there product being junk.

It really sucks, because I need a lift, I rode today and beat the hell out of the underside of my X2. Except for going to 28, I have no other choice!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WolverineForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    48 times
    No response. I guess super atv does have blocks that go on ur coil spring 2” but haven’t herd much about them. To be honest without adding some support to the top shock mount I’m not 💯 I would add a lift . After I added the tubing recommended by over kill that’s a different story I put a huge pry bar on it yesterday and it isn’t moving now what so ever but you can’t use the highlifter kit with that setup nor would I even if I could it’s a terrible design.
    MassiveOverkill likes this.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    48 times
    So just wanted to let guys know after removing the high lifter kit from the front ( no choice) and running a square piece of tubing through the frame and welding it in place . I put it to the test this weekend with big rocks and rocky creek beds and held up great actually impressed. What does boggle my mind is I ended up keeping the rear highlifter kit in .But sitting on flat surface by eye you would not noticed the difference. so I measured and there is maybe a inch difference from frame tubing in the front to the rear of the machine isn’t it supposed to be 3.5” lift ?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Tipman14; 10-15-2019 at 01:22 PM.
    MassiveOverkill and Greggo like this.

Super Moderator MassiveOverkill's Avatar
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1451 times
    Get us some pics please
    Greggo likes this.
    2018 Blue Wolverine X4
    First Wolverine X4 to break the 60 MPH barrier
    Over 8000 miles and 500 hours
    Hunterworks prototype sheave with easy cleanout port, 22 gram HV weights
    Weller Racing ECU flash
    HMF Titan Series Quiet slip-on Exhaust
    Walker Evans shocks
    Swiss-cheesed airbox lid
    NGK Laser Iridium spark plugs
    Tinkseal additives
    STI HD beadlocks wearing Tusk Terrabite 27x9x12 tires
    OEM windshield, soft cab, and roof
    OEM skid plates
    OEM rock sliders
    OEM A-arm guards
    OEM cargo box
    Check out the Yamaha X2/X4 FB group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WolverineX2X4/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links